Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Par2009

Unrelated but I really think the world would be a better place if the “professions” of influencers/estate agents disappeared. Once upon a time estate agents would help you find a property to suit your needs and market your house for you. In my experience now it’s all about commission and slick salespeople. Most of them don’t have a clue what they are doing and can’t tell a boiler apart from a sink. I’ve known people to be treated abysmally who were employed by estate agent companies as well. Estate agents don’t actually make a product or provide any substantial service (doesn’t take much skill to show a nice house off to viewers). like influencers, pretty much leaching. I cannot wait until these types of industries start to die out... I don’t know about NI but in England, certain fees that Property management companies charged were abolished, there’s a movement towards stricter regulation, and ive seen more and more house sales go through companies such as Purple Bricks. Given the housing crisis in parts of the U.K. (alongside COVID) I imagine there will be big changes coming to the housing market that will eventually trickle down to NI.

I’ve started following ethical “influencers” now as well. The whole diet culture that was prevalent on social media was really damaging when I had a poor relationship with food a few years ago. I’d feel guilty for only doing a 5K run instead of longer, I’d feel guilty for eating more than 1000cals and so on... I’d use these type Of girls as “inspiration” when I was too naive to know better. I’m so careful about who I follow to avoid toxic influencers. I follow a lot of recovery accounts now instead - so much more positive. Given how poor the support and services for eating disorders is in NI comparable to the rest of the U.K., it makes that type of social media content all the more damaging. At one point I think the life expectancy for those with eating disorders was 10 years(!) lower in NI than in England/Wales, which I think is one of the reasons I really can’t stand to see that type of content normalised, revered, and given products to promote. Nothing is more important than being physically and mentally healthy.

I don’t get the appeal of rugby players either... a friend of mine worked at a professional rugby club, she said no matter how perfect or beautiful their families/wives/girlfriends were, they ALL cheated. Shortly after she mentioned that, the whole rugby WhatsApp text thing came out in court and I can’t fathom how any self respecting woman would want to associate with anything like that. There is zero excuse for speaking about women in that way. Being the subject of locker room sneers would be mortifying for me. Aside from some muscles and money, I don’t really understand the appeal.

Reactions: 14

Eyerolling

VIP Member
That fact the she replied that her friend came to her house to do her nails, and thinks that that is ok and a justification, shows how stupid she is, how selfish she is and how much she doesn’t care are out anyone but herself

FYI TIFF - FRIENDS AREN’T SUPPOSED TO BE AT YOUR HOUSE NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON, BUT ESPECIALLY NOT FOR SOMETHING AS TRIVIAL AS YOUR NAILS

PrincessBaskin

I havent actually passed comment on TB's insta up until now because contrary to the popular opinion, I havent actually minded her content. Some of it I actually liked. The beautiful style, the home projects, the holidays and glam events to name a few things.
The thing that I genuinely cannot comprehend and was very shocked by once I had read he entire thread, wasnt the dubai drama or the failed body bible partnership, it was that a girl in her shoes with a beautiful home, highly successful job (I dont even think she deserves the grief she gets over it being her dads business, theres nothing wrong with that), nice holidays, a close-ish knit family and lovely things would actually invest so much time, energy and focus into this page, trying to control the content and people's opinions. Why would she make time for this? Sure what other people think doesnt matter?
I agree that it was right to call out some unsavoury stuff (calling herself *that name* when she had no tan, liking transphobic memes etc) but that's not all what has been said on this. Trust fund tiff- bit harsh. She works for her dads business and seems to do well at it for the most of it and she does come across as hard working so why would that be a problem? The selling gifted stuff on depop, I personally wouldnt take offence to. Flouting lockdown, yeah I'm not a fan of that.
Hopefully a reflection period will do a world of good. Not just a "what do I post to insta" thing but more broadly speaking.
CM.... I have no idea what any of that is about but I totally agree. It's a PR disaster. Why would you basically post "I'm so upset my friend has been getting abuse on this website" and then names it. Basically redirecting folk to read what's on it. Does she think everyone is going to read it and just blindly agree with her? 4hours sleep? Why?

What I’m getting from this is that TB wanted to have an affair, plagiarise, body shame and be ableist, transphobic and bullying without ever addressing it and without ever being called out....

She’s realised she can’t have her cake and eat it and cries troll. I’ve read this whole thread and while some things are a bit mean, most of it is just shock and surprise about things that she’s literally done or said (with receipts). The more people who come to tattle after her tantrum will be able to read what’s really been going on.

I wonder if Cathy m saw what TB wrote about her on her influencer watch ni insta account would she be defending her.

Cynic123

Ridiculous, of course she knows where to get a f**king bike, all the bike shops in Belfast have been open throughout lockdown (Dave Kane, McConvey Cycles etc). They have no shame. Well paid jobs and they can’t sort themselves out, instead they have to hawk for freebies, cringeworthy 🤦🏻‍♀️

Mag83

Probably someone from BTWshiels his last company perhaps
I have put my investigative hat on and looked at all the directors in company check and narrowed it down to two, based on that they were still at BTW Sheills when the affair happened and they're above the birth year 1969. The rest are all below that, if it was one of them....that's a 20+ yr age gap lol (All speculative obviously)

Also, if Tiffany is reading this - no I have nothing better to do with my time today. I'm usually working from home but had today booked off. Now I'm away to the garden to enjoy the sun!lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Well I really feel for you and your sad pathetic life. Maybe go get a real hobby instead of slandering people online. Trust me. It’ll be good for you. XO
This and the way it’s written, sounds exactly like Tiffany herself 😳

“Slander” is making a FALSE SPOKEN statement damaging to a person's reputation ... nothing “false” or “spoken” is happening here. Only discussion of topics already in the public domain; put out there by said person to boost her “public persona”.

We can comment and discuss these topics freely. That’s how a forum like this works.

Making threats to “out” people on this forum for complaining to BPerfect about you, by publishing their Instagram name is actually harassment ... a criminal offence. Let that sink in.

Last edited:
  • Haha

forthemasses85

Does she realise the irony of putting #gifted label alongside a #supportlocal one? If you really want to support local, spend money with them not take their gifted clothes! They ain’t gonna be able to pay their rates with five #gifted tags from TB.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Par2009

I'm surprised they responded! I imagine they'll just ask her to be careful in future.

The trouble with Tiffany Brien and others like her, is that she's really selling (and living) a lie. It's like sinister marketing techniques but unregulated.

she's a salesperson by profession, and her dad is clearly a savvy salesman too. Salespeople can be great at business but often aren't very good people. She's conditioned to sell a fantasy by virtue of her profession - market properties as perfect and gloss over the less appealing parts. Everything with her is about appearances. She compulsively presents the perfect family life, the perfect body, the perfect boyfriend, the perfect home. Her whole "brand" is based on being the person that makes everyone else feel crap while she hides the negatives. Her whole existence is "Look at how wonderful and amazing I am". it's toxic.

Not only is it unethical, but its harmful. Instagram doesn't have to be about total realism but there is a fine line when you'repackaging yourself up for likes and freebies. The worst part is, in her pretending to be happy this way, she's deluding other people into thinking you'll be happy if you go after the shallow things she does. Shes pretending her fitness and working out is why her body looks the way it does- but for anyone who has experience of eating disorders, its extremely obvious she has some sort of disordered eating and isn't being honest.

I really hope people start to see through "influencers" like her. There's so much more to life than nice dresses, rugby boyfriends and going for facials. I'm starting to see girls talk about mental health in more realistic terms and discussing more honestly their relationship with their bodies, food and mental health. It's trendy to be socially conscious and environmentally conscious now - the type of fast fashion lifestyle Tiffany endorses with a focus on "clean" eating is something people are moving away from.

People who come from huge privilege but pretend they haven't, also massively annoys me. As someone from a working class background who has struggled through university and worked up a career ladder; it's frustrating to see her pretend that she worked her way into her job fairly, just like anyone else. Being the coffee girl is irrelevant, her dad was hardly ever going to turn her job application down without any feedback, was he?

Likewise, doing up her house as though it's some huge achievement -not many people have the luxury of moving back to their parents mansion for several months. And I don't know if/how much financial assistance she got from her family for a deposit - but I'll wager she didn't do it totally alone and I'll wager shes not on the same salary as her colleagues. Plus it's a lot easier to save for a deposit and pay for beauty treatments every day when your parents live in a mansion, as opposed to having a box room in a cramped terrace house.

