Topshop Nostalgia

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact they sold sweets by the tills used to blow my mind as a teen 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The fact they sold sweets by the tills used to blow my mind as a teen 😂
pahahaha I don’t know about every shop, but in the Topshop I worked in, I would cringe when people bought them. Literally sat there for 2+ years, melting under the hot lights and lack of aircon.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
pahahaha I don’t know about every shop, but in the Topshop I worked in, I would cringe when people bought them. Literally sat there for 2+ years, melting under the hot lights and lack of aircon.
Oh god I was too poor to afford them (too poor to be in Topshop too) and now I'm definitely glad I didn't buy them 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I had borderline hypothermia for the entirety of 2005-2010 from wearing no shoe that wasn’t the ballet pumps which were barely more substantial than actual ballet slippers with above the ankle skinny jeans (show off those basic foot tattoos, or you’re nobody). Whatever the weather.
Same - even into my 20s which is unforgivable! Imagine getting to work/a restaurant/a pub and you’ve got to nip to the disabled loo so you can dry your wafer thin shoes in private 😫

@under the ivy you can set alerts on eBay for when new items match your search criteria!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My favourite (at the time) purchase from Topshop was a silver tie circa 2005. I wore it Avril Lavigne-style over a t-shirt and it was also around the same time I constantly wore a cord trilby and enormous baggy cord trousers. Fashion? I don't know her. The only item of clothing I bought from there that stood the test of time is a heavy green coat with pleather elbow patches and loads of pockets, two of which are big enough to fit half a 20cm cake in. Topshop themselves may have died but my coat will live on forever.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I lusted after the Barbara Hulanicki mini dress worn by Alexa Chung for YEARS. Eventually bought one on ebay and it's lovely but SO short, doesn't even begin to cover my arse :LOL: i've still got it, but packed away in a cupboard.... i'll never wear it but wanted it for so long I can't bear to get rid!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I still occasionally wear a ‘tea dress’ I got in topshop in about 2007 when they were really fashionable. It’s one of the most flattering dresses I’ve ever owned.

I’ve also kept (but don’t wear) both the black and white version of the one-shouldered dress from Kate Moss’s first collection. I still really love them, but I’m not a very fashionable person these days. I’d happily still be wearing all my clothes from those days 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I still love their Jamie jeans! They lasted me years, too.

Topshop was such a mood back in the day, does anyone remember all the indie music playing?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
the Joni super skinny jeans 🤣 and the 3 for £10 knickers. I had the Bond girl long black satin Kate Moss dress (£10 from a charity shop! praise beans) but no idea where on Earth it went 🥺 I would still wear it

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I really wanted the Kate Moss floral tea blouse. I still search eBay for it.

Anyone remember MOTO jeans?

I also loved their make-up range! The black kohl eyeliner pencil stayed put for hours.
I had MOTO jeans - bootcut with some sort of art nouveau piping detail on them and lace-up fly. Size 12 (and I'm now 5 sizes bigger!)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can anyone remember the Denise Van Outen collection 😂
Yes! She did bikinis or something?

I think this was just before Jane Shepherdson was made Creative Director and made it a cool place to shop?! Topshop were failing I think before she came in. Miss Selfridge was much cooler in the 90s as I remember it (although I rarely shopped there as we didn’t have a local one but did have Topshop).

Reactions: 5
Tophop had a leather collection in the mid to late 90s . I had s suede jacket and a suede skirt.

I think I preferred Miss Selfridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I loved the joni jeans!! I had a lovely white & yellow stripy crop blouse that had a bow on the front. Oh to be skinny with my pre baby body 🤣 i probs couldn't pull off either now!

I also had a lovely cotton white jumper with little coloured dots all over it. It was sooo nice

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wore this Topshop Sid and Nancy tshirt to DEATH when I was a teenager.. omg memories :LOL:

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 20.04.05.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25