Tom Hiddleston

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Benedict Cumberbatch has got a group of the most bonkers fans imaginable. They are absolutely vile about his wife and refuse to believe his three kids exist. If I were him I think I would be quite worried about my families safety.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Benedict Cumberbatch has got a group of the most bonkers fans imaginable. They are absolutely vile about his wife and refuse to believe his three kids exist. If I were him I think I would be quite worried about my families safety.
He has a restraining order, doesn't he? I suspect he has some kind of injunction out to protect them too as the press in the UK never print pictures of him and his family out and about even though they live in London.

Reactions: 4
I only dipped my toe into this rabbit hole but it was enough to make me feel absolutely shaken. I cannot believe the things they've said about his wife/kids.
He has a restraining order, doesn't he? I suspect he has some kind of injunction out to protect them too as the press in the UK never print pictures of him and his family out and about even though they live in London.
I hope he does. It's absurd that someone was violating his privacy in his own home. And with all this nonsense about fake kids, he'd be smart to protect them by any means possible.

I wish all celebs would protect their families' privacy instead of exploiting their kids like some do.

Here is a write up on the nutty Cumberbatch fans

Reactions: 1

Here is a write up on the nutty Cumberbatch fans
Thanks for posting this. I'm going to read it now... the first paragraph alone has me shaking my head.
“Oh, pillow,” Patty laughs, once she realizes what I’m looking at. “That’s our joke. We call them Pillow One, Two, and Three.”

"She is 49, and has a 15-year-old daughter and a 2-year-old grandson."
:oops::oops::oops:
I'm speechless. A fully grown adult woman spreading this nonsense. It's insane!!!! I dread to think what the rest of the article has in store.

What's really nutty is that BC has a reputation for being really nice to his fans. Is this how they repay him? Do we have a thread on him here? There's a lot to discuss around this stuff! :LOL:

Reactions: 3
Thanks for posting this. I'm going to read it now... the first paragraph alone has me shaking my head.

I'm speechless. A fully grown adult woman spreading this nonsense. It's insane!!!! I dread to think what the rest of the article has in store.

What's really nutty is that BC has a reputation for being really nice to his fans. Is this how they repay him? Do we have a thread on him here? There's a lot to discuss around this stuff! :LOL:
Well I suppose to be fair the nutters are only a tiny minority of his fans - albeit a very scary minority.

Reactions: 2

Interesting read. She is utterly convinced of this, isnt she? God if Sophie Hunter is so powerful that she can force millionnaire film stars to fake relationships with her and silence journalists what is she doing with her considerable power and influence? She could have just married some hedge funder instead if she wanted to be a stay at home mum!

Well I suppose to be fair the nutters are only a tiny minority of his fans - albeit a very scary minority.
Fair point. Still scary that there are any like that out there at all. We see it with all celebs to an extent- Markle, Hiddleston, Cumberbatch...but it's just when they cross the line like that, it makes you wonder where it all went wrong. When did fans become loonies?
Interesting read. She is utterly convinced of this, isnt she? God if Sophie Hunter is so powerful that she can force millionnaire film stars to fake relationships with her and silence journalists what is she doing with her considerable power and influence? She could have just married some hedge funder instead if she wanted to be a stay at home mum!
Right?!
Best line of the whole thing for me "Patty sees her work as fundamentally humanitarian". She really is convinced she's not only right, but she's doing the world a service! 😂

• Haha
There used to be a great thread on Digital Spy called “Larries and Other Tin Hats” which was all about mad fans of various celebs. It made for fascinating reading. 😱

I also think the technology we have now makes all this more worrisome. I was shocked to the very core when I read about BC having his every move in his own home live-tweeted by a neighbour! That completely compromises the safety of a celebrity and their families/children, if people read the tweet and go rushing to their front door. Not to mention the complete invasion of privacy.
This goes back to one of my previous posts where I mentioned that one fan went as far as buying a freaking drone to hoover over a celebrity's house. Like what the actual duck! The length that some people are willing to go for a random dude.

SM and the Internet has also allowed these nutty people to find each other easily and then share their “information” and develop into a cult where they really only interact with others who believe their conspiracies.
All the craziest stories and post always seems to find their niche on Tumblr where the younger fans are at, however, I was appalled to find out that ALSO the fans that are feel the most entitled to whatever fantasy they have are in their 30s and 40s so you cannot always assume is the younger generation with no sense of boundaries that's at it all the time.

Benedict Cumberbatch has got a group of the most bonkers fans imaginable.
I digress here, there are crazy, obnoxious and dangerous fans in all fandoms and, unfortunately, they are the loudest and the ones that get noticed the most.
I cannot think of a healthy fandom where everything is peace, love and bullet proof marshmallows. Singing Kumbaya around a fire pit.
I read in another forum that, a couple of years ago, when Zawe came into the picture, some fans were tweeting TH saying that they were suffering from panick attacks and ED because of his 'relationship'. Like now he was taken and they missed their chance, they were blaming their mental health decay on him! I never, personally, came across to those tweets but, holy crap! That scared the bejesus out of me.

