Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I told her we were buying a thatched cottage (she loved to copy my style which was cottage core type thing and then say it was her ideas I was copying) so I told her we had put an offer in on this house, showed her a photo of a thatched cottage on right move, and a few months later she announced they were moving in to a similar thatched cottage. Laughing inwardly for so long at her stupidity. Imagine feeling the need to move home to get one up on me. Incidentally I would never have bought a thatched property due to insurance and ongoing upkeep costs. What a knob!!
Thank you, this made my day!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What is it about the following food products that makes people base their entire on-line personality around them?:
- Tea
- Gin
- Prosecco
- Pizza (often Dominoes specifically)
- Chocolate
- Crisps

You absolutely never see somebody go on and on and on ad nauseam about being a “orange squash lover” or “Starburst obsessive”. It is only ever one of the above.

It’s always the same handful of foods that these complete non-personalities latch onto.
Having vivid flashbacks of online dating apps here 😂

I think I must be the only person between 20 and 35 who’s NEVER watched it :)
I have never watched it either, same with big brother or other reality shows. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Reactions: 4
Thank you, this made my day!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: The only thing that could have made this better would have been buying some rundown mess with no planning permission and a huge damp problem and then a holiday with no insurnace during the lockdown that was cancelled

• Heart
Reactions: 3
A lassie on my fbook who puts up daily how her 5 year old has said something cheeky to an adult be it about hair colour/appearance/a persons weight etc and how she doesn’t know where she gets it from. If you seen the things she puts up about other people you would certainly know where her daughter hears it/ gets it’s from

• Wow
Reactions: 10
This type of scaremongering. I understand there are reasons for and against the vaccine and I agonised over my decision, but I think you shouldn’t share stuff either way unless it’s from literally a science journal. It took a quick Google to see that the neurological condition described was… a headache post vaccine which is loosely neurological. I have a neurological condition and anxiety and I started crying when I saw this. Just do proper research before posting something like this, it’s so selfish :) :(

Festival/Glastonbury posts- both people there and articles about how to pack for festivals, festival fever etc. I’m just jealous haha but surely they’re not THAT relatable to a lot of people? I’m not going to a festival, bored of hearing about them 😆

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Gushing lovey-dovey 'fan' comments under someone's post that I have to scroll through endlessly if I wanna get the real, juicy comments from people saying exactly what I'm thinking 🙃

• Haha
People who constantly post gushing long posts about how much their parents/grandparents/siblings/dog/neighbours uncle love them and support them and make them the bestest person ever 🙃 such drips!

Reactions: 11
I have a toddler. My feed is full of conflicting parenting advice "ignore the dishes and cuddle" Vs "keep your house tidy and kids doing chores". I expect life was much easier before the internet came along to make parents constantly wondering just how badly wrong they are doing everything.

My mum has absolute confidence in her grandparenting skills, which are basically her going about her business with toddler in tow. Chatting, giving him a stick to whack stuff with and sitting him on the worktop feeding him samples of things.

Im not hugely into social media anyway but between other mums elaborate sensory play session photos, adverts for toys to make your child a genius and parenting gurus chipping in their two penneth I'm fed up. Personally I think kids are getting less resilient, less mature and less inventive these days so I'm trying to think how parents raised / mildly neglected their kids years ago and be less worried about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
People posting photos of their breakfast in the garden or afternoon in the garden with a shot of their flip flopped feet and/or a coffee cup. Wow, you’re the only person in the world to sit outside, what a pioneer you are.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
People posting photos of their breakfast in the garden or afternoon in the garden with a shot of their flip flopped feet and/or a coffee cup. Wow, you’re the only person in the world to sit outside, what a pioneer you are.
Same with the sitting in the garden with a glass of wine pics. Usually stamped with a stale and overused caption like...
'its wine o'clock where I am' 🍷🍾
🙄

Reactions: 14
Same with the sitting in the garden with a glass of wine pics. Usually stamped with a stale and overused caption like...
'its wine o'clock where I am' 🍷🍾
🙄
That day it was over 30 degrees in the UK some smug person posted a pic of Spain with ‘26 degrees’ over it and I was so tempted to reply with ‘30 degrees’ and my own pic 😂

• Haha
I also meant to say when they keep posting it day after day, witch your garden looks the same as it did yesterday

• Haha
Quite random, but influencers/youtubers who you can see use Apple for everything advertising laptops etc that are other brands, then never using them again. I just don't get why brands think this is a good ad

People especially on local Facebook groups and forums who think everyone wants to hear the minutiae of their life or contributions that are vaguely related. Someone posted a pic of a lost cat and like 20 people wrote underneath about their own pets- “I used to have a cat, she was called Lottie” “My mum had two dogs, Jordan and Ben”. Similarly someone posted on a women who travel group about a Scottish word she didn’t understand (she was from America and had moved) and the comments section was like “I lived in Lancashire until I was 30, now I’m in London, my accent is a proper blend of London and Lancashire” and “I grew up in Swansea then moved to Bridgend, I sound very Bridgend on some words” like who actually cares unless the cat was the same rare breed or it was a thread about Welsh accents with people that could relate 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People especially on local Facebook groups and forums who think everyone wants to hear the minutiae of their life or contributions that are vaguely related. Someone posted a pic of a lost cat and like 20 people wrote underneath about their own pets- “I used to have a cat, she was called Lottie” “My mum had two dogs, Jordan and Ben”. Similarly someone posted on a women who travel group about a Scottish word she didn’t understand (she was from America and had moved) and the comments section was like “I lived in Lancashire until I was 30, now I’m in London, my accent is a proper blend of London and Lancashire” and “I grew up in Swansea then moved to Bridgend, I sound very Bridgend on some words” like who actually cares unless the cat was the same rare breed or it was a thread about Welsh accents with people that could relate 🙄
omg this! I am on nextdoor and this is all it is, I am posting to look for my missing cat and a couple post about their brunch

• Haha
  • Wow
omg this! I am on nextdoor and this is all it is, I am posting to look for my missing cat and a couple post about their brunch
What on your post or above it ? I know we can’t spend our lives walking on eggshells around other people but I always find it insensitive on those groups when someone posts about a serious/important issue and someone posts something lighthearted above it that they know will overshadow it- just pick your moment. I hope you find cat, keep positive 🐱

What on your post or above it ? I know we can’t spend our lives walking on eggshells around other people but I always find it insensitive on those groups when someone posts about a serious/important issue and someone posts something lighthearted above it that they know will overshadow it- just pick your moment. I hope you find cat, keep positive 🐱
Literally I posted about mu missing cat and someone else posted, that is sad but in ____ (my area) this place is good for brunch

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.