Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“U ok hun? Xxx”

“Will inbox u hun xx so sick of all the snakes on ere xx”

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Dodo videos. You watch one and then they keep popping up all the time. For those who don't know, they are animal rescue videos - nothing to do with extinct birds.

Yes, they can sometimes be cute and heartwarming, but the more you watch, you realise how contrived they are. Oh, so you just happened to be filming when you came across the sealed carboard box of abandoned puppies at the bottom of a bridge, and you know exactly how to care for them? :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Dodo videos. You watch one and then they keep popping up all the time. For those who don't know, they are animal rescue videos - nothing to do with extinct birds.

Yes, they can sometimes be cute and heartwarming, but the more you watch, you realise how contrived they are. Oh, so you just happened to be filming when you came across the sealed carboard box of abandoned puppies at the bottom of a bridge, and you know exactly how to care for them? :unsure:
I enjoy the DODO videos but oh my. Just how much vocal fry can your ears take. What is it with American women (in the main) and the awful vocal fry voices. 😬

?

Reactions: 11
I enjoy the DODO videos but oh my. Just how much vocal fry can your ears take. What is it with American women (in the main) and the awful vocal fry voices. 😬

?
The worst thing about vocal fry is when it is explained to you for the first time. From that point on, you can never unhear it. 🙉

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People stating 'share the tit out of this' as if it's the most important video in the world

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Anything to do with tiktok. It's not just on tiktok, if you have IG or fb it pops up there constantly...bugger off 🙄 cringey dances cringey tunes just wish it would expire already

Also people who put up question boxes in their stories (IG) saying ask anything! I'll be totally honest! Then you ask them a question and it's all "oooh that's private, I can't share that on Instagram" alright love, I wasn't asking you how your nan died or anything hugely personal 🙄

Reactions: 19
When someone says "I know a lot of you have been asking about my skincare routine/fitness regime/brownie recipe".

1645829294656.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
The post on the other thread about dementia. My mum has it and my dad does fantastically but not one person, aside from my best friend, outside the family even knows, let alone has seen it on social media! Why? Out of respect for my mother’s dignity. Jesus, what is wrong with people? 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Anything to do with tiktok. It's not just on tiktok, if you have IG or fb it pops up there constantly...bugger off 🙄 cringey dances cringey tunes just wish it would expire already

Also people who put up question boxes in their stories (IG) saying ask anything! I'll be totally honest! Then you ask them a question and it's all "oooh that's private, I can't share that on Instagram" alright love, I wasn't asking you how your nan died or anything hugely personal 🙄
I thought I was the only person in the world who hates TikTok and refuses to be sucked into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I do feel like TikTok mania has died down or at least evolved.

I don’t feel like I am seeing many videos of people doing stupid dances pop up on Instagram anymore. The lipsyncs are still there (and annoying) and there is lots of well-intentioned social justice activism but the really puerile stuff has died down in the last few months.

Reactions: 10
I do feel like TikTok mania has died down or at least evolved.

I don’t feel like I am seeing many videos of people doing stupid dances pop up on Instagram anymore. The lipsyncs are still there (and annoying) and there is lots of well-intentioned social justice activism but the really puerile stuff has died down in the last few months.
I wish my insta explore page would stop 😭

Reactions: 6
The post on the other thread about dementia. My mum has it and my dad does fantastically but not one person, aside from my best friend, outside the family even knows, let alone has seen it on social media! Why? Out of respect for my mother’s dignity. Jesus, what is wrong with people? 😡
I could have written this myself ❤. And I know for a fact that my mum, who took so much pride in her appearance before she became ill, would be absolutely mortified at having an image of her in such a state broadcast to all and sundry.

I don't even let her day care centre put photos of her on their FB page. I personally find it so jarring when I see an image of how she looks now. I would hate the thought of people who once knew her seeing that and then gossiping about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
My entire LinkedIn feed is literally filled with "I support Ukraine" posts. I'm all for supporting Ukraine, of course, but Ukraine doesn't need these posts on social media. They've got better things to worry about and need real tangible actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Is it really horrible that I get pissed off when I see 10+ posts in less than a week by the same person and it's all wedding stuff because they got engaged? Like the whole post about the initial proposal, then the disbelief of being engaged post, the 'future spouse to be' post etc. Yeah, we all know you got engaged - but you don't need multiple posts about it.

Reactions: 29
That really long, babyish explanation of the Ukraine crisis by that woman who claims to have explained it to her daughter whilst she was on the phone in Morrisons. If you haven't seen it yet, don't worry, it'll soon get shared by the usual types.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
That really long, babyish explanation of the Ukraine crisis by that woman who claims to have explained it to her daughter whilst she was on the phone in Morrisons. If you haven't seen it yet, don't worry, it'll soon get shared by the usual types.
Oh it's just terrible. Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Reactions: 8
It's the most patronising piece of tit I've ever seen. I've deleted 3 people on the back of it ha. I am in no mood. If my parents had said any of that tit to me I'd have had the intelligence to say, "Er...but what about Ukraine?". Kids aren't thick. Sorry. It riled me and I'm so glad you brought it up. 😌

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Screenshot_20220228_072654.jpg

Who knew that wars could be ended quickly by posting a picture of the war-torn country's national flower? 😮

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Influencers in who have absolutely no affiliation with Russia / Ukraine who keep posting on IG: "It's so hard getting into a routine and work with all that's going on right now. Reading your comments now - crying".

I can appreciate things are difficult and my heart breaks for all the innocents people impacted by this unjustified attack. Truly. However, random influencers (who already have nothing to do all day) claiming they can't go on about their day because of this crisis is really over the top knowing they're all safe in their fancy houses / apartments drinking coffee and matcha lattes all day. I'm not buying into this attention-seeking technique, especially when there's no follow-up post to raise awareness on what's going on and to try to help in one capacity or another.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.