Today I Learned… #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the thinking-it’s-Friday-but-it’s-actually-Thursday people: I once spent the majority of a year thinking (and telling people) I was a year younger than I was (not intentionally). It wasn’t until my sister happened to overhear me sharing my age with someone and informing me that I was actually a year older 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
For the thinking-it’s-Friday-but-it’s-actually-Thursday people: I once spent the majority of a year thinking (and telling people) I was a year younger than I was (not intentionally). It wasn’t until my sister happened to overhear me sharing my age with someone and informing me that I was actually a year older 😂
my mum spent the whole of last year thinking she was a year older than she was. She was so surprised when it was her birthday and she realised she was turning the age she already thought she was 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've been saying tesco wrong all my life apparently I'm saying tes"goes" instead of tescos

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My internet was working.
Then it wasn't for a bit.
Now it's working again.

It's all been a bit of a dizzying whirlwind thus far tbh.

Freeview TV channels are transmitted from transmitters within the UK and the signals are picked up by our rooftop aerials. You cannot watch Freeview channels abroad (Spain, France, Italy etc) ...unlike Sky channels which are available worldwide. Your aerial may pick up Irish television channels but only if you live in the West Coast of Scotland.
Screenshot_20240204_004132_Chrome.jpg

Freeview TV channels are transmitted from transmitters within the UK and the signals are picked up by our rooftop aerials. You cannot watch Freeview channels abroad (Spain, France, Italy etc) ...unlike Sky channels which are available worldwide. Your aerial may pick up Irish television channels but only if you live in the West Coast of Scotland.
View attachment 2734498
You can watch the main UK channels abroad with a freesat reciever, if that’s what you’re looking to do.

Children of identical twins are siblings not cousins genetically. As the daughter of an identical twin this had fascinated me.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Children of identical twins are siblings not cousins genetically. As the daughter of an identical twin this had fascinated me.
I think I mentioned this before but I have some double cousins in my family (a set of fraternal twins married a brother and sister). I was reading something similar to you that the family’s kids share the same amount of dna as half siblings

Reactions: 2
I think I mentioned this before but I have some double cousins in my family (a set of fraternal twins married a brother and sister). I was reading something similar to you that the family’s kids share the same amount of dna as half siblings
It’s so interesting. My Nan had 2 sets of twins too which is something like a million to one. My dad and my uncle are identical and then I have another aunt/uncle - obvs not identical.

It’s so interesting. My Nan had 2 sets of twins too which is something like a million to one. My dad and my uncle are identical and then I have another aunt/uncle - obvs not identical.
My grandma had 3 but they were all fraternal as that’s what runs in families. Having fraternal and identical must be very rate!

That forgetting about someone who’s hurt you is possible, by not having contact for at least 2 weeks & to fill up your thoughts everyday with other people such as other close friends, saying hi to old friends who I’ve not had contact in months or years or even people you see on the street coz they matter more than this 1 particular person. It just worked for me and I feel so much at peace

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The best actors and actresses act with their faces as well as their words, like Travis Fimmel as Ragnar in Vikings, Cillian Murphy as Tommy Shelby in Peaky Blinders, Claire Foy in the Crown, powerful performances without the need for speech. The silences are powerful. I've only recently noticed that.

Having experienced this, I looked online and it's true. It's cheaper to send parcels online with royal mail than in the post office.

My new (not cheap either) waterproof trousers aren't very waterproof.
Maybe they work for incontinence. I'll try weeing in them if I remember later on.

• Haha
What are they made of? You may be able to reproof them
They're new and DWR coating sadly.
They coped well for around 15 minutes before "wetting out". They'll be suitable for drizzle.
I need to get a new pair of 20 000 mm rated/gore tex.
Credit where credits due they are very quick drying though!
---
I've got about 3 litres of Nikwax reproofer/ Goretex wash in/out.
We drink that stuff up my way!

Last edited: