Tk Maxx - worthy of the hype or influencer tat?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought a bunch of niche perfumes from TKMaxx back when L'Artisan Parfumeur and Annick Goutal had a rebrand and most were on clearance at £12 for 100ml bottles. Very good!

I also like to pick up their fancy wrapped soaps. I've found gorgeous Claus Porto and Nesti Dante soaps in there.

Oh, and I also found a Timberland rucksack. I waited until it was on clearance for either £12 or £15. Great quality and I use it often.

You just have to be aware of the amount of "cabbage" in their stores and expiry dates of toiletries.

Reactions: 4
I bought a bunch of niche perfumes from TKMaxx back when L'Artisan Parfumeur and Annick Goutal had a rebrand and most were on clearance at £12 for 100ml bottles. Very good!

I also like to pick up their fancy wrapped soaps. I've found gorgeous Claus Porto and Nesti Dante soaps in there.

Oh, and I also found a Timberland rucksack. I waited until it was on clearance for either £12 or £15. Great quality and I use it often.

You just have to be aware of the amount of "cabbage" in their stores and expiry dates of toiletries.
Some of their soaps are good for stocking fillers.

Never have any joy with clothes but the men’s clothes seem much better. I have bought two Matt and Nat bags from there before which I loved. I also really rate the candles, I love the huge DW ones that are 12.99. They did an amazing fir one last Christmas that smelt exactly like a Christmas tree and not pine toilet cleaner. They also do good homeware bits and I really like the cards and wrapping paper, really well priced and good quality.

Reactions: 3
I tend to buy my handbags from there and I really like the candles. I dont particularly like the clothes as I cant be arsed sorting through stuff.

Reactions: 1
I tend to buy skincare and haircare from there, I can’t be arsed to look through the women’s clothing but i like looking at the pet stuff too

Reactions: 2
Guess like anywhere, some things can be nice and some you can get much cheaper somewhere else. I also find there are differences between different tk max shops, some are much better stocked and tidy than others.
Things I like/have bought from there:
- cutlery
- candles
- socks! Fancy brand socks for decent price
- I got some Tommy hilfiger trainers that I really like for £25
- coffee/sugar free syrups
- sports bras

I love tk maxx! It’s not as good as it used to be, but my fave part is I’m quite petite so buy lots of designer kids wear, fave purchase was a Ralph Lauren jumper I paid £38 for last year saw the adult version in Bicester village and it was £200! Oh and the Calvin Klein underwear is always super cheap

I've found that TK Maxx's vary wildly depending on which store you visit. Some look like a jumble sale and some there's decent deals. I barely go now though because of the bad ones

Do you find that some of the RRP prices are rubbish? I bought 2 bottles of handwash,same brand just different scents. One said the RRP was £74 and the other said the RRP was 6.99. It makes me think they put them on so it makes you feel youre getting an amazing bargain.

Reactions: 6
I got some stunning Alaia heels from my local TK Maxx - had to return them because they were too small, gutted!

• Wow
I’ve never bought anything from the food section. It’s always panettone, posh salt and weird coffee syrups in mine 😂

Reactions: 4
I've found some interesting stuff there: D and G, Gucci makeup bag, a club monaco skirt for 6 pounds (they usually go for 200), You have to hunt for bargains but I think it can be worth it.

My favourite shop! Live within walking distance to one so pop in every other day 🤣

Love the home section, bought quite a few Le Cresuet dishes which have lasted years so had no issues being lesser quality

Agree some bits are made specially for ‘outlet’ with some clothing bits you can usually tell

I’ve bought DKNY hoodies, FCUK coats, Under Armour leggings in past with no issues

• Heart
I can’t stand TK Maxx. Everything is all over the place. It’s like one huge jumble sale and nothing looks neat or cared for.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve always found their wrapping paper to be superb quality!
It’s sooo thick and wraps like a dream

Feel like a official adult writing that 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I always get stressed if clothes shopping there but there homeware section is always pretty decent. Found a gorgeous jewellery box one year.

I recently bought a Becca concealer for £3.99 from TK Maxx and have seen some other premium beauty brand in there lately.

I think I've only been in there when away and I've forgotten some clothes. Only been in there as its the closest shop.