Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

clara131brown

VIP Member
I definitely didn’t know anything about Zawe before rumors of their relationship came out but so imagine Brits would be more familiar with her? There was an article about their relationship I think in the Sun when the broadway run started and the subway snap and some other bits and pieces here and there. I think her being so unknown helped them stay private because no one was looking out for them being together or recognizing her to take pictures for the most part. They did an incredible job of keeping themselves off the map, other stars have done it too but it’s impressive nonetheless.
If you were into modern comedy in Britain you would have probably known who she was other than that no. There's a soap actress here who strongly resembles her and she's said she's stopped if she's in London with her boyfriend with people thinking she's Zawe and asking where Tom is. There was some stories around the time of St Trinians 2 which she was in and then if you were a DW fan you'd remember her less than stellar performance in that and the chatter around it. Fresh Meat had a niche following and her co stars all fairing better than her at the time. One of them is an absolute nutcase (he's lovely) and hugged me while I was waiting for a train singing loudly. My director friend laughed and I was mortified. But everyone there knew who he was but that was because of what he went on to do. My director friend only knew Zawe because she'd done Fresh Meat with her friend. Would she be recognised if she were walking down the street on her own? Probably not.

db131

VIP Member
Heads up guys, major Dr Strange2 spoilers on twitter…some fans got invited yesterday to see the first 20 mins and someone has leaked some pretty heavy spoilers so watch out
Thanks for this- I might honestly have to stay off all social media and forums for a week because I can’t go see it until Saturday when someone can watch the baby.

Seems like it’s a pretty big spoiler for people to already be up in arms about it on twitter, I don’t think it’s like a guess what there’s an alternate universe genderbent Wanda kind of thing I think it’ll be either a major character appearance or death (pure speculation on my part).

Can I ask if people who are planning to see it right away are planning to post spoilers on here afterwards? I’m not saying people can’t I just want to know so I avoid here until I see it :)

clara131brown

VIP Member
That’s the only thing I can think of, possibly baby bump? I maybe far reaching and she’s just deleted it because she’s had enough. But it’s getting people talking.
Why delete hard work, good causes, promoting film work etc? Didn't she use IG to promote charities? An actor is only as relevant as their back catalogue and Twitter is still very much there

db131

VIP Member
Oh my god this is so crazy- the scary woman who used to post on twitter about Tom (then got suspended and moved to instagram) as if they were together, was arrested! Someone found her mugshot:

clara131brown

VIP Member
Dogs walking their humans are the same as cats ruling their humans at home :D

Anyways, I find this interesting. I know that Quantumania was originally supposed to be in February and then everything got pushed, this one six months. So it is back to the original date. But I thought Tom may be there, given Jonathan Majors is definitely there but season 2 imo won´t be ready til some spring/summer release date so not sure how they could tie them together. Unless, story-wise, it would bridge seasons 1 and 2 but at this point, I am really not holding my breath for Tom to appear in much. He apparently filmed something outside of Loki but who knows for what :) I am not too interested in The Marvels, tbh. I am not a big fan of Captain Marvel character and the jury is still out for Ms.Marvel. But I like the weird/spacey/magic stuff so I may like it. I am not going to rush to see it as soon as Strange or Thor, though.

Why do they keep pushing back Marvels? I'd heard that when they were wrapping it up they ended up doing a lot of reshoots due to performances by 2 actors not being acceptable to the Director once it was watched back. No idea who the two were. But something doesn't feel right, initial delays were obviously due to Covid but I'm sure that's its 5th new release date?

db131

VIP Member
I thought so too, as fans speculated that he had a gym in his house.
Sometimes even if you have a gym at home you might still want to go workout at a regular gym where there’s more equipment maybe? Or maybe he has a trainer who works there?

Or she was making it up, who knows 🤷‍♀️ It looks like the tweet is gone now, I wonder if she was getting bombarded by fans.

db131

VIP Member
It is a pity that he did not take the time to be there in person.
I would have loved to have seen him! He must be busy with something or have a conflict because otherwise I think he would go, he loves representing Loki.

