Toddler advice thread #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2 year old has started saying "OOO IS IT?!"
Every time she hears the front door open or someone knock 😂

Amazes me that she could only say 2 or 3 words at 18 months but now she says all sorts!

She's currently banging the xylophone saying "Good tune" 😂
Aww bless her!! They are funny aren’t they! Mine goes what’s that really loud when he points at things

Mine woke me up at 515 saying wake up right in my face. In September he wasn’t talking a great deal so it actually makes me smile when he wakes me up talking 🥹🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Got mini A from nursery and I’ve never seen a more dirty sweaty child 🤣🤣 her play suit was filthy and her hair is all minging from being in a sun hat🤮

also I’m soooo excited to use our merlin pass more! I’ve just booked to go to Church Farm down south the first week of September the weekend schools go back! Going to do Chessington and Legoland Windsor then on the Friday we have to check out of Haven, go to London (stay about 30 min away from central in a hotel) and do Shreks Adventure and Sea life centre 🥲 I can’t wait.. I love London and can’t wait to take her on a big adventure

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Got mini A from nursery and I’ve never seen a more dirty sweaty child 🤣🤣 her play suit was filthy and her hair is all minging from being in a sun hat🤮

also I’m soooo excited to use our merlin pass more! I’ve just booked to go to Church Farm down south the first week of September the weekend schools go back! Going to do Chessington and Legoland Windsor then on the Friday we have to check out of Haven, go to London (stay about 30 min away from central in a hotel) and do Shreks Adventure and Sea life centre 🥲 I can’t wait.. I love London and can’t wait to take her on a big adventure
Ah, we’ve been there a few times. Last time we went the police turned up to a caravan 2 down from us and nicked the people 😂
Church Farm to chessington is a bit of a trek though?! Make sure you leave about 2 hrs before you need to be there!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ah, we’ve been there a few times. Last time we went the police turned up to a caravan 2 down from us and nicked the people 😂
Church Farm to chessington is a bit of a trek though?! Make sure you leave about 2 hrs before you need to be there!
It’s cheaper than staying at a hotel near there and going during the week so atleast haven can be out base and I don’t have to keep unpacking etc! Google says church farm to chessington is 1 hour 22 so during the week hopefully do it in 1 hour 30 if we set off to get there for opening!

Omg……… I’ve never been 😂😭 is it rough?

Reactions: 1
It’s cheaper than staying at a hotel near there and going during the week so atleast haven can be out base and I don’t have to keep unpacking etc! Google says church farm to chessington is 1 hour 22 so during the week hopefully do it in 1 hour 30 if we set off to get there for opening!

Omg……… I’ve never been 😂😭 is it rough?
One of the nicer ones, but we won’t go back. When we last went, we paid a lot but they cared more about the caravan owners than renters. We couldn’t even get a seat in the evening bit, but that was 2021 and covid was kind of around. You should be fine in Sept though

One of the nicer ones, but we won’t go back. When we last went, we paid a lot but they cared more about the caravan owners than renters. We couldn’t even get a seat in the evening bit, but that was 2021 and covid was kind of around. You should be fine in Sept though
We’ve gone haven hideaway rather than haven, we did haven (with entertainment etc) in April and she was exhausted at night, didn’t even make the entertainment at night but the weather was abit icky during the day so the indoor entertainment was ok when it was raining and swimming but in summer we don’t need it.

Although - we are going Primrose Valley for a second time next month and we’ve got Haven cos I got a good deal, but I’m not that bothered about the night time. She was the same on hol last month, asleep before 7pm every night cos she was shattered! I’m glad tho cos I’m tired too, it’s hard work for a week on my own sometimes I’m so tired by 8pm😂

We use Haven more of a base cos it’s cheaper than hotels and it’s got everything we need for cooking even tho we eat out for 2 teas! I don’t care about cooking it’s just easier than dealing with a fussy child🤣

Which other havens have you been too? We’ve done: Golden Sands, Primrose, Hafan, Devon Cliffs, Presthaven. We are doing Primrose again next month then Church Farm! I do love a Haven hol, they’re fab for the price.

We’ve gone haven hideaway rather than haven, we did haven (with entertainment etc) in April and she was exhausted at night, didn’t even make the entertainment at night but the weather was abit icky during the day so the indoor entertainment was ok when it was raining and swimming but in summer we don’t need it.

