Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think the Alena blog hinting hugely at the fall out between them has pushed Teapots over the edge, plus the chat on here that she has no doubt discovered. She did always come across as quite fragile.
I think you are likely right. I don't think she handles criticism well. Some time ago she had received comments making suggestions about something (I don't remember what) and she got very defensive about it. She posted a slightly ranty reel and it felt like the mask slipped somewhat as she snapped back at those followers (who if I recall were just making suggestions, not actually criticising her) so I imagine if she's aware of the chat on here about her she will not have taken it well. I'd be surprised if she's reading Alena's blog though, do you think she has?

Reactions: 5
Had a little nosey in Teapotandtablecloths account. Last video she looks lovely in the navy dress, much younger & sounds so much better when not putting on the Queen voice.
Lydia put up a reel of doing her hair on a day she thought it looked manky and I was stunned at how pretty she is before she starts turning herself into a 1940s schoolmarm.
---
Michelle, Rememberingtheoldways has posted a reel today of her home over the last year and how much it has changed.

There's a comment 'so glad I found you via Mrswarrscountryhome page'. 😳 No reply to that like the many other comments M has replied to, I'd love to bloody well know why there's been some big falls outs😁
That post popped up my feed. Gorgeous home. I wonder if she has another cooker?
😂Meanwhile I’m burning to know what’s going on between them all!

Edit: hmmm that comment is gone (or I just can’t find it).
---
Can I suggest ‘Real housewives of England 1940s’ as a thread title?
That’s what they’ve turned into!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Something to chuckle over.

Michelle made a couple of project pouches to take to a class. Henhouse has now pinned the post of the pouches she made last year to the top of her feed. :LOL:

• Haha

Iamintherealworld

The remaining three of the Bleinham Circle have met up this weekend. Why can't I stop humming - the 10 green bottle song 🎵🎶..who will be the next Bleinham Circle Lady to accidentally fall 👀.

Lydia seems very sugary sweet with Henhousehomemade and vice versa now.

I'm in total agreement with the poster on here saying Lydia's content has changed to vanity. I've stopped following her. Her account has changed to full on IG influencer.

BuffaloSoldier

You lucky thing. I'd love to visit Beamish! I will get there one day.
I think we take it for granted really, it’s really lovely though!

Mind I have just spotted this, screams like catty behaviour to me, agreed with posters above all this dear heart’s nonsense and “twee” mannerisms just get on my nerves, I wonder if they ever just think f it and order a domino’s (and talk in their true accents instead of that ridiculous put on “posh” tone)

Attachments

• Wow

Clare

VIP Member
I think the Alena blog hinting hugely at the fall out between them has pushed Teapots over the edge, plus the chat on here that she has no doubt discovered. She did always come across as quite fragile.

I agree that Lydia is genuine in terms of her way of life. You can tell she’s all in and I love that but I do feel Instagram and all that entails has gone to her head slightly
I agree completely. I don't think she's false about loving the vintage life but I do think she's false in pretty much every other way. Maybe she needs her own thread.

Iamintherealworld

Love Alena’s shot at Lydia, Sian and Katrina - ‘To top it off, a few things in my social circle really made me question certain people and their intentions. I have a pretty charmed life, but I realised that the moment I really needed my friends around me, they were too busy making jam. I had left Instagram so I guess I was no longer useful to them, and they moved onto bigger fish.’
---

I was right and it makes sense - if they have been horrible to her then having something so related to your former friendship must be hard to see constantly.
I have seen Alena's post. We have seen her side !

I can fully well believe they are all flaky, false attention seeking women..Lydia in particular is getting worse as time goes on.
And all of them no doubt got worse since having their IG accounts which has brought out the worst in them in certain ways.

However, all fool all of them..the 'friendships' were formed overnight, how the hec as a married stay at home Mums with school aged children and in Lydia's case a baby at the time, can you have intense full on gushy friendships and each woman miles and miles from each other. I'd say they all went into this intense quad friendship guns ablazing..I was a SAHM and I most certainly would not have had time for intense friendships when my children were young (even at the end of the phone). I barely had time for my very good close friends.

Let's not forget Alena has mentioned friendship issues before these women were in her lifes, she could be a person that can not keep female friendships.
---
Kudos to Alena tho for admitting her regrets for falling down the IG influencer rabbit hole.

Reactions: 4

nicalibres

VIP Member
I've been following this thread with interest for a while but have never had anything much to contribute before. I've never really been sure what I thought of Alena tbh. I agree with a lot of what she says about feminism but I found the sudden dressing vintage thing when she became friends with the other Blenheim circle members very odd and it seems like she's ditched that idea again now. Anyway, when it became evident the Blenheim circle had fallen out with her I assumed she was responsible, but I've noticed a couple of interesting things that have made me wonder if I've been a bit hasty to blame her. Quite a while back, Lydia appeared to become very close to a lady called Michelle (rememberingtheoldways) and Sian likewise struck up a very close friendship with her. They were all visiting one another and posting rapturously about how much they delighted in their friendship. A few months ago I noticed I hadn't seen Lydia mention Michelle in a while so I had a peek and they no longer follow each other on Instagram, in fact I'm fairly sure they've blocked one another as their likes have disappeared from their posts. I thought it was odd but Sian and Michelle were evidently still friendly. But recently I noticed that Sian and Michelle have also stopped following one another on Instagram. I find it very odd for grown women who come across so friendly and polite to have burnt bridges with two of their "dearest" friends in such a short space of time. It's left me wondering if maybe Alena was the one who was burnt afterall and if that's the case I feel a bit sorry for her and a bit bad for thinking ill of her when it first came to light.
Oooh I wish someone knew the tea 👀 I was never Alena’s biggest fan but Sian gives me bad vibes. I find all the ‘dear heart’ nonsense so sickly and insincere.

Iamintherealworld

Something to chuckle over.

Michelle made a couple of project pouches to take to a class. Henhouse has now pinned the post of the pouches she made last year to the top of her feed. :LOL:
Both of them have the same interest - quilting. They both seem to use the same type of pattern fabrics, it all looks the same to me ! It's all lovely and a real talent what they produce. Michelle did quote the person for the pattern (not Henhouse) and says her daughter showed her how to make tassels.

I have noticed in the past Mrs Warr copies places Henhouse goes to. Burgh Island Hotel, The Belmond Train for example.

BuffaloSoldier

I remember the group pictures. Is she the one with SilverCross pram and buying things in bulk at the village shops?
---
No that’s teapotsandtablecloths (Lydia), she hasn’t posted in a good few weeks. Don’t get me wrong it’s all well and good being more conscious of make do and mend lifestyles etc but it’s all very “twee”

mrswarrshome is another in the Blenheim Circle (cannot stand that name) and is all very soft spoken and addresses people by “dear hearts” - I honestly would have been bullied if my mum went on this way 🫣

Really? In what way ? if she does come back she will be reinvented.

Teapotsandtableclothes Is not giving over with the constant need for admiration and attention..maybe she needs her own thread? Title idea ?
I completely agree. With Alena no longer present on Instagram there really isn't much to discuss here about her, and it makes no sense using her thread to talk about the other ladies. Lydia in particular is deserving of her own thread.

nicalibres

VIP Member
The IG break is well over ! Fishing rod out again today. She's posted on her grid. Mentioned a skirt she's wearing she likes and has adjusted 3 times 🥱.
I think she looks great with the weight loss but I’d rather she just addressed it in one post and talked honestly about it. Perfectly valid and normal. However, the constant wee comments she just happens to drop into completely unrelated posts are becoming tedious, and the relentless need for attention from a grown woman is icky.

As I've previously said. I preferred her before. Also , what is so bloody irritating. Lydia will do a video about vintage dressing then Sian will do exactly the same. L will sit at kitchen table posting now Sian does it, Its so repetitive and boring.
And then they will post ridiculous, formulaic, gushy comments one each other's posts. It's just so fake. If they're such close friends why the need to "perform" their friendship for strangers on the Internet? Any normal person would just give it a like and text their friend personally.

LucyLu2

Has anyone else noticed she's going for a bit of a rebrand to fit in with her new Instagram friends? She's going all vintage and making out she's always been that way. She's so faux humble yet loves to brag about all the expensive stuff she owns
Decided to search on here to see if anyone else had noticed this change in direction by her as it's niggling at me somewhat. And once again Tattle didn't let me down! What a strange woman. As someone else has said I think she lives in her own make believe little world. I came across her via some of the others in her "Blenheim Circle" that I follow (I like all the vintage side of things) and then she just seems a bit like a weird hanger on if you know what I mean.

Iamintherealworld

BIB has hit the nail on the head. Has she always been this friendly with this nostalgic life (I forget her actual name)?

Mrs Large seems to me to be the only one of the Blenheim circle who feels truly authentic.
Mrs Large isn't in the Bleinham Circle, never was.. Mrs Large is a vintage housewife account..she happens to be a neighbour of Lydia's so they share the same interests. And both attend the same WI Group.

Bleinham Circle members are now
Mrswarrscountryhome - Sian
Teapotsandtablecloths - Lydia
Thisnostalgiclife - Katrina
---
I too agree, Mrs Large's account does come across authentic..
---
I wish someone would ask about Alena. No one has commented about the Blenheim circle. Unless the ladies are deleting all their comments. If Alena has actually left social media for good I respect her a bit more.
[/QUOTE]

In all honesty..I had noticed way back into last year Alena dropped off the radar being mentioned on the other three's accounts..I just assumed it was because Alena had come of IG and didn't want any presence or mention on it at all. Maybe other followers think the same? It is this thread which has highlighted the fall outs to me.

If you look at the comments on Lydia & Sian's posts it is mainly the same women commenting blowing smoke up them. And, they only tend to reply to a select few followers comments now.

Last edited: