Tom&El (Tommy Wilson and Ellie Wadlow)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Creating a thread for these two as I’ve recently been binge-watching them and have seen that some other Tattlers like them too.

Tom and El are a young couple from near Scarborough who vlog aspects of their lives. Their view counts are quite low but they did a Disney trip a few months ago which was quite successful and gave their subsequent videos are boost in viewership. The videos are mostly day-to-day vlogs, home decor videos, vlogs of trips or mini-breaks and hauls from shops like Primark and Home Bargains.

These aren’t usually the type of YouTubers that I watch whatsoever but there is something endearing about them. I’ve been binging a lot of their videos recently and normally I become very irritated with people after watching them so much within a short space of time but that hasn’t happened with these two – that is high praise in my book (😂).

El leads most of the content and Tommy is often a background character in his own couple channel. Prior to them starting YouTube, Tommy became something of a lockdown hit on TikTok where he currently has over 300,000 followers (but barely any views on his most recent posts). They say they started to the YouTube channel whilst on furlough with the innocent intention of just sharing their experiences to look back on etc but the Hello Fresh ads suggests there is something more to it. I personally think that El wants to be an influencer and is trying to piggyback on Tommy’s minor “fame”.

One of the things that has kept me watching is the fact that they both seem like genuinely nice people with no airs or graces. I don’t think either of them would ace an episode of Mastermind but they aren’t wilfully ignorant. They aren’t particularly worldly (she is slavishly obsessed with brands like Starbucks, Costa, Primark, B&M to a fault and he is a Disney and Harry Potter Adult) and it would be nice if they broadened their horizons. I often find that El says things like “I don’t know if this is normal, but I like X” or “I do Y - I don’t know if anybody else does” which might suggest a bit of insecurity or desperation to conform, but maybe that’s just me looking too much into it.

Their videos are very easy to watch but could probably be professionalised (there are often long and unnecessary time lapses of them doing very boring tasks like assembling a barbecue and there are shopping videos that involve minutes and minutes of footage of her and her friends sniffing candles and saying “that’s nice” ad nauseam).

Reactions: 2
Thank you for starting the thread. I find them an easy watch generally too. What I find most off-putting about El is the constant cycle of hauls and clear-outs. Literally every month she does massive hauls from Primark, Shein and the like then the next vlog is her clearing out her wardrobe. Most of the clothes she throws out still have their tags on them. I know I'm an old fart but it seems incredibly wasteful.

That said, they do seem like genuinely nice people but whose personalities are somewhat limited by living very sheltered, privileged lives. But this makes for very easy, unchallenging viewing which is frankly exactly what I crave after a challenging day!

Reactions: 5
Thank you for starting the thread. I find them an easy watch generally too. What I find most off-putting about El is the constant cycle of hauls and clear-outs. Literally every month she does massive hauls from Primark, Shein and the like then the next vlog is her clearing out her wardrobe. Most of the clothes she throws out still have their tags on them. I know I'm an old fart but it seems incredibly wasteful.

That said, they do seem like genuinely nice people but whose personalities are somewhat limited by living very sheltered, privileged lives. But this makes for very easy, unchallenging viewing which is frankly exactly what I crave after a challenging day!
No, you’re completely right ER - spending money like there’s no tomorrow seems to be a massive part of their channel. There never seems to be much consideration about the price of all the crap they (well, let’s be honest, she) gets either.

They’ve not posted anything on YouTube for ages - wonder what’s going on? 🤔

Reactions: 1
They’ve not posted anything on YouTube for ages - wonder what’s going on? 🤔
Yes, this intrigues me too. As the first post said, you get the impression El is desperate to become an influencer. She'd built up a fair head of steam doing really well with their trip to WDW and then following through with decent content when they got back. Doing everything you'd expect a growing channel to do. Then absolute silence at arguably one of the most important times of year in terms of advertising.

It's all very odd. Most vloggers who took a Christmas break are back now. Where are Tom & El?!

They posted on YouTube that their next video will be uploaded on Sunday

I think they both need to up their game on other social media channels if they want to be successful. Their Instagrams are quite dry.

They posted on YouTube that their next video will be uploaded on Sunday

I think they both need to up their game on other social media channels if they want to be successful. Their Instagrams are quite dry.
They're a lovely couple but they're neither bright nor funny so their content is always going to be beige.

They're both nice but dim so the vlogs were enjoyable and refreshing at first but everything was "literally" the best even though it was just a burger so it got a bit grating after a while ha.

Tom is hot so I'll probably watch if they do another one ;)

They're both nice but dim so the vlogs were enjoyable and refreshing at first but everything was "literally" the best even though it was just a burger so it got a bit grating after a while ha.