Although - we are going Primrose Valley for a second time next month and we’ve got Haven cos I got a good deal, but I’m not that bothered about the night time. She was the same on hol last month, asleep before 7pm every night cos she was shattered! I’m glad tho cos I’m tired too, it’s hard work for a week on my own sometimes I’m so tired by 8pm😂

We use Haven more of a base cos it’s cheaper than hotels and it’s got everything we need for cooking even tho we eat out for 2 teas! I don’t care about cooking it’s just easier than dealing with a fussy child🤣

Which other havens have you been too? We’ve done: Golden Sands, Primrose, Hafan, Devon Cliffs, Presthaven. We are doing Primrose again next month then Church Farm! I do love a Haven hol, they’re fab for the price.
We've been to all of them near Primrose.
Blue Dolphin we stayed at last week which is about a mile up the road.
I don't like primrose as its so big!
Thornwick is just up the road from Primrose too and so is Reighton sands. Thornwick is a newish Haven so it's lovely! Although a bit smaller.
I always find primrose is more expensive than the others too!
We've just booked Thornwick for next year!

We've been to all of them near Primrose.
Blue Dolphin we stayed at last week which is about a mile up the road.
I don't like primrose as its so big!
Thornwick is just up the road from Primrose too and so is Reighton sands. Thornwick is a newish Haven so it's lovely! Although a bit smaller.
I always find primrose is more expensive than the others too!
We've just booked Thornwick for next year!
Oooh I’ll have a look at them. I’d originally booked Reighton sands for September but wanted to do chessington etc with her so changed it and it’s only cost me £20 for admin fee, the holiday was same price! We booked Weymouth Bay for 10 nights next July, £725 for 10 nights (Full haven) and a week after I’d looked it shot up to £1100 for the same dates🫠 (I booked it in March!!) We go on the 5th of July which I don’t think is even school hols..!

Oooh I’ll have a look at them. I’d originally booked Reighton sands for September but wanted to do chessington etc with her so changed it and it’s only cost me £20 for admin fee, the holiday was same price! We booked Weymouth Bay for 10 nights next July, £725 for 10 nights (Full haven) and a week after I’d looked it shot up to £1100 for the same dates🫠 (I booked it in March!!) We go on the 5th of July which I don’t think is even school hols..!
It's crazy the price difference.
We looked at next year, it's £850 for may half term, but only £400 for the week before!

Ah, that’s fair enough. I love doing the evening , and was gutted we couldn’t do it. Kids love it. Haven’t done any other havens. Done Park last year, and that was ok
I’m a sucker for any caravan holiday though and would love to own one when I’m old and grey (although I’m half way there with the grey hair 😭)

Ah, that’s fair enough. I love doing the evening , and was gutted we couldn’t do it. Kids love it. Haven’t done any other havens. Done Park last year, and that was ok
I’m a sucker for any caravan holiday though and would love to own one when I’m old and grey (although I’m half way there with the grey hair 😭)
I wish she wanted to do it but I’m so tired anyway I don’t think I’d stay awake 😂 I was looking at doing the NC500 in Scotland but it’s either hire a camper-van (I don’t trust myself driving a campervan LOL) or take the car and camp, or hire hotels which is pricy 😒 this is instead of going away abroad in May for 10 nights.. it’s just so expensive. I don’t wanna go in the uk really as if it pisses it down it’ll be a waste

My 3 year old is coming home from nursery with new freckles every day in weird places like inside her ear or on her top lip, I cover her in factor 50 before drop off and they’re adamant they reapply mid morning and use sun hats, but surely if that was true I wouldn’t have a kid becoming a dot to dot puzzle? Is this normal??

Ok so a bit of a daft question but it’s genuinely stressing me out! We are moving our little one to a nursery closer to home - how do I tell his current nursery?! I want him to finish in 2 weeks. I keep opening my emails but don’t know what to title it. I’m so pathetic 🙈

Ok so a bit of a daft question but it’s genuinely stressing me out! We are moving our little one to a nursery closer to home - how do I tell his current nursery?! I want him to finish in 2 weeks. I keep opening my emails but don’t know what to title it. I’m so pathetic 🙈
Just tell them that. But make sure they don’t have in their contract or whatever that you have to give a month or 2 notice

My 3 year old is coming home from nursery with new freckles every day in weird places like inside her ear or on her top lip, I cover her in factor 50 before drop off and they’re adamant they reapply mid morning and use sun hats, but surely if that was true I wouldn’t have a kid becoming a dot to dot puzzle? Is this normal??
I’m nearly 30, wear minimum factor 30 everyday in summer (and factor 50 on my face all year round) and mostly stay in the shade but I still end up with new freckles most weeks, I think some people are just more inclined to get them! When I was a kid I had a few but I just get more every summer, regardless of suncream etc 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve always thought it was normal but if anyone gives you any advice for your toddler I might follow it for myself 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.