Titanic tourism Titan submersible incident #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not clear from the coverage if the knocking was identical at 30 min intervals. A human wouldn't be able to accurately replicate the noise surely. There would be milliseconds difference between the bangs or they might be slightly louder or quieter especially if they were stressed. It's either them or it's some kind of marine equipment that does the same thing every 30 minutes 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
The original reports mentioned knocks being heard

Of course, we also know that the Navy “heard” something implode and that info wasn’t shared to the coast guard (or so we assume?)

I remember there being a bunch of discussion that the ocean is actually very loud and there’s constant noises too, so it could be as simple as the wreckage shifting

Reactions: 12
30 minutes between knocks is a very long time if it was meant to be done purposely to alert people they are in trouble.

Reactions: 20
I thought they heard a loud bang about 45 mins after they had gone under so assumed this was the implode. I wonder when the knocking was. I am fascinated by this story still.

Reactions: 14
I like to think they all died instantly and had no idea what happened. The thought that for even a couple of seconds, they knew what was coming, let alone days is too much to comprehend. It makes me feel so panicky.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Their families must feel so many emotions. My heart goes out to them all. The thought of what may have happened down there is unbearable

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Friend of a friend was one of the PAs for the Pakistani father, and all the stories about the son being scared to go on the sub weren’t true apparently.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Friend of a friend was one of the PAs for the Pakistani father, and all the stories about the son being scared to go on the sub weren’t true apparently.
That seemed like a tale from a bonkers aunt who wasn’t really close to them, it was put to bed when the family spoke out, especially he loved doing Rubix cubes. He took one with him, to film himself for a world record of doing it at the greatest depth or something. He was actually really excited it seems.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
There’s a documentary on Channel 5 at 9 tonight about it, not sure if it’s been on before or if there’ll be anything we don’t know though.

Reactions: 7
Hi :) not sure if I've commented here before but I'm 10 minutes into the channel 5 doc. Seeing Stockton talk & seeing the sub is eerie as hell

Reactions: 6
Wow when they played the audio of the banging sounds at the end of tonight's programme was really chilling to hear

Hi :) not sure if I've commented here before but I'm 10 minutes into the channel 5 doc. Seeing Stockton talk & seeing the sub is eerie as hell
The mention of death 4 times on page one of the agreement and then being bolted into this tiny vessel and dropped 2.5 miles into the ocean .. I know we’ve all said it before but how could anyone want to do that!!? Terrifying!

Reactions: 22
Just watching the documentary now on catch up. Feeling so claustrophobic just sitting here. Can’t even wrap my head around it, so tragic.

Even though we think we know what happened and speaking about it. It's so strange yet again even seeing the tiny size of the sub & how deep. still can't comprehend how quick implosion Etc was. Let's see what part 2 says

Reactions: 5
Is the documentary worth a watch or is it shite
Shite, just a bargain basement C5 cobble together of old footage, stretched out with Dan Walker giving amazing insights like “it was unbelievable” and Vanessa Feltz going “can you imagine?”.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Shame they only had 10 minutes at the end of the programme explaining why and how the tradegy happened it needed more time to explain what has happened to oceangate since and if anybody is ever going to be held accountable

Shame they only had 10 minutes at the end of the programme explaining why and how the tradegy happened it needed more time to explain what has happened to oceangate since and if anybody is ever going to be held accountable
Plus they made no mention of potential issues communicated from Titan to the Polar Prince before the communication was lost.

Reactions: 5
The mention of death 4 times on page one of the agreement and then being bolted into this tiny vessel and dropped 2.5 miles into the ocean .. I know we’ve all said it before but how could anyone want to do that!!? Terrifying!
I wouldn't have got in that thing if they had paid me all that money to do it!