Tom is hot so I'll probably watch if they do another one ;)
You're not wrong 😉 and when he's in his work gear 🥵🤣 I'm old enough to be his mother (just) so shouldn't be thinking like that ha ha. I can't watch his TikToks though, so cringe 😳

They come across as if they're playing house, quite successfully too, they seem to know what they're doing and have a fun and active life (unlike another youtube couple of the same age) I enjoy watching them, it's nice to see a young couple so happy 😊

They’re back.

A really tedious bit at the start of the video about how they had to stop recording last month because of something personal that was going on. Apparently they don’t feel ready to share it now but that’s not to say they won’t in the future. She said they’ve had messages asking if they’d split up but “nothing could be further from the truth” and that they have been stronger than ever recently.

I feel like they’re not big enough of a channel to be this enigmatic? Had they said “we needed a break” or “our camera broke”, none of us would have questioned it but now I’m very curious.

I wonder if one of them was made redundant from their job or something? Surely if it was a bereavement they’d just say? Can’t think of what else it could be.

I don’t consume much “couple channel” content but is it normal for these channels to be almost exclusively based on one person in the relationship? They may as well rename the channel “Ellie Wadlow”.

They’re back.

A really tedious bit at the start of the video about how they had to stop recording last month because of something personal that was going on. Apparently they don’t feel ready to share it now but that’s not to say they won’t in the future. She said they’ve had messages asking if they’d split up but “nothing could be further from the truth” and that they have been stronger than ever recently.

I feel like they’re not big enough of a channel to be this enigmatic? Had they said “we needed a break” or “our camera broke”, none of us would have questioned it but now I’m very curious.

I wonder if one of them was made redundant from their job or something? Surely if it was a bereavement they’d just say? Can’t think of what else it could be.

I don’t consume much “couple channel” content but is it normal for these channels to be almost exclusively based on one person in the relationship? They may as well rename the channel “Ellie Wadlow”.
Did they say it wasn't something that happened to them 🤔? I may have misheard though

Did they say it wasn't something that happened to them 🤔? I may have misheard though
She says “it was nothing to do with us” straight after talking about how strong they are as a couple and that they’re not splitting up.

I think she means “us” as in “our relationship” not “us” as in “us as individuals”? Very confusing.

Anyone watch Matt and Jade? They literally did a video just before he left her saying ‘we’ve never been stronger’, so I never believe that spiel, and I also think it’s a stupid thing to say.
Don’t think it is anything like that- probs change of job!

She says “it was nothing to do with us” straight after talking about how strong they are as a couple and that they’re not splitting up.

I think she means “us” as in “our relationship” not “us” as in “us as individuals”? Very confusing.
Ah OK you may be right I don't think it's Tom's job though cus he still posts TikToks in his work gear

My only other thought was that maybe someone close to them had a pretty nasty health diagnosis.

It feels a bit crude to speculate but the comments at the start of that video almost invited this kind of thinking. They should have either glossed over it and made out of the break was just an extended Christmas rest or laid all the cards on the table.

Horrible to say but my thought was a possible miscarriage?
Oh dear. I hadn’t thought of this. I hope it’s not that.

There’s been a few videos post-break now and she is starting to annoy me slightly (I would say “they” but Tom is never in the videos so it may as well be a one man band at this point).

She just spends an almighty amount of money on stuff she doesn’t need. Forever buying random trinkets for the kitchen at B&M or generic pieces of clothes from Primark. I binged a few of her hauls recently and she bought some form of travel coffee cup/water bottle in ever single video. There’s always a wafer-thin justification for the stuff she gets too like “I thought this might come in handy” or “You HAVE to have one of these at Christmas!”

They would honestly save thousands of pounds a year if they just bought the essentials with the occasional treat, rather than having random shopping sprees multiple times a month.

Reactions: 3
Oh dear. I hadn’t thought of this. I hope it’s not that.

There’s been a few videos post-break now and she is starting to annoy me slightly (I would say “they” but Tom is never in the videos so it may as well be a one man band at this point).

She just spends an almighty amount of money on stuff she doesn’t need. Forever buying random trinkets for the kitchen at B&M or generic pieces of clothes from Primark. I binged a few of her hauls recently and she bought some form of travel coffee cup/water bottle in ever single video. There’s always a wafer-thin justification for the stuff she gets too like “I thought this might come in handy” or “You HAVE to have one of these at Christmas!”

They would honestly save thousands of pounds a year if they just bought the essentials with the occasional treat, rather than having random shopping sprees multiple times a month.
I genuinely think a lot of influencers take the stuff back after they've done their video

Reactions: 3
I genuinely think a lot of influencers take the stuff back after they've done their video
Possibly but she does a massive wardrobe clearout every other month or so.

I have to say I don't get the impression money is much of a concern for them, they spend pretty freely.