Toddler Advice Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I genuinely didn’t think mini A would be potty trained until next summer😂 but I just went with it. She’s done soooo well today. She goes to her potty when she needs a wee, and when I was upstairs to make the beds she brought the potty to me to show me she had done a poo, she was shouting “MUMMY I DID IT”😂😂😂😂😌 thanks hun x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I genuinely didn’t think mini A would be potty trained until next summer😂 but I just went with it. She’s done soooo well today. She goes to her potty when she needs a wee, and when I was upstairs to make the beds she brought the potty to me to show me she had done a poo, she was shouting “MUMMY I DID IT”😂😂😂😂😌 thanks hun x
I’m so pleased for you & her. Sounds like she’s doing amazing with it!!!!

Thanks that makes me feel much better 💖. It’s so hard not to worry but there’s no point forcing it is there
He’ll get there when he’s ready. Remember every child is different so don’t worry when children who are younger have managed it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry I’m now stressing about nursery tomorrow and Tuesday and her potty training. She won’t tell me she needs a wee, she will just go and do it and then tell me but at nursery she obviously can’t be half bottom naked and a potty next to her. Will they just keep taking her every half an hour or so? I’m really anxious over it and I’m not sending any nappies cos that’s going backwards.. they’re an amazing nursery and they’ve done this 1000000s of times 😂 but I’m still stressing!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sorry I’m now stressing about nursery tomorrow and Tuesday and her potty training. She won’t tell me she needs a wee, she will just go and do it and then tell me but at nursery she obviously can’t be half bottom naked and a potty next to her. Will they just keep taking her every half an hour or so? I’m really anxious over it and I’m not sending any nappies cos that’s going backwards.. they’re an amazing nursery and they’ve done this 1000000s of times 😂 but I’m still stressing!
At my nursery I have heard them ask a few kids if they need a wee and they do keep an eye on the newly potty trained. Can you explain to her if she needs a wee she needs to tell them?? I’m sure they’d support you whatever you decide. Just maybe get there 5 mins early and explain your worries?

They will be well practised and remember that she might be different with them than with you, she might develop her own method with them!
Just expect a lot more accidents at first but I'm sure she'll pick it up there quickly, she sounds like she's doing brilliantly! How old is she? How is get communication?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
They will be well practised and remember that she might be different with them than with you, she might develop her own method with them!
Just expect a lot more accidents at first but I'm sure she'll pick it up there quickly, she sounds like she's doing brilliantly! How old is she? How is get communication?
She’s nearly 3. Her communication is great but she never tells me when she needs a wee, if I ask her she says no. If I put her on the potty randomly she knows what to do and sits there and see if she needs to do a wee, if I’m not in the room say upstairs or in the kitchen she will show me if she’s done a wee. I’m just worried cos at nursery she can’t just go and she won’t tell them she needs a wee even if I ask her too.. she will just wee in her pants. This is my worry. She’s really grasped what to do over the last 1.5 days so I don’t think going back to nappies is the right thing x

She’s nearly 3. Her communication is great but she never tells me when she needs a wee, if I ask her she says no. If I put her on the potty randomly she knows what to do and sits there and see if she needs to do a wee, if I’m not in the room say upstairs or in the kitchen she will show me if she’s done a wee. I’m just worried cos at nursery she can’t just go and she won’t tell them she needs a wee even if I ask her too.. she will just wee in her pants. This is my worry. She’s really grasped what to do over the last 1.5 days so I don’t think going back to nappies is the right thing x
The thing is she needs to learn she has to ask, and sometimes the only way they get to grips with that is by first having lots of accidents & making the connection themselves. Don’t worry! Just loads of spare clothes. My boy shat himself about 3 times on his first potty training day at nursery, then the next day not a single accident!

The thing is she needs to learn she has to ask, and sometimes the only way they get to grips with that is by first having lots of accidents & making the connection themselves. Don’t worry! Just loads of spare clothes. My boy shat himself about 3 times on his first potty training day at nursery, then the next day not a single accident!
Thank you, this is reassuring xxxx💖 she’s done amazing at home! She’s only wee’d on the sofa twice but she’s been majorly distracted😂 she has made me so proud x

Thank you, this is reassuring xxxx💖 she’s done amazing at home! She’s only wee’d on the sofa twice but she’s been majorly distracted😂 she has made me so proud x
They’re so used to it! We sent about five sets of spare bottoms and they ended up putting him in a pull up because he went through them all. Didn’t ruin anything, and since then he’s had very very few accidents!

They’re so used to it! We sent about five sets of spare bottoms and they ended up putting him in a pull up because he went through them all. Didn’t ruin anything, and since then he’s had very very few accidents!
I don’t want her to go back to pull ups (she’s worn them since she was 1 year old cos easier to get on and off😂) .. I’ve sent her nursery a message anyway and I’ll tell them tomorrow. I’ve told her she needs to tell them when she wants a wee but I don’t think she will🤣🤣 eeeeek excited to see how she gets on!! Thanks everyone x

I don’t want her to go back to pull ups (she’s worn them since she was 1 year old cos easier to get on and off😂) .. I’ve sent her nursery a message anyway and I’ll tell them tomorrow. I’ve told her she needs to tell them when she wants a wee but I don’t think she will🤣🤣 eeeeek excited to see how she gets on!! Thanks everyone x
She might !!! But sometimes they have to get wet don’t they to realise? I’m sure she’ll be fine. Even kids who are potty trained for a while sometimes have accidents😘. I have faith in her she’ll do you proud !&

Been saying for weeks we will do the cot to bed transition at half term so if the nights go bad it doesn't matter as my partner will be off work... well the time is now here and I really don't want to 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Been saying for weeks we will do the cot to bed transition at half term so if the nights go bad it doesn't matter as my partner will be off work... well the time is now here and I really don't want to 😬
Same. So much upheaval lately and I just can’t face it lol even Christmas seems too soon.

• Heart
If it helps, my daughter and son have both gone straight in, no problems 😊

I was dreading it both times!

Reactions: 6
We had no issues, our eldest took to it really quickly.
How old is your little one?

Can I ask why you’re worried?

My daughter went from cot - cot bed to single bed with no issues. I just made a big deal out of it being her big girl bed and the fact the bed rail went up and down 😂xx

@WhatABore hows your girl doing xx

We also did this this year with no issue whatsoever. Was worried as we did it not long before our second baby was born but he was totally fine! Got some special sheets (Thomas) and we haven’t had any trouble of him not staying in bed mainly because he’s in a sleeping bag still. Gradually have introduced just blankets for his nap as that’s what he had at daycare anyway, and still no getting out of bed so far 🤞🏼

How old are these toddlers going into beds?!
My son was 2 yrs 2 months, earlier than would have liked but I was pregnant and struggling to lift him

Edited to add it was his cot converted to a bed, not sure if that made the transition easier or not

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.