Today I Learned… #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you’re not super computer savvy and are downloading files from random websites (most people won’t unless you are pirating stuff) one thing I’d recommend is this website

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/

You can upload files and links to it and it can detect malware.

The TIL comes from the fact that if you are downloading a zip file, just because the folder is marked as having no malware, doesn’t mean it’s safe. When I unzipped it I scanned one of the files and that contained malware.

I was trying to download an old version of a sims mod ffs. Imagine the stress over something so stupid. Didn’t open the files and sent them straight to the bin, then deleted them from there and my computer says it’s fine.

Reactions: 3
If someone is having difficult climbing a wall, they’ll say something like, ‘this wall doesn’t have perches.’ They’re not saying “purchase.” 🙈
Surely most people would be saying purchase? Purchase means firm contact or grip.

Reactions: 5
I can get free air in my tires at my local tire shop. They come out and fill them all for you. Gas station charges $2 and you have to do it all yourself.

Redheads need at least 20% more anaesthetic
I read this before.
Because people with red hair have a gene mutation or something.
Rather than it just being a gene for red hair.

Pretty sure they supposedly have a higher pain threshold too.

Reactions: 1
What, ever? So it could essentially be a free bookshop!?
I'm not sure as I was in a rush, she just said oh,we don't charge for late books anymore. Maybe it's a new thing as last year I got emails from them when my books were due back but this time nothing 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I read this before.
Because people with red hair have a gene mutation or something.
Rather than it just being a gene for red hair.

Pretty sure they supposedly have a higher pain threshold too.
Not sure about the higher pain threshold. First (and last!) time I got my eyebrows threaded, it hurt like a mofo 😵💫😵💫😭🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It's Thursday and not Friday like I anticipated. Which leads to the next assertion.
Wishes don't come true,

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Husband has informed me that it's kiss a ginger day today.

He is a total wet blanket when ill so I was interested to read the pain threshold comments above!.

• Haha
What, ever? So it could essentially be a free bookshop!?
I work for a library service, if it's the same as us we don't charge late fines, but after a certain period of time the book will be considered lost and you have to pay the full repurchase price.

Reactions: 4
I've learned (to my chagrin) that if you think it's Friday when it's a Thursday then it becomes a Friday like it should have been yesterday then the end of the week feeling is cheapened somehow.
A bitter pill to swallow.