Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fmmac

I think rvk_loves is another one that doesn't declare ADs. I'm pretty sure she's previously been reported to ASA so you'd think she'd know better.

Reactions: 2

Belleeyes

Seriously? Such an asshole move to put AD at the end with a ?. Do your job properly or get a different one?! Sick of these so called influencers thinking they are all that and don't have to follow the rules that are there to protect their 'customers'.

Attachments

Sparklefluff

Hello, Alice here. Yes, the t-shirts are the ones on Friends; I wanted one but couldn’t find them retailed anywhere so decided to make and sell them myself. It’s right there in the product description - https://morethantoast.org/products/girls-tee-in-green/

Replicating a t-shirt from a 15 year old tv show that has no official retailer is not the same thing as ripping off a small businesses creative design. Had I been able to buy the tee anywhere other than dodgy Chinese apparel websites, I would have.

Thanks!
@ £25 a pop, I would rather take my chance and buy from a ‘dodgy Chinese apparel website’

onlyinitforthepony

Rosie (The Londoner) is terrible for it - I reported her last week for not declaring something on her grid that then had her usual almost hidden ad tag on a story about the post 🙄

MrBull

VIP Member
I hope some of the ones taking the piss of the rules are the first to get the fines! Who’ll get the last laugh then?!

WiKi

Does Kerry Whelpdale have her own thread? Just watched her cleaning video from 3 weeks ago (8 minutes of my life I’ll never get back!) and it’s a blatant Dyson ad!! Can’t even see ‘ad’ hidden anywhere, it’s just not declared at all. She basically parrots the pr waffle throughout the video and says the dyson was gifted. No way it doesn’t need ‘ad’

swipeup

VIP Member
Yes she's a huge offender with the hidden affiliate links and also posts a lot of discount codes for free stuff she's been sent and doesn't mark them AD. This isn't her main source of income and I hardly think she needs a few extra quid from some affiliate links! I had to unfollow after all the running stories she was posting. And that "competition" that she did in the summer to win a visit to the house but was actually won by another instagram interiors account (yeah right)....what was that all about?

Rosiepie

VIP Member
If an instagrammer is working on a paid partnership with a brand for example Matalan, and then post a photo maybe a week later wearing the same clothes they were paid to advertise through matalan, do they have to declare that these clothes were part of a previously paid partnership?
Same applies to furniture received from John Lewis partnership - if you post pictures of your home that show these items should it all be declared and made transparent? Can’t find theASA guidelines on this.

WiKi

That tshirt looks like something from H&M for £7.99. Don’t tell me she’s charging more than that and saying it’s her design? Much like these young YouTubers who put a generic quote on a hoodie and sell it for £50.

Anyway, this woman annoys me. I came across her recently when a friend posted about her book, a memoir about being a single mum. She seems to forget she’s very well off with a fiancé about 20 years older (looked at his photo on Instagram, I’m sure it’s love but they do look like sugar daddy and baby)
Haven’t read the book (intrigued but I think it would enrage me) but apparently it had to be rewritten at the last minute because her (then) boyfriend ended things but then they were back together and engaged within a few weeks of it being published. She’s one of those who seem really self deprecating but it just doesn’t ring true and I think she’s actually got a massive ego

alicejt

Hello, Alice here. Yes, the t-shirts are the ones on Friends; I wanted one but couldn’t find them retailed anywhere so decided to make and sell them myself. It’s right there in the product description - https://morethantoast.org/products/girls-tee-in-green/

Replicating a t-shirt from a 15 year old tv show that has no official retailer is not the same thing as ripping off a small businesses creative design. Had I been able to buy the tee anywhere other than dodgy Chinese apparel websites, I would have.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1

SpeakingTheTruth

Sazloves. Often doesn’t state if her swipe ups are affiliate. Selling gifted items on Shpock.

Toni Interiors. Not declaring things properly.

Gemmalouisemiles Hides AD on stories

WhatLauraLoves Hides AD on stories

WiKi

Maybe it is a bit of a convenient situation then? She gets security and he gets a younger woman. As a mother, I’m struggling a bit to understand why you’d not live with someone if you’re marrying them... seems old fashioned? Does he not want to be around young kids? Because newsflash, they’re part of her. But she’s obviously willing to compromise. Weird situation.
Ah phew! I wondered if that was just me being a bit weird. It did all seem to move fast when they first got together and then the engagement so soon after breaking up would be a huge red flag to me. When she was single there seemed to be a hint of ‘desperation’ (I hate using that term) but still some glee about her hitting the dating scene hard. I think she was brought up very middle class and conventional and even though she spouts on and on about how the divorce was the right thing and the making of her blah blah blah I think there’s some shame there still and she just really wanted a man in her life.

It’s the £30 rip off T-shirts that seriously infuriate me though and I can’t believe no one has pointed it out to her! She doesn’t appear to have any kind of ‘management’ so maybe she’s truely not aware of the #ad rules but for not one person to point out the blatant plagiarism of the design is bizarre. Ok, I’m not pointing it out either but I enjoy my hate watching too much to get myself blocked

WiKi

Couldn’t find anywhere else to put this but anyone know of More Than Toast/Alice Judge-Talbot?? Just recently she’s been driving me nuts but I can’t stop what I guess is now classed as hate watching. She hardly ever labels ads, I’m sure she gets loads gifted l, no idea about affiliates. She tries to be so #relatable but she regularly drops £100s on new dresses for events, shops Waitrose and is so middle class it’s painful. She’s constantly ill or having a moan blah blah blah she’s annoying

Couldn’t find anywhere else to put this but anyone know of More Than Toast/Alice Judge-Talbot?? Just recently she’s been driving me nuts but I can’t stop what I guess is now classed as hate watching. She hardly ever labels ads, I’m sure she gets loads gifted l, no idea about affiliates. She tries to be so #relatable but she regularly drops £100s on new dresses for events, shops Waitrose and is so middle class it’s painful. She’s constantly ill or having a moan blah blah blah she’s annoying
Oh, and she came out with her own ‘merch’, T-shirt’s and mugs with feminist slogans which were all obviously ripped off. One t shirt just has ‘girls’ across it in exactly the same font as a T-shirt Rachel from friends was wearing back when it was on

Identical

Attachments

Last edited:
N

NellieOleson

This is a thread to discuss AD dodgers and their shady tactics - the ones that may not be interesting enough for a thread of their own, but are still happy to flout the rules and mislead their followers.

K

keeprowing

Alice also stole quotes from women of colour for her t shirts.

Firecrotch69

£25 is expensive for a single T-shirt, regardless of slogan or ‘earth positive’ buzz words.

I found one for £8.99 earlier and even that has a profit margin.

WiKi

She loves to be oh so #relatable but I don’t imagine she’s very relatable to most of her (our) age range. I’m not sure I can even afford to log on to net a porter let alone send my boyfriend a wish list and then treat myself a week before Christmas!

She was claiming poverty a couple of months ago because of an unpaid invoice which meant she had to dip into a savings account (or an isa or some stocks, she did a finance video and seems to have them all). Still didn’t need to downgrade from Waitrose even to Sainsbury’s though!