Tier 3 Instamums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is the worst! Had to unfollow when she posted about locking her son in the toilet to potty train him. As it was ‘the only way’. Absolutely horrific. Endless stories of her children crying and her shouting at them. It’s very clear she prefers her daughter over her twin boys also. Lazy and miserable 24/7!
My friend messaged her and she ‘outed’ her to all her followers and my friend got so many messages agreeing with her saying they wish they had said the same thing! She deactivated her account after for a while. But my god, the state of those poor children it’s shocking!! Feel very sorry for Louie, clearly not looked after properly.

I just think it's so naive for anyone, literally anyone, famous or not - to put a public social media profile out into the world and not think that someone, somewhere, is going to have a negative opinion of it and therefore voice that. It happens, it will always happen, critique is not bullying.
I bet some of the mums commenting on her posts would be the first to roll their eyes if they saw her dressed like that in the street. I couldn't give a crap how she dresses. But, people will react if you rock up in sequins to the school run and a cape. Of course they will! Lucy you know that... likewise you know the shock value of what you've called your kids. Just own it and ignore what you want to ignore, because humans are curious and not a hive mind and do talk about other humans. Make your choices and own them.

Reactions: 7
The amount of mums I've seen bad mouthing this forum last couple of days ? I'm pretty sure they agree with a lot of it but would never want to say in fear of being pushed out the cliques!

And they all want to be seen as women supporting women ? bore off!

Reactions: 6
Bad press is good press for them. They love this as it is something that jo blogs can get behind and enjoy. Instead of them constantly showing off their expensive shoes etc

Reactions: 3
Mumsnet would cave when the Insta Mum threads were reported and delete when someone stamped their foot.

I love that this forum has teeth and doesn’t give a duck ?

Reactions: 9
Mumsnet would cave when the Insta Mum threads were reported and delete when someone stamped their foot.

I love that this forum has teeth and doesn’t give a duck ?
100%! If they don’t like it, they can choose not to put their lives out there for public consumption. Mumsnet is v hypocritical; they’d let a thousand threads calling on Theresa May to be murdered in her bed run, but lose their tit if someone says an instamum is a bellend.

Alice wants some of the follower gains to be made from these forums, it seems.

Reactions: 1
Any one of you on here judging and commenting on the way other women live their lives and raise their children, need to give your heads a wobble... unless their children are being neglected or are in danger in anyway it shouldn’t even enter your mind to judge them.. and btw if you do think there is a serious concern your should be ringing the relevant authority’s not posting it on an anonymous online forum. Jealousy is the only word that springs to mind and I hope the next time your in the supermarket and your child is having an inevitable melt down, another mother comes up to you and tells you what an awfull job your doing just because you behind a screen doesn’t make what you are all saying any different!
Oh do duck off. We’re not flogging our childrens’ private lives for the sake of a free box of snacks.

I’m sure alice’s Kids will be ever so thankful she shared the ins and outs of their potty training with thousands of strangers. Give your own head a bleeping wobble you bellend.

Reactions: 10
Mahab if you don’t like what’s written here, you don’t have to read it .

Perhaps you should tell your mama mates on insta to wobble their heads and not use their children for the Insta likes and gushing they clearly crave.

Reactions: 7
Late to the party but Alice and the twins is bloody awful. She is so lucky to have the house that she has and yet still she complains ALL. THE. TIME. when she posts another story about her feral kids beating each other up or misbehaving she just embarrassed herself. The kids need discipline. Also she treats her boyfriend like a bloody builder and is always complaining about what he hasn’t done. She’s terrible. Also.

Ok....self-confessed lurker here and never actually commented on the forum...but anyone else fed up with the new insta-obsession with period talk? I'm not squeamish, I'm certainly no prude - but honestly, TMI. I really don't need to know about NSSM coming on before her romantic (AD-gifted) mini-break or the results of her poll on to-shag or not-to-shag during your period; MOD getting caught out by a heavy flow at work (pleasant for patients and colleagues to know, eh?) or CT "missing PMT" (really?) Maybe they're just all desperate for new, engaging content since having their knuckles rapped (finally) over said #ad-gifted regulations. Or maybe I'm just a cynical mum of teens who would literally disown me for oversharing on social media (to that end, I think the insta-mum fraternity could learn a lot from socially-savvy, teens....)

