Tk Maxx - worthy of the hype or influencer tat?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Inspired by the awful influencer trend of decorating for autumn.

Is it just a place to buy that much needed “hello pumpkin” sign post,

Or have you ever found a real reduced price designer bargain in there?
What’s been your best tk maxx purchase?

Reactions: 4
I've never bought homeware or anything like that from TKMaxx, only ever clothing.

I've found some nice bits, a really nice pair of boots once. But I don't generally think it's spectacular, especially on price. But that could just be because I have to REALLY like something to spend bigger amounts on clothing.

I think the homeware is kinda expensive generally. And nothing particularly special more often than not.

I always find amazing deals in the men’s section (very handy for Christmas presents😂) but nothing in the women’s!

Some of its tack but you can get some bargains. They sell a lot of Le Creuset items really cheap and I once bought a Ralph Lauren handbag for £100.

Reactions: 8
I got some dr marten boots for £25 a few years back. Exact same ones were on the dr marten site for £150. Other than that… our stores always a mess and it’s so difficult to find things so I usually avoid 🤣

Reactions: 3
Great for skiwear but nothing else anymore. Used to be able to pick up decent bras but gave up a few years ago on that as it became a bit rubbish

Reactions: 2
Love the maxx! All hail 🙌 🦀
(Inside joke for members of the tk maxx gallery of horrors group.)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love TK Maxx i get bargains online all the time !!!

My most recent bargains have been a Lacoste polo dress for £30 and a Hunter parka for £99 which was £300 everywhere else 💃🏼

Reactions: 5
It was great when it first opened (like 25 years ago) with genuine designer bargains, but I think thesedays there's a lot of tat made just for the stores and some of the clothing is clearly stuff that didn't get shifted in the sales. I still visit on a regular basis though!

Reactions: 14
I love TK Maxx for my sons clothes. Got some nice Nike trackies from there but that’s all I like about it really . Don’t mention Tk Max to my Mum though, she’s obsessed. I went in there with her once and we were in there for a good hour. I get her gift cards for there for Christmas and birthdays and she literally can’t get on the website quick enough

I think it can definitely be very hit and miss, depending on store. Some stores get better stock than others.

Gold Label obviously doesn't tend to appear in all stores, but even that can be hit and miss.

I love TK Max - I really want to go for a mooch later on in the week. I find their clothing hit and miss but their homeware/ornamental type stuff really nice!

I buy Le Creuset from TK Maxx. Right now they are selling a rectangle oven dish for £12.99 that is £50 everywhere else. I have never looked at the clothing in there.

I wanted a pair of Chipie trainers in the mid 90s. In about 2000 , I got a silver pair from Tk maxx.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I like browsing their make-up / beauty section and often get the odd skincare purchase. Same with candles.

I never look at the clothes or shoes but iv bought candles, wine glasses, soaps, mugs, chopping boards and birthday cards from there. I love home sense which I think? is the same company.