Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Just going off on a tangent , FoD is on a skiing trip and on one of his insta stories he’s talked about how being on this trip has helped him ‘remember who he is, other than being a parent’

Honestly, the verbal diarrhoea that comes out of the Insta mouths is laughable. They inhabit a different world to those of us with little spare cash.

To be given a free skiing trip and be able to wax lyrical about ‘remembering who I am’, you’re a lucky lucky man Si, that’s what you are.

Reactions: 8

Slatternly

steph don’t buy me flowers lady. Does she belong her? She ticks every box for metropolitan instamum smuggery. Lots of faux self depreciation, bangs on constantly about overwhelm, gin in a tin, large fringe, kitchen disco she’s a full house.

Instawanker

Oh it seems next are on a role and when it comes to freebies people are happy to forget their principals.

This time Muthahood - who as a small business stood up for a amp and side accepting freebie T-shirts for daughters from Next.

I do wonder how Gemma would feel if they ripped off her Strong Girls Club stuff.

These grabbers have very short memories!

Pollyponsonby

VIP Member
Slightly off topic, but the 6th Form prefect insta Mums started off being gifted the same old Tible and Marl ( spelling?) bags,Zilla Kids,Scamp And Dude,Miele washing machine etc etc,recently the new Mums are spouting about the joys of Pumping breast milk,I think I paid £49.99 for my what I thought top of the range Avent breast pump,The ‘Evie’ pump costs a mere £449 plus around £50 for the needed accessories,please help me out here,is it normal to spend £500 on a breast pump? Clemmie Telford obvs was gifted the pump as was the other one that had a baby recently. I find this a kick in the teeth to the average mother following these influencers,it’s not healthy,it creates a sad feeling of inadequacy for mother’s who could never warrant spending £500 on such a product.
I think the Insta Mum bubble is about to burst! The new advertising rules make everything more transparent,many believed they were reading helpful Mum tips not blatant in your face advertising. Seeing some of the Insa Mums online sale shops recently made me laugh,they were flogging loads of stuff they posted saying how much they loved the product! #lies

Tedward39

You would have thought that she learned from the Next thing and would have checked her fellow panelist’s first. Glad she stepped down, but I refuse to applaud her for making the same mistake again and not learning.
In my view, the fact that she has stepped deserves applause. I think she has learnt from the Next debacle. None of the other Instamums are stepping down. Credit where credit is due. Clemmie T is now working witb Next; after the diversity issue and their complete rip off of Scamp & Dude, which she wholly stood against at the time. She has absolutely zero integrity compared to Mother Pukka. As for Notsosmugnow; it is her company, @hustleandfox behind the whole @campbestival fiasco. She ought to be thoroughly ashamed of herself.

Mochalatte

Chatty Member
Seriously?: totally with you on your points. I like Instagram, it’s a distraction from life and I do think it’s great for so many things. I actually don’t have an issue with #ad - I think it’s correct that these people are doing something for my amusement and I realise that they have to make money out of it. Someone like doesmybumlook40 or ericadavies (who annoys me) do #ad very well, they are classy about the what they do and they don’t try to be sneaky. The kindergarten instamums are just sloppy and pathetic, very grabby about what they put out there- I only use Charlotte tilbury, ffwd a week and suddenly when there is a Nivea campaign- I LOVE Nivea, it’s all I use?! Sloppy! It won’t necessarily make me stop watching them though because just like tv il ffwd through the ads!

As for MissM08 or whatever instamum she is, no I’m not boring as sin, I have a real job and then when I’m not working I like to spend time with my family, have a look through insta, drink wine, have a wee look on here- I don’t want 5 million followers and the need to perform and get grabby for ads and aff links. I have never trolled on insta, mostly because I can’t be arsed with them spending all night having an argument with the super fans because they live in an echo chamber for snowflakes. So I found this and I like to have a chat with like minded people- I found my people- what’s wrong with that? And yes I do talk to my mum friends about this stuff too because we all have an opinion- some of them are different but I don’t feel the need to get all shouty!

Last edited:

Pollyponsonby

VIP Member
MOD has lost all relatability for me, I’m glad she took a (well was forced to) look in the mirror and has cooled it on the oversharing of the children and is bringing back the Gas&Air blog but I can only see her as an insta-celeb with lots of adoring fans now.
MOD became a bit of a laughing stock,how can you give sympathy to a woman moaning about the price of brass handles for her ‘kitchen reno’ asking for cheap recommendations and then buying £69 knobs! Her utility room is more than most could dream of as their main family kitchen! I think she realised she had lost all credibility and kept her one shift a week as a midwife purely for P.R purposes.I doubt she is expanding on her Gas and Air blog out of passion more like to keep her upper 6th prefect badge in place!

Papab

With the above being said and with the aim of being respectful. I will not address the situation about my Daugter anymore.. it is too painful for me to keep talking about it .. I just know the right thing will be done eventually . I hope this is ok ?