Ellie's letter from 2017 was harsh and brutal... but it wasn't entirely unfair.

• Heart

DevaVictrix

Chatty Member
Tiffany needs recommendations of places which stocks bikes for lover boy..... i dont know try phoning various shops asking if they have any in stock for his height (like any normal person would!?) instead of asking social media for recommendations- obviously in the hope they will get one gifted for Mr Rugby Boy!! She did a big sponsored cycle last year so I'm pretty sure she knows of more than few good reputable bike suppliers in northern ireland. So transparent it is sickening! 🙄
All these insta ones turn me, looking for ‘recommendations’ 🙄 go onto google like the rest of us. And pay for things like the rest of us. Honestly irritates me so much. I make a mental note of the companies that gift things to these insta idiots. I refuse to ever give them business!

Mumontherun1990

Cathy Martin is only losing the plot as her little cash cow tiffy can't do any sponsored posts and make her £££. Otherwise she wouldn't give a toss. It's so obvious. Cathy only cares about her little minions as they make her money. I know another ni blogger was approached by Cathy Martin to represent her and she turned it down. Cathy has pretty much stopped her from getting any work in NI since. Also disgusting how she carried on over Steven clements. His poor family I thought that was absolutely vile and incredibly insensitive

Pra09

I’ve watched Cathy Martins video and it struck me as really, really bizarre as others have mentioned here.
what I mean by that is, if you turned off the audio and watched the video - you’d think she was discussing something pretty upbeat and positive.

the video is in a sunny garden - she even refers to the sun. She laughs during points in the video and she is smiling throughout.

IMO, Cathys body language does not align at all to the message she is trying to convey.

in addition, I find it odd that - her friend has come off Instagram as a result of comments made about her on a forum, but she insists she is happy. Cathy’s reaction is to broadcast it more than TB has, to go on a rant which places CM at the centre of it all (“I’ve been up since 3am”).

I also find it bizarre that Cathy has tried to get momentum going for people to post online about how much people love Tiffany... her approach isn’t to tell Tiffany to focus on the people who know her in real life but instead it’s “oh don’t worry there are lots of people online who DO like you” because that’s what matters most in Cathys world, right? Having an adoring audience online?

if Tiffany takes anything away from this debacle I hope it’s to really reassess the people who claim to be her friend. What sort of person calls another person a “nobody”? Just because someone hasn’t got 10k followers doesn’t mean they aren’t loved, that they don’t contribute to society etc etc.

I also would really question how authentic Cathys concern is in this situation... we may be commenting on TB online but at least we aren’t faking concern, causing further embarrassment and pretending to be her friend.

Mag83

This all makes for very interesting reading.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume that 95%+ of you don’t know TB personally, or have had no real interaction with her, and assume that some of you know her very well indeed, in which case I have to question if you’re actually posing as her friend.

I’ve spent some time with TB (not a lot, but some), probably much more than most of you, and I have to say the posts I read here are shocking with regards to the assumptions and misconceptions.

Regardless of what anyone else can say, whether they know her personally or not, she is one of the hardest workers I’ve met. I’d love to know how many of you get up in the morning, go to the gym, go to work, go back to the gym, perform her vlogging obligations, sleep, and repeat 5 days per week. I’m going to go right out on a limb again and say not many.

Of course, you can state that she ‘only works for her father’ etc etc. This is true, however, employees only really exist to make money for their employer, and if she makes enough money to justify her salary, or beyond that, adds significant financial value to her father’s business, surely that’s really all that matters.

NI is small, and I’m sure we all know people who work for their parents, or potentially even people who are born wealthy and don’t actually have to work and still enjoy an extravagant lifestyle. Surely it’s naive to think that this wouldn’t happen?

We can all speculate about the affair rumours, but safe to say with the various theories mentioned so far, no one here actually knows. Furthermore, always remember that are at least two sides to every story.