Well people believe what they want to believe.
Fans on both sides just need to go ahead and enjoy what comes out of them.
You are definitely right, like this woman obviously needs to believe what she’s saying for whatever reason even though it’s silly. There’s no point in arguing when someone is that far gone.

I cannot wait to see the whole thing :D

He just looks so at ease! He really is talented to be able to pull off drama and comedy so convincingly.

Anyone know when the Olivier awards are happening and whether there’s any talk of Tom going? A little snippet from a host having a go at Tom at the 2019 Baftas- no wonder he always looks like he’s bracing himself when a host starts addressing him 😂😂

BlueMan

I am just guessing here, but to me it looks like the media have finally been authorised to talk about it.
I'm with you!! After three years at the BAFTAS, Tom became more affectionate with Zawe and finally held her hand on a carpet. So I think they are being more open

beveta

Chatty Member
I had no idea it was already this weekend. 2022 really flies, doesn´t it?
I think if he could, he would go to the Kids Choice....I mean, Disney/Marvel got him to the US for People´s choice so not entirely impossible (even if he would go to the Olivier awards). He managed to squeeze two events within 24 hours back then. So I guess he is already pretty busy. Loki S2 starts soon, maybe he is already in some training regime or something and also I suspect there may be some promo for TES in the works?
I would love to see him at Olivier´s, even without him presenting (after the dry few months in 2021, I will settle for red carpets photos :D ). He is a member of UK theater community so he may just go as a guest. And yes, all hosts seem eager to make fun from him being there(fortunately in good spirits), and I suspect he will have to endure a lot of "low-key" jokes for the rest of his life :D

But I don´t keep my hopes up because as pointed out, he doesn´t really have any reason to go. But then again, when did it stop him before to randomly appear anywhere? :D
In any case, the Live Red Carpet is currently being shown on you tube

clara131brown

VIP Member
There's little image stabilisation on the photos so it's likely been taken on a camera phone and I've not seen the photos anywhere else. Zawe and her friend look like they're carrying on the conversation so surely not a pap but a fan?

beveta

Chatty Member
It's a point though, why was there a wait? More important things in the entertainment news today, Tom Parker's untimely death and Bruce Willis diagnosed with a form of dementia. If the media or whoever was waiting until the Will/Chris Rock thing was over they shouldn't have there's never a good time to release news except when it's fresh.
Yes, Will Smith and Chris Rock have dominated the headlines in recent days. But the photos were taken before the oscars and today's news.

clara131brown

VIP Member
Great little article about Claire Danes mentioning Essex Serpent and Tom published in the Daily Mail tried linking it but couldn't get it to work

beveta

Chatty Member
DS2 comes out first so by the time TES begins, we will know if Tom is in it and for how long. However, the promotion for both starts early so I am curious how he is going to avoid it. Tom is pretty good in giving away everything yet say nothing at all :D
I think it is a quiet before the storm, everybody is waiting for TES promo/trailer and then there is the curious case of Marvel, where everybody denies everything.... :D

In the meantime, I finally watched Moon Knight. It felt a bit like first 15 minutes of an origin movie, which is probably what it is supposed to be :) OScar Isaac and Ethan Hawke are both excellent in everything so no complaint here. I am curious about the episodes the new Loki directors will do.
Also, I always take these numbers with a grain of salt, given Disney+ starts here officially only in June but I guess it is impressive for Moon Knight, for character not many people know, but actually says a lot about Loki (Tom´s) popularity. Also, I will be curious to see how will Renner continue in the MCU, given he was not even the main draw here apparently and also, how will Captain America 4 will be, because there is no hype at all and TFAWS was not really well received

I found the first episode of Moonlight promising and am curious to see what happens next. However, I was the same after the first episode of LOKI and was not so enthusiastic about the other episodes. The role suits Oscar Isaac, who I already liked in Star Wars.

clara131brown

VIP Member
That thread read like a complete car crash, there's also replies that were there earlier are now gone.

Has anyone read this? A nice bit of genealogy trivia on Tom.

Would be nice if he did one of the genealogy shows on tv. Liv Tyler did one and it was really interesting. But they tend not to take you unless you have someone really interesting or infamous.