Toddler advice thread #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she hates the shower head that’s even worse. I use a cup and tell her to put her head up but she just screams, it’s dreadful. I’m washing her hair daily now it’s summer and I try and do it soon as she gets in the bath. She just hates any water going on her face but then she’s happy to play on holiday with water going on her face😂 drama queen
You really don’t need to wash her hair that much at all. Not only would it cut out a lot of your hassle, but it’s not good for her hair.

Reactions: 2
Also a once a week hair washer here as my daughter screams like I’m murdering her when I wash her hair and it’s just too traumatic for both of us to do it any more often 😭 I do have a spray bottle (type that hairdressers use and sometimes use that in between to tame it, she doesn’t mind that too much as it’s a fine mist. She’s just starting to put her toes in the shower when I’m in but nowhere near actually getting a shower yet.

My next door neighbour has scared me because her 6 year old daughter still hates getting her hair washed 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Mine also doesn’t like having his hair washed. He shouts. But I just have the towel ready to dry his eyes straight away and hes fine
I don’t think I know any child that doesn’t like having their hair washed 🤣. They’re probably all having us on
---
Also a once a week hair washer here as my daughter screams like I’m murdering her when I wash her hair and it’s just too traumatic for both of us to do it any more often 😭 I do have a spray bottle (type that hairdressers use and sometimes use that in between to tame it, she doesn’t mind that too much as it’s a fine mist. She’s just starting to put her toes in the shower when I’m in but nowhere near actually getting a shower yet.

My next door neighbour has scared me because her 6 year old daughter still hates getting her hair washed 😳
Mine doesn’t like the shower but lets me wash his feet with the hose pipe when he’s been in the garden. How do you work that out 😂😂

• Haha

My 5 year old hates it.
10 year old isn't great either 😂
As soon as a bit of water gets in his eye it's MY EYESSS I NEED A TOWELLL HELP 🤣
My partner was apparently exactly the same and his mum would wash his hair with him laying on the kitchen counter with his head over the sink until he was about 12 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My 5 year old hates it.
10 year old isn't great either 😂
As soon as a bit of water gets in his eye it's MY EYESSS I NEED A TOWELLL HELP 🤣
My partner was apparently exactly the same and his mum would wash his hair with him laying on the kitchen counter with his head over the sink until he was about 12 🤣
Jesus his mum sounds very nice. And patient 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I just wash mine as quick as poss and do it first so it’s out the way and quickly rub his eyes.

The spray bottle is such a good idea! I’ve no idea how kids logic works. She shouts “I’m going blind, I can’t see” 😂 even with goggles on!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
We only wash hair once a week with ours. 3 out of 4 aren’t bothered at all. The other one wails like a banshee. And it’s not the littlest one either 🤣

• Heart
We’re another once a week hair wash household here. I have however taught my daughter how to lie back and tip her head under the water (with my arm underneath her) which completed got rid of all banshee screaming because now “I’m a mermaid mummy”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I’m so glad I am out of the stage of washing a girls hair. Would feel like I was performing an exorcism

• Haha
3DDB77B9-3EC3-4016-BE66-BC83444ECB72.jpeg

This is absolutely what my daughter has chosen today. She ended up in our bed and kicked me most of the night so we’ve already done 6 on this list and it’s not even 7am yet. Pray for me please, going to be a lonnnnnnnng day 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
We’re another once a week hair wash household here. I have however taught my daughter how to lie back and tip her head under the water (with my arm underneath her) which completed got rid of all banshee screaming because now “I’m a mermaid mummy”
My partner thought of this and it’s really worked. She loves mermaids too so definitely helps! Also only wash once a week which is a nightmare for curly hair. We comb with a detangler spray before she gets in the bath. She hates having her hair brushed in there even with half a bottle of conditioner on.

When my daughter had her pre school jabs the nurse said she might lose her appetite and it’s nice not being asked for a snack every minute of the day 😅

Last night she insisted nanny does bath and bedtime (nanny is here until Tuesday) and I should feel glad for the break but why do I feel rejected 😂

• Haha
When my daughter had her pre school jabs the nurse said she might lose her appetite and it’s nice not being asked for a snack every minute of the day 😅

Last night she insisted nanny does bath and bedtime (nanny is here until Tuesday) and I should feel glad for the break but why do I feel rejected 😂
I have had to top up my snack drawer THREE times this week thanks to half term and 3 children who live by aldi snacks

• Haha
I have had to top up my snack drawer THREE times this week thanks to half term and 3 children who live by aldi snacks
Oooo what snacks. I got those cuthbert roller biscuits they’re SO good. Mine is always hungry. I am glad he’s back at nursery tomorrow where he will be getting his dinner 😂
I got Aldi mini milks this morning and he LOVES them

Oooo what snacks. I got those cuthbert roller biscuits they’re SO good. Mine is always hungry. I am glad he’s back at nursery tomorrow where he will be getting his dinner 😂
I got Aldi mini milks this morning and he LOVES them
YES! Those biscuits and the unicorn ones. They are obsessed with any biscuit with the slightest bit of chocolate. They also love the milkshake bars. Honestly, spend my life in aldi haha

• Haha
YES! Those biscuits and the unicorn ones. They are obsessed with any biscuit with the slightest bit of chocolate. They also love the milkshake bars. Honestly, spend my life in aldi haha
Hahaha you can’t beat it. I think I have every ice lolly they do in my freezer. I’ve got the unicorn biscuits as well and the groovy ones 😂😂😂
Mine is obsessed with the dino cereal as well

• Haha
My 2 year old has started lying back and pretending to be a mermaid.
I've also devised an idea for washing her hair because before she HATED it.
She has her little jug and I tell her to catch the bubbles coming from her hair. She's obsessed with bubbles in the bath so it kinda works and distracts her!

2 year old has started saying "OOO IS IT?!"
Every time she hears the front door open or someone knock 😂

Amazes me that she could only say 2 or 3 words at 18 months but now she says all sorts!

She's currently banging the xylophone saying "Good tune" 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.