Reactions: 4
There seems to be a trend of the 6th formers all talking about the same thing. Mod posts about a subject, her minions follow. Coincidence? It seems desperate and have they not got anything else to discuss?

Ok....self-confessed lurker here and never actually commented on the forum...but anyone else fed up with the new insta-obsession with period talk? I'm not squeamish, I'm certainly no prude - but honestly, TMI. I really don't need to know about NSSM coming on before her romantic (AD-gifted) mini-break or the results of her poll on to-shag or not-to-shag during your period; MOD getting caught out by a heavy flow at work (pleasant for patients and colleagues to know, eh?) or CT "missing PMT" (really?) Maybe they're just all desperate for new, engaging content since having their knuckles rapped (finally) over said #ad-gifted regulations. Or maybe I'm just a cynical mum of teens who would literally disown me for oversharing on social media (to that end, I think the insta-mum fraternity could learn a lot from socially-savvy, teens....)
Also a long time lurker!!! And yes the period chat is a bit grim. If I started posting about my heavy periods of probably end up being reported ??

• Haha
Clemmie Telford (lower sixth) moaning about lack of sleep as a result of travelling with a baby across multiple time zones in one week.

My heart is literally breaking for you Clemmie. You need another break to get over the hell of this.

Meanwhile School Mums Luludumas and Doesmybumlook40 continue to flog either their own unwanted crap or unwanted crap M&S are producing
She’s been on here and read all these. Check out her stories ?

Reactions: 2
Ct: 'look how many people agree with me about these forums because I'm telling everyone I've got lots of swearing in my dms'

i think they all bang on about empowerment and how great Instagram is ..the sisterhood let’s all stick together women are great etc but that’s because they are the ones at the top of insta food chain going to all the parties/trips/ free gifts while the rest of us watch on. If it was the other way round and they were watching this cliquey clique go around London having freebies they’d feel annoyed too & make comparisons. Ahh dressing Bestival when we’ll have weeks of them banging on about that. We’re not all middle class. Instagram was a fun place but now it is all about money. Everyone wants to be a celeb & make money of it.
The instamums are as savage as anyone. EVERYTHING they do is for self promotion to get money so they can spend £60 on Aesop hand wash. THEY ARE SO DESPERATE for cash. Don’t fool yourself it’s for the good of us. It’s so like school they copy each other remember when MOD SDBHF CT & more had that helmet bob hair with blunt fringe?
Why haven’t I unfollowed? I watch them feeling embarrassed for them that they are airing so much of their life that I can’t turn away. It’s like Take A Break come to life. I give it 5 more years before we all stop using our phones like this so much. Already so many of my “normal” friends have stopped posting as feels like why bother in a sea of ADS or highly curated images. Pictures of our day seems and is bland in comparison. Also instamums must be online ALL the time which is so sad as they comment under each other’s pics within minutes.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
i think they all bang on about empowerment and how great Instagram is ..the sisterhood let’s all stick together women are great etc but that’s because they are the ones at the top of insta food chain going to all the parties/trips/ free gifts while the rest of us watch on. If it was the other way round and they were watching this cliquey clique go around London having freebies they’d feel annoyed too & make comparisons. Ahh dressing Bestival when we’ll have weeks of them banging on about that. We’re not all middle class. Instagram was a fun place but now it is all about money. Everyone wants to be a celeb & make money of it.
The instamums are as savage as anyone. EVERYTHING they do is for self promotion to get money so they can spend £60 on Aesop hand wash. THEY ARE SO DESPERATE for cash. Don’t fool yourself it’s for the good of us. It’s so like school they copy each other remember when MOD SDBHF CT & more had that helmet bob hair with blunt fringe?
Why haven’t I unfollowed? I watch them feeling embarrassed for them that they are airing so much of their life that I can’t turn away. It’s like Take A Break come to life. I give it 5 more years before we all stop using our phones like this so much. Already so many of my “normal” friends have stopped posting as feels like why bother in a sea of ADS or highly curated images. Pictures of our day seems and is bland in comparison. Also instamums must be online ALL the time which is so sad as they comment under each other’s pics within minutes.
Brilliant post!! I especially liked "It's like Take A Break come to life!" Fantastic analogy!

Reactions: 2
I used to think the Clemmies were the same person just with two accounts ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.