Tk Maxx - worthy of the hype or influencer tat?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you find that some of the RRP prices are rubbish? I bought 2 bottles of handwash,same brand just different scents. One said the RRP was £74 and the other said the RRP was 6.99. It makes me think they put them on so it makes you feel youre getting an amazing bargain.
I think the Channel 4 programme Supershoppers did a bit about how the RRP prices on things in stores like TK Maxx are often not quite true.

Reactions: 5
I don't like TK Maxx at all. The store is generally disorganized, it stresses me out. Half the stuff they sell look straight out of the early '00s. They certainly inflate their prices.

The only decent section is the home décor one with all those "art" pieces from India etc... The rest is literally rubbish.

From a lot of the comments here I feel like I must live by one of the best TK Maxx stores that there is. It’s relatively new but it’s well organised, tidy and plenty of decent bargains to be had. I definitely don’t think I’d love it so much if it was like some of your local stores!

Reactions: 1
I love Tk Maxx, I’ve got some amazing Ralph Lauren bargains in their as of late and it’s been cheaper than the Ralph Lauren outlet in some cases! Some stuff is tit but my store is well organised and I always find at least one thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I am in Canada so we have Marshalls, Winners and Homesense which are similar. Love them all.
My favourite candle brands from there are: DW candles, sand and fog, makers of wax goods and Treo Los Angeles.

They've really upped their game recently in terms of beauty products.... Jo Malone, Nars, MAC, Origins, Dr Jart, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Kate Somerville, Gucci, Guess, YSL, Marc Jacobs are all brands I find weekly there.

They have been getting a lot of Zara clothing in too.

Also brilliant for pet stuff, i.e. dog beds.

• Heart
I am in Canada so we have Marshalls, Winners and Homesense which are similar. Love them all.
My favourite candle brands from there are: DW candles, sand and fog, makers of wax goods and Treo Los Angeles.

They've really upped their game recently in terms of beauty products.... Jo Malone, Nars, MAC, Origins, Dr Jart, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Kate Somerville, Gucci, Guess, YSL, Marc Jacobs are all brands I find weekly there.

They have been getting a lot of Zara clothing in too.

Also brilliant for pet stuff, i.e. dog beds.
I’m jealous of those beauty brands !! We have a Marshall’s where I live in the US. I’ve spotted Zadig & Voltaire, Lucky, and Zara. I get Living Proof, Dry Bar, and Amika hair products for a steal 🧡 One of my favorite sweaters was from a brand made for Marshall’s. It got a nice compliment from an artist 😄 We have HomeGoods and it’s so much fun going there to sift for kitschy artsy, quirky things.

I really like TK maxx, you have to keep an eye out but you can find some really great things. I love the shoe section, have gotten some Guess ballet flats, MissKG loafers, they're pretty & affordable, makes me feel fancy 😺 I also like to check the bag section, I've gotten Steve Maden bags. Also they usually have some Kbeauty products and always have lots of sheet masks.
Recently I got a Santas elf jumper for my cat, she looks so adorable in it 😸

Reactions: 2
Over the years I’ve bought lamps, pans, a globe, schoolbag, shapewear, shampoo & conditioner, massive pump dispensers of lovely hand wash. A Ralph Lauren blouse, a blazer, winter coats and high thread count bedding. I like it.

Reactions: 3
I went the other day & I bought some KBeauty foot peeling masks. They're the ones that make the skin on your feet peel off 🦶 It's an Xmas gift for my sister, she gonna love it! 😸
I also got some eyelashes which were only €3.99 but I've seen them in Boots for over €10, so I'm delighted! 😺

I went the other day & I bought some KBeauty foot peeling masks. They're the ones that make the skin on your feet peel off 🦶 It's an Xmas gift for my sister, she gonna love it! 😸
I also got some eyelashes which were only €3.99 but I've seen them in Boots for over €10, so I'm delighted! 😺
Ooh those masks sound good how much were they?

Ooh those masks sound good how much were they?
It was €12.99 and inside is the foot peeling mask, a hand mask that is supposed to nourish & a foot & leg mask which is supposed to be good for circulation.
I had seen on the website there was a foot peeling mask by itself and I can't remember the price but it was cheaper then this one. I couldn't find it in store though so when I found this one I thought it would be good cos I really wanted to get her the foot peeling mask and sure the others are bonus extras.

A few years ago my sister had an offer from TKMaxx to sell something she was producing. The price they were offering her was less than the item cost to manufacture. Well, my sis has a lot of contacts and asked one who supplied TKMaxx how they did it. Their answer was that the items sold through them were actually lower quality than the lines sold elsewhere, even though superficially they looked the same.
I haven’t bought from TKMaxx since I found this out. It’s an illusion that you’re getting the same items for a much lower price - they aren’t the bargains they pretend to be.

• Heart
A few years ago my sister had an offer from TKMaxx to sell something she was producing. The price they were offering her was less than the item cost to manufacture. Well, my sis has a lot of contacts and asked one who supplied TKMaxx how they did it. Their answer was that the items sold through them were actually lower quality than the lines sold elsewhere, even though superficially they looked the same.
I haven’t bought from TKMaxx since I found this out. It’s an illusion that you’re getting the same items for a much lower price - they aren’t the bargains they pretend to be.
One of the high street white goods suppliers does this, they will be the only company selling a particular model number, so you can’t do a price comparison

I believe some designers, I know DKNY does, have clothes specifically made to be sold in TK Maxx. I usually avoid adults clothing in there as I can find it too tedious to rifle through. My local store is quite small and gets very crowded and messy.

I've had some brilliant deals. I like the red stickered home ware and found a beautiful medium sized mirror with absolutely nothing wrong with it, down to £3 from £89. (The sale price and not the RRP which true to TK Maxx style was considerably alot higher).

I like the kitchen ware, as there is often brilliant deals on high end stuff. The beauty and skin care is decent too. Make up is hit and miss. Alot of it looks on the turn and from one off brands I've never heard of but there are some real good deals. I've got Bare Minerals make up for next to nothing! Baby section is OK too.

Food I tend to avoid. I just feel a certain way about it in there.