But like I said above I am open and happy to listening to people’s POV and opinion, as long as people know that everyone’s situation is u unique.

Thank you all

Carobee

I went on northface website it says to put your email down and they will contact when back in stock she’s so fishing for freebies! Remember when mod did this all the time “I need Spanx but they’re £70” & tagging them next thing “thanks Spanx for sending me over free Spanx” & what mulberry bag should I get? & what holiday? This paint smells of wee etc then free paint sent over. It’s like a licence to print money like a magical money tree & they’re all getting arsey now saying this was gift this was a gift BUT I BOUGHT THESE SOCKS! ?
I don’t think there’s much love for the instamums anymore but it happens with everyone in all these style industries. They start of bit naive and innocent then everyone loves them & we build them up then they learn how to play the game and get greedy & we start seeing through it and getting bored & not caring anymore. I did used to really like them all until every post is either a cause or an ad. Can’t they just post a picture just because it’s a nice picture?? No reason or angle behind it. Are we too far gone on Instagram now for this too happen anymore?

S

SherlockHuns

"FOR HONEST WOMEN THAT KEEP SUDACREM IN THIER CHANEL AND PAMPERS IN THIER PRADA" - blimey, they could, at the very least, spellcheck their website.
New thread title 😂

Instamums #2- permanently exhausted, winging it in waitrose in #ad#gifted clothes

Last edited by a moderator:

Babel

I just think it's so naive for anyone, literally anyone, famous or not - to put a public social media profile out into the world and not think that someone, somewhere, is going to have a negative opinion of it and therefore voice that. It happens, it will always happen, critique is not bullying.
I bet some of the mums commenting on her posts would be the first to roll their eyes if they saw her dressed like that in the street. I couldn't give a crap how she dresses. But, people will react if you rock up in sequins to the school run and a cape. Of course they will! Lucy you know that... likewise you know the shock value of what you've called your kids. Just own it and ignore what you want to ignore, because humans are curious and not a hive mind and do talk about other humans. Make your choices and own them.

Reactions: 7
I see MP as the PhD level, she isn't aspiring to be anyone or sell/flog stuff. It is her job, she is using insta as a platform and has always made that clear. She is also highly aware of her privilege, which is where MOD et al. fail miserably. MP is also very open to criticism and dialogue, she isn't a 'block the haterz' type. She's also keen to maintain her daughters' privacy.

Rac

So fed up with the 'girls supporting girls' from influences posts! Fake and untrue - well unless you are in their boring, totally exhausted group. I'm a feminist because I have all my other middle class yummy mummys around me, and don't interact or in fact care about anyone else.

Dillydilly

It’s a compulsion - human nature, you just know you’re wasting your time with something but just can’t help it.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
??????????????

I’m actually laughing my arse off at that line up .

Fucking hell it’s so posh and privileged it’s laughable!

Highlandcow

VIP Member
Some of the smaller accounts 10k or under bracket are just dying for a mention on here! Probably so they have material for their next blog post ?

Ladyhearmetonight

Do you seriously want me to explain cyber bullying to you? I mean I will if you like and I’m happy to provide you with links and further reading if you’d like help.
But it’s worrying to me that my 12 year old niece has a better grasp on what constitutes cyber bullying than you (who I assume is older than 12?)
Your 12 year old niece is presumably (a) a child and (b) not trying to build up an Instagram following as a business Therefore, inviting comments from other adults about their brand and business model/ethics. This is why anyone who does this is absolutely crackers as they are making their children/family life/way of living a product which is open to critique from consumers. And that's ignoring the whole ethics/safeguarding issues that arise when breaching your children's privacy in doing so. Maybe your niece could explain that to you......schools tens to be very hot on internet safety for children

Kisna

Just seen a link on the Frugality’s stories to a post by Charlotte Jacklin about the terrorist attack in New Zealand - incorporated in her post (about using her ‘privilege’ to make a difference) is what is basically an ad for an Olivia Burton necklace - “necklace c/o Olivia Burton, I have worked with them on a paid campaign twice this year”. And the picture is of course of said necklace.
Just wow.
Can see the thought process here (you must disclose anything from a brand you've worked with in the last year as an ad) but how tone deaf?! Just don't wear the necklace. Ugh.

Re the frugality. She's 35 I think. Bought that flat in 2011 (per one of the interiors articles linked earlier), so when she was 27. She said she was on £16k salary until she was 28, working at magazines (on her blog post about money), and that she got help from her dad so that she could get a mortgage (comment on the same blog post). The flat cost them/her £237k (thanks Rightmove) so that must have been a hefty loan from Dad - yet she managed to repay it already, not to mention doing the loft conversion. The flat sold for £500k and their house cost £630k, and they've spent another £40k on it (from one of the articles). If she's now 35 and the breadwinner on £30k, there are some SERIOUS gaps in the finances there. Oh no silly me - she took sandwiches to work and did car boot sales!

• Heart
  • Haha