Time - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen The Night Of? Was on Netflix a while back. Only watched 2 episodes of Time now but I can see where Orla is going and it reminds me of the main character in The Night Of☹

Reactions: 2
Has anyone seen The Night Of? Was on Netflix a while back. Only watched 2 episodes of Time now but I can see where Orla is going and it reminds me of the main character in The Night Of☹
Yeah it was brilliant and was actually based on a UK drama called Criminal Justice

I liked season 2 although I don't think it was quite as good as the first season. The performances were good although I found Orla quite unsympathetic, just me?
Also (putting this in a spoiler in case anyone hasn't finished episode 3)
Did anyone else find it a bit odd that Abi was given a life sentence? Yes she killed her baby but from the flashback it was very clear she was suffering from PPD and struggling with motherhood. It's awful but there were clearly mitigating circumstances, she didn't kill her baby in cold blood, I don't think in the UK we would realistically give a mother a life sentence for that crime - often they'd be sentenced to go to a secure mental health facility rather than a general population prison?

Reactions: 8
I only watched the first episode last night, might have to watch the others too! Very gritty and thought provoking. Some disturbing scenes that I couldn’t get out of my head. Also - would someone with a first offence seemingly tame in comparison to the others, be locked up with murderers? Genuine question- I thought she would be in somewhere less high security.
Also agree about Abi and Bella👏🏾 and that Tanya was a real piece of work!
Female prison don’t have security categories like male prisons, so yes you could get someone who hasn’t paid their TV licence on a wing with Rose West.
---
I liked season 2 although I don't think it was quite as good as the first season. The performances were good although I found Orla quite unsympathetic, just me?
Did anyone else find it a bit odd that Abi was given a life sentence? Yes she killed her baby but from the flashback it was very clear she was suffering from PPD and struggling with motherhood. It's awful but there were clearly mitigating circumstances, she didn't kill her baby in cold blood, I don't think in the UK we would realistically give a mother a life sentence for that crime - often they'd be sentenced to go to a secure mental health facility rather than a general population prison?
I agree it wasn’t as good as the first series. This series had a few what felt like inaccuracies, this being one of them.

I took it that she saw it as her punishment to go to prison. She didn’t tell anyone not even her husband about her PND or why she did it and so they obviously just assumed it was murder? But I feel after her confession to the Nun she would have become more open and appealed her conviction and had it squashed due to PND like some other real life cases?

Oh my - what a 2nd season! As others have said, I also cried (in fact sobbed like a baby!) during the 2nd and 3rd episodes. The actors were so real and raw, it really felt like I was being allowed to watch a real prison. I thought the first season was excellent but never thought this season could match it. I had not seen Bella Ramsey before (except when she was interviewed on Graham Norton's Show recently) but she is a fabulous actress. It was so heart breaking when Daniel was taken from her - that choked me up the most and I'm not even a mother!

Reactions: 5
I agree that it seems unrealistic, as I’m sure that even if Abi didn’t admit that she was suffering from PND, if a crime such as hers occurred she would undergo some kind of psychological assessment?

Saying that, I viewed Abi and Orla bottling everything up and just burying their heads, really true to real life. Motherhood is often so isolating and seeing Abi struggle as they had moved for her husbands job and seeing Orla trying to keep things normal for her kids on the morning of her trial, was heartbreaking for me as I think in that situation I could see how easily it could happen (hiding of problems that is). I think it showed quite well that for women it’s not just a sentence for them-but how it affects their dependents too-the story one of them told in the group about how her son wasn’t hers anymore.

Reactions: 6
I've just started episode 3 and I'm just in awe of Bella Ramsey, the birth scene had me sobbing!! What a great actress

Reactions: 6
Unpopular opinion but,
I've just finished season 2, I found it abit meh, cracking actress Bella Ramsay, the first season was so much better and intense.

Reactions: 4
Unpopular opinion but,
I've just finished season 2, I found it abit meh, cracking actress Bella Ramsay, the first season was so much better and intense.
I thought it was good but all too nicely wrapped up at the end!

Reactions: 4
I loved this. I finished season 2 yesterday and then watched season 1 today. So moving. Brilliantly captures how the system can ruin you as well. I think season 1 was the better of the two, but they were both top notch. I cried buckets for the women.

for those mentioning The Night Of, that was also superb. Again demonstrating how a sequence of events, can just take over and destroy you.

• Heart
Just finished it. Way too cheesy and soppy. Actually a bit annoyed at the ending.

Reactions: 3
Oh my - what a 2nd season! As others have said, I also cried (in fact sobbed like a baby!) during the 2nd and 3rd episodes. The actors were so real and raw, it really felt like I was being allowed to watch a real prison. I thought the first season was excellent but never thought this season could match it. I had not seen Bella Ramsey before (except when she was interviewed on Graham Norton's Show recently) but she is a fabulous actress. It was so heart breaking when Daniel was taken from her - that choked me up the most and I'm not even a mother!
I love both series. I am going to now re-watch the first with my husband as I think he will like it too- we love Stephen Graham too.
The bit that got me the most was when Orla went to visit her Mum….

Outstanding cast for both series, really great writing too.

Did anyone else feel like the series should have been longer though? Both series were so short I felt