Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rivermonster

VIP Member
There’s this woman on my fb who takes a picture every time their kid is reading a book and posts it to social media with the caption “My LiTtLe BoOk WoRm”. We get it, your child likes reading. Have a medal🙄
What is it with the Capital then small letters ?

Reactions: 2

Melian

VIP Member
The universal credit cut, whilst those of us other benefits being completely ignored. And yes, I kmowtheres acourt credit going through about this.

Reactions: 2

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I think it’s always been a thing sadly, back in the dark ages before social media when I was doing school runs mothers were trying to outdo each other in the fashion stakes. Full makeup, stiletto heels & mini skirts😉at 8.30am, just to drop off the kids at school.
I agree. ‘Twas ever thus. I remember threads on Mumsnet talking about school run outfits maybe 10 years ago.

Reactions: 1

HowlOwl

VIP Member
It's comforting that it's a universal experience but it needs to stop. I can't cope with it.

And I haven't even started on the copious emojis they send that make no sense to the sentence and are not relevant.

Auntie Linda: Omg can't wait for my wine tonight 💃🍷🦅👻🥳💂
Mary "the vodka guzzler": oh yes Lind, I love that. Roll on 5 o'clock 💃🍷⏳♣🐧
Auntie Linda: Aye Mary, off tomorrow see, can't get too steaming though, taking the grandkids swimming in the morning but that's never stopped me 😜👙🧞‍♂️🕸

I don't fucking care!!!!!
I’m not in any WhatsApp groups at all, sounds like it’s a blessing!

Merpedy

VIP Member
How is taking a gap year a trend, that's been popular for at least 25 years. Don't tell me people on tiktok think it's a new thing 🤣🤣
It’s more like “you didn’t take a gap year? Such a sheep and you’re missing out so much!”

~~

BTS stans. Bro I just want to see people discuss Global Citizen performances, I don’t care that they’re performing first or in 5 mins

Captainmouse

VIP Member
In case anybody missed this

• Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I'm so sick of men commenting on male fitness posts about how strong and cool and talented they are... then comment on female fitness posts about how hot and sexy they are.

I'm not even talking about the wannabee influencers who work out in a bikini and put peach emojis on all their posts - I'm talking about regular fit women who wear regular gym clothing and want to show off their fitness.
You also get women commenting on the same posts, drooling over the men, but publicly calling the women unattractive for having muscles.

• Sad

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Speaking of editing pictures the sun have done an article on jess hunt (never heard of her until I saw the article) about her photoshopping skills , go on her Instagram and look at her eiffel tower photos and video 🤣🤣 no way its real
I’ve just looked omg the video 🤣

• Haha

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I'm sure it's been said before, but I am SO pissed off with NAMALT, or the latest incarnation, NAPALT are like that. Yeah yeah, everyone gets that, but the point is that SOME are and they don't have fucking tattoos on their foreheads to tell us all to give them a wide berth. And breathe.
will google translate work on this?

Mamacita

VIP Member
Yes! I was just about to post this. What is with this free-trade free share thing?? Either I'm missing a trick here or I'm right to be cynical and it's a load of rubbish.
Is this where you get on free trade and if someone refers you, you get a free share?

If so, you do get a free share on free trade. Can't remember if you need to load some money on it first or not but you do get a free one

Last edited:

DinosaursLayEggs

This!! People begging for likes and comments, it's ridiculous! And thinking Instagram is hiding their posts, nah it ain't mate people just don't necessarily like it!

(This screenshot is purely I thought to take one while on their story, that person is one of many who frequently beg!)
What I hate even more about begging for likes and comments is when they share the post and purposely put it in a place where I can’t quickly tap past it without going into the post (exactly how it is in the screenshot). Annoying as fuck and guaranteed not to get a like from me now

openbook1

VIP Member
I had the same today! I was never actually at school with the guy, just knew him socially as a teenager 15 years ago.
I’ve decided that it’s easier to keep the request pending than click decline.
I had been doing this with that person for a while and then eventually delete it. I actually think she may make new accounts 😂

TheGlossy

VIP Member
When you say IG with no account does that mean you can browse insta without being signed in?
Yes, to an extent. I know the handle of the profiles I regularly look at, so I go directly on their profile. You can't view the stories though, just the posts and the posts are limited to recent ones. IG won't allow you to scroll all the way to the oldest pictures.

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
Don’t my sister rang me this morning “do you know you’re on the local news Facebook page panic buying petrol?” I actually wasn’t panic buying I was just getting petrol and a photographer has snapped me in the queue.
I hope you let the poster know that was completely inappropriate!! I bet if someone had snapped them they’d be kicking off