Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a lot of this ‘she’s an 8/10 but’.. meme going around, not sure where it’s come from but getting a little old :)
Oh my god. I've pronounced it like that since I was little, that's how I learnt it due to it being on the Monopoly board. At least I know better now (thank you). Fortunately I'm not an 8 so I would never have made meme status 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Or the other thing is when (especially someone new who lacks courage) shares a friendly post on a local/interest group and people post jokes/jibes or unrelated things about the image or post under it. For example a girl posted herself working on her laptop in the new community space with “Thanks to everyone who helped with this”! and someone wrote underneath “You need a hair cut” and loads of people put laughing emojis (she had a fringe) :(

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Dodo videos. You watch one and then they keep popping up all the time. For those who don't know, they are animal rescue videos - nothing to do with extinct birds.

Yes, they can sometimes be cute and heartwarming, but the more you watch, you realise how contrived they are. Oh, so you just happened to be filming when you came across the sealed carboard box of abandoned puppies at the bottom of a bridge, and you know exactly how to care for them? :unsure:
Hate those sort of things. Do these people think we are all stupid? They are usually after money anyway. Disgusting 😒

Pillow case in the freezer?? That would last for all of 30 seconds before warming up
i once had to stay in a hotel in Chichester during a heatwave, stupid safety regulations meant the windows could not be opened even on the ground floor . They had put fans in the room which I naughtily left on when I went to the theatre. When I came back it was so hot still I was begging the receptionist to open the window but she actually couldn't so the best she could do was give me a handful of solid freezer ice packs which I slept with in the bed. Which was fine until i would forget where i'd placed them and almost give myself a heart attack..

they did work very well though I seem to recall.

• Haha
omg this! I am on nextdoor and this is all it is, I am posting to look for my missing cat and a couple post about their brunch
That next door thing floods my emails , plus they're titled the name of my town but the posts are always about other towns nearby , so annoying. Not that I give a tit about half of it anyway

Reactions: 2
'If my Nana was still alive, today she would be 120'. Erm. No love. She probably wouldn't have been. head.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That next door thing floods my emails , plus they're titled the name of my town but the posts are always about other towns nearby , so annoying. Not that I give a tit about half of it anyway
I binned it for those reasons

Reactions: 3
tit like this. Advocating violence against children, with a nice dollop of superiority. Lovely!

It’s always the same idiots that post this kind of stuff, along with the “I’m a 70s child. We ran free, etc etc”. Completely lacking any understanding of the socio-political differences between now and past decades.

Shitlarks!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If my great grandma was alive she would be 135, but that’s not really a news item is it lol 😂
But she wouldn’t be 135 because we don’t live that long
Can’t stand it
The age she died is the age she was
Stop with every year she would be crap
In that case if Jesus was still alive he would be 134566 years old
bleeping hell people are so dim

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Self-righteous comments at companies on social media: "pay your taxes!" "stop using palm oil!" "Easter is a CHRISTIAN holiday, why are you selling halal chocolate?" It doesn't change anything, it won't reach anyone important at the company, all you're doing is harassing some underpaid (or unpaid) intern

It especially grates when people complain that a company is still using the name of the deceased original founder. I once saw someone comment on the account of Kevyn Aucoin Beauty with "Kevyn Aucoin died in 2002, who has been profiting from his name since then?" I hate to break it to you, there are companies over a hundred years old that still use the name of the original founder! People seem to do this a lot with Kate Spade as well, a while back a post got jumped on because they promoted a new perfume with "described by Kate Spade as ..." and there were dozens of comments about "Kate Spade is dead, she never knew about this perfume, stop making up fake quotes by her!" No one did that, in context of the post they clearly meant Kate Spade the company/brand. Even when she was alive she'd already sold the brand and it had nothing to do with her any more, she was working at her other label Frances Valentine

Reactions: 7
If my great-great-great-grandmother was alive, today would be her 416th birthday! Fly high with the angles, GGGGnan 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 12
tit like this. Advocating violence against children, with a nice dollop of superiority. Lovely!

It’s always the same idiots that post this kind of stuff, along with the “I’m a 70s child. We ran free, etc etc”. Completely lacking any understanding of the socio-political differences between now and past decades.

Shitlarks!
"Never did me no harm". It did. It made you think it's normal to be a victim of violence.

"Bring back national service".

I'm fed up of my local newspaper posting about stuff that isn't local or even important.

Reactions: 13
Has anyone noticed the new 'trend/fashion' (mostly teens & early 20's) where they make videos about their alters/system? Basically it's youngsters faking &/or self diagnosing themselves with DID.
A rare, but very serious mental health condition that normally comes about after serious trauma as a child.
these youngsters think it's trendy & quirky to pretend they've got it, & lots of 'alters' ...... It's infuriating!!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
"Never did me no harm". It did. It made you think it's normal to be a victim of violence.

"Bring back national service".

I'm fed up of my local newspaper posting about stuff that isn't local or even important.
My ex MIL used to always make comments when I would avoid food/ alcohol when pregnant. “Never did my kids any harm when I was pregnant” Yes but you also a chain smoked through 4 pregnancies and I wouldn’t dream of doing that either. Piss off old battleaxe (can you tell I can’t stand her 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
People especially on local Facebook groups and forums who think everyone wants to hear the minutiae of their life or contributions that are vaguely related. Someone posted a pic of a lost cat and like 20 people wrote underneath about their own pets- “I used to have a cat, she was called Lottie” “My mum had two dogs, Jordan and Ben”. Similarly someone posted on a women who travel group about a Scottish word she didn’t understand (she was from America and had moved) and the comments section was like “I lived in Lancashire until I was 30, now I’m in London, my accent is a proper blend of London and Lancashire” and “I grew up in Swansea then moved to Bridgend, I sound very Bridgend on some words” like who actually cares unless the cat was the same rare breed or it was a thread about Welsh accents with people that could relate 🙄
I see this a lot on tattle too 😬 been guilty of it myself but it is annoying !

• Heart
Reactions: 5
But she wouldn’t be 135 because we don’t live that long
Can’t stand it
The age she died is the age she was
Stop with every year she would be crap
In that case if Jesus was still alive he would be 134566 years old
bleeping hell people are so dim
If my great-great-great-grandmother was alive, today would be her 416th birthday! Fly high with the angles, GGGGnan 🥴
See this is what I mean
Where do you draw the line
They wouldn’t be 135 because they are dead
So that means no more birthdays etc
It’s not rocket science

• Haha
Reactions: 8
" I've lost me dog in Aberdeen. Answers to the name of Rover"

- gets shared by someone on your FB , living in bleeping Bournemouth

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m guessing today is the last day of school for some kids. My Facebook homepage is awash with statuses of how proud and how much they love their kid and how it’s the first day of the rest of their lives 🙄. 99% of the kids these statuses are about don’t even have their parents on Facebook so it’s another performance post on the parents part.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.