I think most celebrities are nice and even, too, accommodating to fans UNTIL the batshit crazy mob comes into the forefront. Such a shame.
I remember when I met Steven Tyler, I was having dinner at their hotel one night just in hopes to spot them and 'breathe' the same air as him and the rest of Aerosmith. He's been my idol since I was too young to understand what an Idol was.
I couldn't believe the mob he had to endure, police were called and all because SOMEHOW someone found out their hotel room and were scavenging for it.
I, on the other hand, what I did? I bought a bottle of champagne and made the waitress send it to their table with a note stating my admiration and hoping he had a great time.
His response? He came into my table to thank me and we snapped a pic. Sometimes being nice and non-intrusive can get you a long way. The only problem is that some people don't know how to actually behave like a human

Reactions: 6
This goes back to one of my previous posts where I mentioned that one fan went as far as buying a freaking drone to hoover over a celebrity's house. Like what the actual duck! The length that some people are willing to go for a random dude.
What. the. actual. duck. :oops::oops::oops::oops:
I, on the other hand, what I did? I bought a bottle of champagne and made the waitress send it to their table with a note stating my admiration and hoping he had a great time.
His response? He came into my table to thank me and we snapped a pic.
This is beyond awesome! (y)

What. the. actual. duck. :oops::oops::oops::oops:

This is beyond awesome! (y)
Yup, only on Tumblr.... crazy crazy!!!
I pulled that schtick multiple times and got the same results lol. There's always a way to let your favorite know what they mean to you without having to stalk them or scream in their faces.

In other news, the Latin America Hiddlestoners is fighting because, allegedly, there is a cancel campaign against TH accusing him of inappropriate behaviors based on the red carpet video where he was checking Brie Larsson's cleavage.
This is how quickly we get the memo...they are flustered by an incident from 2017...I'mma just scoot

Last edited:
I pulled that schtick multiple times and got the same results lol. There's always a way to let your favorite know what they mean to you without having to stalk them or scream in their faces.

In other news, the Latin America Hiddlestoners is fighting because, allegedly, there is a cancel campaign against TH accusing him of inappropriate behaviors based on the red carpet video where he was checking Brie Larsson's cleavage.
This is how quickly we get the memo...they are flustered by an incident from 2017...I'mma just scoot
🙈
Brie, and many other actresses, are already wearing very low-cut dresses. And Tom is just a man who likes to look elsewhere, but that's exactly what's being photographed and commented on.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think most celebrities are nice and even, too, accommodating to fans UNTIL the batshit crazy mob comes into the forefront. Such a shame.
I remember when I met Steven Tyler, I was having dinner at their hotel one night just in hopes to spot them and 'breathe' the same air as him and the rest of Aerosmith. He's been my idol since I was too young to understand what an Idol was.
I couldn't believe the mob he had to endure, police were called and all because SOMEHOW someone found out their hotel room and were scavenging for it.
His response? He came into my table to thank me and we snapped a pic. Sometimes being nice and non-intrusive can get you a long way. The only problem is that some people don't know how to actually behave like a human
That is so awesome!

I think it's just the cycle of the way things go. They idolise complete strangers, develop some weird narrative in their head about what they are like and what they should do based on nothing but some publicity interviews and pap pics, all of which are curated by other people ( usually journo's and PR people). Then their idol does something they don't like ( usually has a relationship with someone who is not who the fans think they should be having a relationship with- not their co-star etc, their illusions are shattered and they turn against their idol. The reason they are not doing what they should be doing is because they are a commitment phobe/ gay/ being forced into doing something and then their idol falls off the pedestal because they are a normal person with their own agency and right to have relationships with whoever they like and are not doing what the fans want them to do.

I think it's just the cycle of the way things go. They idolise complete strangers, develop some weird narrative in their head about what they are like and what they should do based on nothing but some publicity interviews and pap pics, all of which are curated by other people ( usually journo's and PR people). Then their idol does something they don't like ( usually has a relationship with someone who is not who the fans think they should be having a relationship with- not their co-star etc, their illusions are shattered and they turn against their idol. The reason they are not doing what they should be doing is because they are a commitment phobe/ gay/ being forced into doing something and then their idol falls off the pedestal because they are a normal person with their own agency and right to have relationships with whoever they like and are not doing what the fans want them to do.
Most celebrities, Tom and Benedict included, are completely different as what we think

I'm sure they're completely normal or crave normality
This makes me think about that video where Tom comes unannounced on stage at some convention next to an Asian young lady, and she loses it, starts screaming and crying and can't even look at him. On that video he seems so uncomfortable with such display of "admiration"...
It must be absolutely scary to have a human being facing you reacting like that. I know I would want to run far, far away.
I am pretty sure he would have loved to do so, but as a well brought up actor, he stayed and did his duty! 😅

Reactions: 5
This makes me think about that video where Tom comes unannounced on stage at some convention next to an Asian young lady, and she loses it, starts screaming and crying and can't even look at him. On that video he seems so uncomfortable with such display of "admiration"...
It must be absolutely scary to have a human being facing you reacting like that. I know I would want to run far, far away.
I am pretty sure he would have loved to do so, but as a well brought up actor, he stayed and did his duty! 😅
I never understood that!! Truly, maybe I'm an alien or something but I distinctly remember being in my teens and being a SuPeR fAn of a boyband and did all the shenanigans that teenyboppers did back in the late 90s early 2000s.
I've went to as many concerts as I could, if my parents allowed me, I'd go and camp outside the hotel where they would be staying during the day and all that jazz....never have I ever cried or felt the need to scream at them whenever I saw them coming out of the window to wave at us or while they were signing autographs outside of the concert venue.
I would never understand the need to proclaim your love for someone from the rooftops and from the top of your lungs like that. After all, it's their job, it's what they love doing but it is their chosen profession!
I put myself in their shoes and I cannot fathom what goes through their brain when they get such an over the top token of appreciation!
Imagine if you, as an ordinary person like me, get a praise like that just by doing your work, you know, the one that you get paid for. YIKES!

Reactions: 6
Oh, my God, how embarrassing! I'd probably say "hello" and "nice to meet you." I think Tom had to do things in the past that were really embarrassing, for example, dancing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.