Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly just everything that is so clearly done for social media. Like would you have made that effort if you couldn't show off about it? Probably not. I miss the old days when people would badly filter a random photo, and Instagram was an after thought when you'd done an activity, rather than why a person bothered to do an activity.

I follow someone called pintsizedphoto (she has like 30k followers so I think it's OK to mention her?) And whilst her photos are beautiful, her entire life just feels staged and it makes me feel sad for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
People who share all the stories that people have done wishing them a happy birthday. I just don’t get it?! Yeah we get it, you’ve got a few mates. It’d be like taking all your birthday cards out with you to show everyone
The same with food photos
Took me all night on monday knocking on all my mates doors to show them my dinner

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't like seeing comments on photos of someone's weight loss about "where is your loose skin." No one "has" to show you anything, and not everyone has loose skin after weight loss. If someone doesn't have it, it doesn't mean they are being dishonest / taping their body / airbrushing the pictures.

Reactions: 8
Honestly just everything that is so clearly done for social media. Like would you have made that effort if you couldn't show off about it? Probably not. I miss the old days when people would badly filter a random photo, and Instagram was an after thought when you'd done an activity, rather than why a person bothered to do an activity.

I follow someone called pintsizedphoto (she has like 30k followers so I think it's OK to mention her?) And whilst her photos are beautiful, her entire life just feels staged and it makes me feel sad for her.
Just took a quick look...the Autumnal colour scheme is enough to make me barf! Absolutely hate when someone has their IG filtered to the extreme like this (I mean an overall colour scheme and consistently themed photos throughout), do they never want to just take a random photo one day that doesn't fit the aesthetic? (Yep, I'm that person that would turn a tin or bottle slightly in a supermarket if they were all perfectly straight and labels matching 🤣 )

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When a local school is in the news for something negative, you always get that one parent in the comments who is like “my child went to this school, they left with 25 A* GCSE’s, 17 A* A-levels and are now at Oxbridge studying rocket science whilst trying to find a cure for cancer on the side. Brilliant school brilliant teachers”

Just an excuse to brag they don’t actually care about what the article says😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm sorry it has probably been done, but cake smashes for one year old. Also I have nothing against getting professional photos done of your kids but are they going to thank you for the ones of them sitting naked in a tin bath of stale milk, bonus points for a huge flower crown on thier head.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just took a quick look...the Autumnal colour scheme is enough to make me barf! Absolutely hate when someone has their IG filtered to the extreme like this (I mean an overall colour scheme and consistently themed photos throughout), do they never want to just take a random photo one day that doesn't fit the aesthetic? (Yep, I'm that person that would turn a tin or bottle slightly in a supermarket if they were all perfectly straight and labels matching 🤣 )
Just looked too. God she tedious isn't she! She's also 1 of those that puts one foot forward in every.single.picture - because somebody told her it was flattering once so she's kept it as her 'lewk'. YAWN.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Someone on my Instagram has done a balloon arch and over the top post for her baby who is 1 month old…1 month!! What on earth is she doing to do when the baby is actually 1 year old

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I don't like seeing comments on photos of someone's weight loss about "where is your loose skin." No one "has" to show you anything, and not everyone has loose skin after weight loss. If someone doesn't have it, it doesn't mean they are being dishonest / taping their body / airbrushing the pictures.
That's just jealousy and trying to rain on someone else's parade.

Reactions: 6
Men who wear caps or hats during the home birth of their child. It's just so unnecessary! SS's photos reminded me of it but I follow other people whose partners also wore a cap 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Men who wear caps or hats during the home birth of their child. It's just so unnecessary! SS's photos reminded me of it but I follow other people whose partners also wore a cap 🤢
Or the hospital photo which shows the dad holding the car seat walking out the hospital, which is usually the birth announcement :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Today - Sky Glass adverts. Bang on 11:00am, half of the influencers I follow in insta posted a boring #ad. Now it is alllll over twitter as well. Boring!

Reactions: 9
Cancel culture is pathetic, oooooo something offended you, get over it!

I like to play devil's advocate with those types by pointing out you can't pick and choose who gets cancelled, so by their own standards people like Elvis, Picasso, Lewis Carroll etc should also be cancelled. Apparently 'it's different'. Um, no, no it's not.
My biggest issue with cancel culture that it's never someone who actually deserves to be cancelled. People will cancel someone for a comment they made 10 years ago when they 14 but won't cancel an A-list celebrity who is an abuser!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Today - Sky Glass adverts. Bang on 11:00am, half of the influencers I follow in insta posted a boring #ad. Now it is alllll over twitter as well. Boring!
I actually like the idea of no sky box and I am in the market for a new TV. But this kind of advertising puts me right off so it's a no from me.

Reactions: 2
I actually like the idea of no sky box and I am in the market for a new TV. But this kind of advertising puts me right off so it's a no from me.
I wonder how many things that influencer/YouTube adverts have put off people buying. I quite like the idea of some of them but honestly seeing them advertised by every duck with an account makes me not want to waste my money on it

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
When you unfriend someone you don't talk to and they keep trying to add you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Nobody wants your husband View attachment 798795
Or when they post "my *insert person* is better than yours"
When I had FB, a girl would do it all the time and I always felt like commenting "Is he? Cause I vividly remember a few months ago you blasting all over here that he, at age 20, cheated on you at an under 18s club night so we clearly have different ideas about 'better'"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.