This Mama Life #26 Sinbad’s off to sea sea sea but what about poor old me me me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She won’t see it so much as the kids grandma cause it’s not HER mum. Sinbad must be regretting not insisting they spend more time with her. I truly feel for him.

Reactions: 12
Why do I have the feeling that she and the kids won’t go to the funeral so life is kept ‘normal’.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’ve lost a parent and if my partner was acting like that during my grieving I would be filing

Reactions: 10
Hold on, this is Islas nan who died, Sarah I don't agree with posting ads, but ads ft. Isla while she's mourning her Nan. And Sarah saying she wants to keep their routine!!!
She needs to be there for those children
she Will never be there for those kids or Rob, it’s always about her. She has never shown any time spent with his family or allowed the kids too, it’s alwADs hers. The children are never allowed to acknowledge the fact they are half English, only Scottish. Very sad for Rob, but Sarah will be thrilled, it means he will be home and she won’t have to solo parent , I mean, sod the fact he will be in bits, he needs to support Sarah!

Reactions: 6
Imagine posting ads when your husbands mum has died. His mum. Disgusting 🤢 I’m sorry but it is
Totally agree. I think this whole ‘I need to keep routine / busy’ is just a cover up for it not really affecting her. But you are right. Still posting ads when your mother in law has just passed away is disgusting.

Reactions: 13
She won’t see it so much as the kids grandma cause it’s not HER mum. Sinbad must be regretting not insisting they spend more time with her. I truly feel for him.
I always found it weird it was such fleeting visits to Rob’s parents, on their way to the motherland. I’m in no doubt it was all Sarah’s doing and I think Rob just wants a quiet life. But a paternal grandmother is just as important as a maternal one and those poor kiddies have a lot on their plate and we saw them with their cousins at Christmas - they could probably do with a bit more of that.

I hope Rob stands his ground and provides the support needed for his dad as well as the kids

How sad. Feel for Rob. Can’t be nice being away too when he probably just wants to be with his dad and any siblings he has. I know if it was my mother in law I’d have dropped everything in a heartbeat to go and support them if my partner was away and couldn’t. Not be carrying on like nothing has happened. Heartless cow. Wonder if she will say who it is now Rob has posted

Reactions: 2
What a hypocrite 🙁
Miss someone so much that you have never spent Christmas Day with? I don’t think so.

There seemed to be slightly more interaction at the back end of last year. Ie the parents went from simply being a loo stop en route to meeting up with Sarah’s brother on the way to Aberdeen (HOME!). They seemed to be graced with the odd 10 hour overnight stay. I really hope that this was not because Rob's mum was unwell but Sarah still insisted on going pronto to Aberdeen as making brocolli and stilton soup from 20 December to 4 January with her "family" was the priority

Reactions: 8
She’s such a bleep, if this is an illness resulting in death how bleeping dare she go to Scotland like she did and instead not spend time with his dying mother. Vile vile woman.

Reactions: 11
To be honest, I bet Rob is getting far greater support from his shipmates and colleagues than he will do at home from HIS WIFE!

Reactions: 11
To be honest, I bet Rob is getting far greater support from his shipmates and colleagues than he will do at home from HIS WIFE!
I would have a lot more respect for Sarah if she was honest with herself and thought I didn’t really have any meaningful relationship with my mother in law at all and did what I could to preclude my children from having one but I will make sure my full focus is on supporting my children and husband. The “will miss you sooooo much” stuff on social media is so absolutely hypocritical and totally meaningless. Deeds not words

She was obviously ill at Christmas and they barely saw her. Unforgivable. I hope the guilt is hitting her

I just looked at Robs Facebook page and so many other people have left far more meaningful messages than Sarah’s.

Can you imagine if Sarah’s mother was ill? The whole family would be moved up to Aberdeen for months, we’d have bedside vigil reels and stories of childhood memories.

I’m glad that Rob is surrounded by a crew of people that truly understand the nature and hardships of his job. I’ve never seen Sarah mention anything about how hard it is for Rob to be away from the family and miss so much of his children’s lives. It’s just soo hard for Sarah to rush about, unnecessarily, to football and swimming and still do the laundry whilst being able to contact her family as and when she chooses, get her hair and nailies done and brunch with the instahuns.

I can't believe Rob was saying goodbye to his mum and she took pictures for Instagram in burger king with a big grin on her face. That is divorce material.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.