This Mama Life #26 Sinbad’s off to sea sea sea but what about poor old me me me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s bringing those kids up to have no resilience and to crave attention. Sorry, but bringing a Dada doll into school at 9…my daughter is the same age as Isla and husband works away frequently for long periods of time. She would bleeping crawl under a rock if I suggested she take a doll of her Dad into school🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m quite shocked by the dad doll. That’s just weird in the extreme. Lots of parents work away and kids cope just fine without performative measures to bring their feelings to the fore all day every day.

What about kids in her class with an absent or deceased parent? Or a parent working away in a civilian role? Do they have mum/dad dolls as well, or is Isla a special case?

(I’m talking from experience, my dad worked overseas all through my childhood, sometimes needing armed protection in some dodgy locations.)

Reactions: 11
I’m quite shocked by the dad doll. That’s just weird in the extreme. Lots of parents work away and kids cope just fine without performative measures to bring their feelings to the fore all day every day.

What about kids in her class with an absent or deceased parent? Or a parent working away in a civilian role? Do they have mum/dad dolls as well, or is Isla a special case?

(I’m talking from experience, my dad worked overseas all through my childhood, sometimes needing armed protection in some dodgy locations.)
Living where they do there will be lots of other military families. They used to live on a military estate ffs! Do all their kids take Dada 🤢 dolls to school?

Reactions: 6
Nothing against isla but I reckon she’s probably quite emotionally immature (due to Sarah) like when she went on that school trip recently and Sarah said she still washed her and brushed her hair for her etc

Reactions: 8
WTAF is this. She really has lost the plot.
I know. How utterly tragic. Imagine thinking ‘ooh I must set my camera up to record myself putting something in my freezer’. 🤯🤯🤯 And she wonders why she’s never got time for basic stuff like food shopping. If she stopped pissing about on insta she could use that time to do an online food shop!

What’s this post about her “air wrap hair”. Doesn’t make sense- says she normally washes her hair every other day, we know this can’t be true as she regularly posts that it’s hair wash day with her hair scraped into a bun - I thought she washed her hair about once a week. She also claims that she’s had an airwrap for years and because of it her hair looks “good” on day 3- if that’s the case why wash every other day.

Reactions: 7
Is she seriously telling us that Isla takes a Teddy with her into school normally everyday?
I wouldn’t be surprised if Isla hasn’t looked at that teddy in years. But if she has, then Sarah really needs to take the lead and organise for the kids to speak to someone to help deal with how their mum reacts to their dad being away. And stop breaching their privacy online, Isla could get easily be teased/bullied because of that story

• Sad
Reactions: 12
What’s this post about her “air wrap hair”. Doesn’t make sense- says she normally washes her hair every other day, we know this can’t be true as she regularly posts that it’s hair wash day with her hair scraped into a bun - I thought she washed her hair about once a week. She also claims that she’s had an airwrap for years and because of it her hair looks “good” on day 3- if that’s the case why wash every other day.
Also, her hair did not look good. It looks completely unremarkable, and the same as it does every day.

And it does not look good on any other day either. It always looks lanky and shapeless, like she’s auditioning to be Amish.

Reactions: 11
She’s lumping her behaviour onto the children ….does nobody bleeping see it or care it’s abuse, agreed at a low level but she needs the wind put up her ….

Reactions: 10
View attachment 1998890

Why on earth has she got Lachlan in his jammies at 5.30pm?!
There was a “bedtime story” event at our school yesterday at around that time where kids could go back into school in pyjamas and have stories with the teachers….I didn’t see Sarah or Lachlan there but maybe she did go and that would explain the early pjs. Or more likely she’s just ferrying Isla around to after school activities and it’s easier for her to feed them in the car and get them changed ridiculously early.

Reactions: 3
There was a “bedtime story” event at our school yesterday at around that time where kids could go back into school in pyjamas and have stories with the teachers….I didn’t see Sarah or Lachlan there but maybe she did go and that would explain the early pjs. Or more likely she’s just ferrying Isla around to after school activities and it’s easier for her to feed them in the car and get them changed ridiculously early.
Nah it was them going to collect Isla. Shes a total weirdo.

Reactions: 4
Why does she let her kid get changed into his PJs then go outside to pick up his sister in them? So he’s goettongvinto bed and going to sleep in pyjamas which are probably dirty 🤢 why doesn’t she just set some boundaries and say no?!

Why does she let her kid get changed into his PJs then go outside to pick up his sister in them? So he’s goettongvinto bed and going to sleep in pyjamas which are probably dirty 🤢 why doesn’t she just set some boundaries and say no?!
i dont think its the kids wanting to do it - its HER. She’s always done it; she used to get them both changed into jammies then let them play outside at the old house then turff them into bed. She used to transfer a sleeping Lachlan from his car seat and dump him in his bed in his clothes without so much as a teeth brush/face wash or using the loo. Shes lazy; she wants them up into bed and out of her way as easily and quickly as possible. She would have got Lachlan in his jammies yesterday afternoon then gone to get isla and gone home so that when they got back Lachlan was then “ready” for bed so shes only then go to get isla changed - because god forbid she actually got the kids showers or bath’s before bed…

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
i dont think its the kids wanting to do it - its HER. She’s always done it; she used to get them both changed into jammies then let them play outside at the old house then turff them into bed. She used to transfer a sleeping Lachlan from his car seat and dump him in his bed in his clothes without so much as a teeth brush/face wash or using the loo. Shes lazy; she wants them up into bed and out of her way as easily and quickly as possible. She would have got Lachlan in his jammies yesterday afternoon then gone to get isla and gone home so that when they got back Lachlan was then “ready” for bed so shes only then go to get isla changed - because god forbid she actually got the kids showers or bath’s before bed…
That’s so sad… i enjoy the whole bedtime routine with my kids, it’s a chance to reconnect with them and hear about their day, plus it’s important in getting them relaxed and ready for sleep- I know I wouldn’t be able to get straight into bed in my dirty clothes and go to sleep!! 🤢

Reactions: 9
That’s so sad… i enjoy the whole bedtime routine with my kids, it’s a chance to reconnect with them and hear about their day, plus it’s important in getting them relaxed and ready for sleep- I know I wouldn’t be able to get straight into bed in my dirty clothes and go to sleep!! 🤢
Nor can he. She has to spend 40 minutes sitting with him every night to get him to "settle". He has no bed time routine, has his PJs on in the afternoon before going out again, and it probably starving hungry. She's neglectful and a terrible terrible parent

Reactions: 10
What is she saying about a better guest set up? If she’s not happy about how the bedrooms are arranged, they can make the changes. It’s their own home, not a military quarter.

I thought they bought a 4 bed house!

Last edited:
What is she saying about a better guest set up? If she’s not happy about how the bedrooms are arranged, they can make the changes. It’s their own home, not a military quarter.

And she previously said they would use the fourth bedroom as an office/playroom/guest room…not one of her brightest ideas but surely there’s room for a sofa bed.

so Lachlan has been turfed out of his room for a guest to stay over….. what have they got in their 4th bedroom?! Surely that should be set up as a guest room for this very reason?!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
so Lachlan has been turfed out of his room for a guest to stay over….. what have they got in their 4th bedroom?! Surely that should be set up as a guest room for this very reason?!
Probably full of her piles and piles of cheap clothes and boots

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.