Too Good To Go App - random bags of discounted food to reduce waste

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ended up deleting the app because it was shite. It probably works well in cities and large towns but in my town the only ones who seemed to put anything on there were Morrisons and Subway, and they used to be taken almost immediately.
I live in London but even where I live has been crap generally. It is good in central areas with lots of offices at the end of thr day in my experience

I’ve just seen an aldi one on there and I’m too curious not to see what it’s done to deserve 3.9 stars.

The local golf club has joined! However I’ve never seen bags take so long to be sold out! They are up for hours. Not sure I’m posh enough to set foot in there to collect 😂🫣

I wish this app had written reviews and photos.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The local golf club has joined! However I’ve never seen bags take so long to be sold out! They are up for hours. Not sure I’m posh enough to set foot in there to collect 😂🫣

I wish this app had written reviews and photos.
It takes a while for reviews to come up if they are new. Take a chance and grab one!

I think I mentioned further up that when I occasionally go somewhere that’s really hard to get a bag from I’ll ask if it’s the same person. The guy at a sushi restaurant rolled his eyes and said “yes it’s the same person that comes in every night!” 😂 People who get them ALL the time then get annoyed when others like to get them and I was informed that 1 particular person they had 2 of them using the app so they had more of a chance.

It reminds me of bidding for items on eBay back in the day 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I got one from my local Starbucks recently, it was all vegan sandwiches with fake meat, we gave them a try but they were so grim, the 'meat' was tasteless and chewy!

• Sad
I haven’t got any for a while. I think food is so expensive now that when the bag should be worth £10, you’re only getting a couple of sandwiches. They’re not lying but it’s just not a bargain anymore.

Reactions: 4
I haven’t got any for a while. I think food is so expensive now that when the bag should be worth £10, you’re only getting a couple of sandwiches. They’re not lying but it’s just not a bargain anymore.
Yep. Got a Costa one the other day, when I went in to collect it ten minutes before they closed there were about 15 reduced sandwiches on the counter and as she gave me the bag she said I could swap them if I wanted. I ended up with 3 sandwiches and I just thought really, why couldn’t you have given me one or two more of the ones on the counter as well - no one’s going to be buying them!

Reactions: 6
The novelty does wear off a bit eventually, doesn’t it?
I got one from costa yesterday when I was passing. It was packaged up already but she made a point of saying she’d put a bit more in. She put a pain au raisin in and two slices of banana bread, and when I got home I also had a porridge pot, a tuna Mayo sandwich and a ham and cheese sandwich. I’d have been a bit disappointed if the lady hadn’t put the extras in!

They’ve also updated the app and you need to manually remove ‘show sold out’ each time. It’s a minor annoyance, but I don’t know why they changed it!

Reactions: 9
The novelty does wear off a bit eventually, doesn’t it?
I got one from costa yesterday when I was passing. It was packaged up already but she made a point of saying she’d put a bit more in. She put a pain au raisin in and two slices of banana bread, and when I got home I also had a porridge pot, a tuna Mayo sandwich and a ham and cheese sandwich. I’d have been a bit disappointed if the lady hadn’t put the extras in!

They’ve also updated the app and you need to manually remove ‘show sold out’ each time. It’s a minor annoyance, but I don’t know why they changed it!
I agree, I don't think kt has reduced food waste that much, clearly shops are still throwing away loads of stuff. And pret used to give their leftovers ro homeless shelters anyway which obvious they now don't

I’ve stopped buying the bags so much now, like you say the novelty wears off.
We did get a Cooplands bakery bag yesterday and it was good, 3 massive custard tarts, 2 toffee danishes, 8 yum yums, 2 vanilla slices and 8 granary rolls. We shared some out with our neighbour as she can’t get out to bakeries for treats now.

Reactions: 5
Had to stop getting Costa bags as every time I got the dreaded ham & cheese toastie 🤮 and the selection isn’t that good anymore.

Reactions: 1
I got one the other day and amazingly had NO vegan toasties.
I got a tuna sweetcorn sandwich, ham and coleslaw sandwich, three chocolate muffins, a rocky road slice and a Eton mess thing that was revolting.
It’s a weird psychological thing for me, I don’t need any of this but when I know there’s one left and it’s less than a five minute drive, I suddenly MUST have it.

• Heart
Had to stop getting Costa bags as every time I got the dreaded ham & cheese toastie 🤮 and the selection isn’t that good anymore.
I got a costa bag yesterday and all I got was a cheese and tomato sandwich a bacon roll and a a cake. All things I like but I’ve had much better bags from different costas.

they had loads of sandwiches on the till so not sure why it was so stingy.

I got a costa bag yesterday and all I got was a cheese and tomato sandwich a bacon roll and a a cake. All things I like but I’ve had much better bags from different costas.

I had a similar experience here a few weeks ago. Really annoying.

Reactions: 1

The Costa bags have definitely got stingy now. The excuse is probably the “cost of living crisis”, like everything else out there🙄

Blah blah blah novelty value wearing off blah blah.
Just got a last minute aldi one. Three packs of buffalo mozarella, SIX packs of mortadella ham/prosciutto, a pack of focaccia, stir fry veg, pak choi and pea and ham soup. Quite impressed!

• Wow