Finally, to the member who claimed she wasn’t an athlete, unless you’ve won a few national titles in an olympic sport, you’re probably not in a position to compare?
Christ you must have serious delusions on what hard working is, my hours during this lockdown have been 7am to usually 7pm at night, that’s if I’m lucky to get my handover finished on time. It was a real treat when I got to work from home for a few days during this all, I’m sure tiff is barely doing that.My sister and partner are working the same/more hours. Without giving much away we’re obviously on the ward. Please don’t say that Tiffany Brien is one of the hardest workers you know, and if she is I suggest broadening your aquaintenaces list. I genuinely feel sorry for you if you think going to the gym and doing a 9-5 is hard work. The gym is a treat for me not part of my ‘working day’. As with most people who aren’t privileged.

As I stated on here the other day she doesn’t annoy me the most on Instagram and also I agree somewhat with a few things you’ve said but you’ve just made the void after stated she’s the hardest working person you know for going to work for 8 hours and visiting the gym twice - please let that sink in how crazy you are saying that 😂. In the middle of a pandemic when we’re in working desperate hours and Tiffany is at home with her captive boyfriend. You could’ve actually altered our opinion if you know her but instead you’ve definitely ignited the fire here and showed you’re clearly on her wavelength as you both don’t know the meaning of a hard days work lol

She doesnt mention the chore of getting home to slave over dinner.... An ungifted one.... 🤣🤣🤣 cleaning housework... suppose at the min shes been round everyone elses house anyway no work to do hey she has it hard 🤣

Did a comment disapear? About how butter balls is a he? And not daddy hes too young... angel face save yourself

No just back a page... 🙃
unnerving that he thought to add in he was younger than her dad? What was that all about?😂😂

• Heart
GG has posted now that shes seen who the trolls were and some in her circle... and shes going to delete them...
Talk about hitting the self destruct button ladies! I would say 80- 90% of people on this thread are just readers, no accounts no comments. CM has admitted herself to doing this, but now she’s declaring if you visit this site and read what’s going on you’re as bad as a troll or bully. Give me a break! Talk about scaremongering, intimidation and threatening behaviour - all tactical traits of a dictator - she expects people to blindly follow and support her, if you don’t,she’ll expose, punish and oust you with no real evidence.

So she’s never read a gossip magazine, a gossip website, a forum, sat round discussing people with her mates, yeah, I think not!

Anyone whose been “culled”, take it as a blessing in disguise and don’t be intimidated by her. She’s a ‘fierce friend’...she’s an evil and dangerous person!

Bgr101

VIP Member
looks like a bit of a puff piece, no real writing in it it just reports what Tiffany and Rebecca Maguire (I’m not sure who that is) have written.

it does seem like someone has requested they report on it so they’ve done an obligatory tiny piece, it offers no opinion and not much writing has gone into it. Maybe they’ll explore the story in more detail at a later date.
The last thing people care about at the minute is some nobody estate agent leaving instagram. People are fighting for survival at the minute. They all need to get a grip!

• Heart

forthemasses85

No surprise that Tiffy has deleted this story?!??

Absolutely unreal. Someone has politely made a valid comment about a very difficult issue and her reply is “bore off”. How does she get away with this? Someone will still send her a free garden too. Wants the perks of having a following of 65k but none of the responsibility.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Ok who called it... there’s the newspaper interview on how TB quit Instagram because of bullies. Sunday life today
When do you think we can expect John Toner from BT who wrote the article to come on here and note the real issues people were actually trying to make TB accountable for, not to mention the tirade CM has been been on for the past 24 hours. I'm going to say never, because they are all looking out for themselves and protecting their dictatorships.

Anyone looking for a business idea? I think we need a trust pilot for social media influencers - if you comment on their posts, they delete it, if you send them a DM they tell you to bore off and block you, if you email them directly, they ignore you and if you come on here and talk about your dissatisfaction with their actions you're a hater or bully.

They want to act like a business, reap all the rewards and take no responsibilty. Sorry but there are actual respectable businesses and influencers out there that follow moral codes and invest in their brand to make sure they do the right things. But thats not where the money & *gifted (sorry can you still see that gifted or did I not hide it enough?) items are at.

• Heart
I have myself in a wrinkle here just thinking how my other half would react if I proposed that we 1. Go for a swim in the sea in Holywood (where our dog does his dirties) 2. Take a fucking video 3. Post it online (with accompanying shite music) and last but not least 4. Tragically tag us as ‘besties’ (bear in mind they’ve been dating for the same amount of time I’ve been waiting between bikini waxes). Needless to say I’d be very much single.

• Haha