Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Girls I went to school with thinking their an influenza with 2,000 followers and a “gifted” highlight with loads of shite they got given and doing polls on their stories like anyone gives a duck. What are you doing 😭😭😭
Influenza? So have flu? Too many of those influncers but it seems to be the "in" job to do, sitting in car or standing in car park wearing boohoo or primark's clothes. Each to their own but tedious af.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm sorry if this is triggering for anyone, but I really cannot abide when I read that someone has passed away and the person writes 'they have lost their battle with cancer' - it's undermining, it's disempowering and just downright rude. It really riles me!
A million times this! I went through cancer and warned everyone that if I popped off, and anyone said that, I’d haunt the tit out of them. Just sounds like you didn’t try your best 😣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Hidden ad declarations

Begging for freebies, when they think they are being clever doing so but you see right through it

Anything “vibes”

Anything zen. Pretty sure if you were zen you wouldn’t be on social media seeking adoration from strangers

Reactions: 8
A million times this! I went through cancer and warned everyone that if I popped off, and anyone said that, I’d haunt the tit out of them. Just sounds like you didn’t try your best 😣

Sorry to hear you went through this 😰 I think you’ve hit the nail on the head too - it’s as if you didn’t battle hard enough. When really, you’re at the mercy of medical science and, to some extent, luck. 😰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have a girl from school on fb and she posts things like 'can't believe I was in co op today and a bloke asked for my number when I was looking so rough' .. 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
There is a girl on my Facebook who shares EVERY Facebook memory from about 15 years ago and since 🙄 and they are all shite 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Not social media but message related, when people send a message at an obscene time eg when I'm asleep. My phone is silence but when I've forgotten😴 😬
Bad manners

Reactions: 1
"Looking for a place to eat out that has nice views, great food, kid friendly and not expensive" :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Morons having spaghetti bolognaise for dinner spelling it as "spag bowl" on their story 🥴

Agreed this gets on my tits aswell. Same as the people that make pasta shapes with bolognaise and call it spag bol despite the fact there is no spaghetti. Silly but really annoys me.

I have a girl from school on fb and she posts things like 'can't believe I was in co op today and a bloke asked for my number when I was looking so rough' .. 🙄

Oh I have a few of these on social media....absolute liars.

I have a friend on FB that once discussed her trip to the sexual health clinic and telling the doctor that she has sex "often enough."

If that wasn't bad enough she then said a male nurse came into the room giving her loads of condoms because "she will need them as she is cute." Probably the fakest, most attention seeking status ever. I had to really hold myself back from saying "That didn't happen hun."

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Agreed this gets on my tits aswell. Same as the people that make pasta shapes with bolognaise and call it spag bol despite the fact there is no spaghetti. Silly but really annoys me.

Oh I have a few of these on social media....absolute liars.

I have a friend on FB that once discussed her trip to the sexual health clinic and telling the doctor that she has sex "often enough."

If that wasn't bad enough she then said a male nurse came into the room giving her loads of condoms because "she will need them as she is cute." Probably the fakest, most attention seeking status ever. I had to really hold myself back from saying "That didn't happen hun."
The last time someone asked me for my number (in the daytime and not out in a club or anyrhing) was when I was 18 and worked in a pub .. that was 12 years ago! I genuinely don't feel like people ask for phone numbers in broad bloody daylight these days? But it seems to happen every other week to her 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sorry to hear you went through this 😰 I think you’ve hit the nail on the head too - it’s as if you didn’t battle hard enough. When really, you’re at the mercy of medical science and, to some extent, luck. 😰
Somebody has to loose the battle, all too often cancer wins :(

Sick of seeing? The growth of cancel culture for one, people who believe fake facts and can't be asked to fact check before repeating the nonsense themselves as though their words were written stone and social media character assassination of individuals, families and groups who don't fit some agenda or other...there are more but thats a start.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
People who feel the need to tell people they've voted. It's the new "I've just had my jab" for a day at least.

Also, pics of dogs/kids at polling stations. I like dogs, I tolerate kids, but I'm not that interested that you took either of them to a polling station (it's also another roundabout way of telling people that you've voted).

Reactions: 13
People who feel the need to tell people they've voted. It's the new "I've just had my jab" for a day at least.

Also, pics of dogs/kids at polling stations. I like dogs, I tolerate kids, but I'm not that interested that you took either of them to a polling station (it's also another roundabout way of telling people that you've voted).
I have an American friend, she posted she had voted and I thought does she want a bloody medal? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
People moaning about not being able to go on holiday
To be fair, although I don’t moan about it on social media, I frequently moan about it in my own head - I think it’s a combination of firstly Coronavirus and also the lurking repercussions of Brexit and the removal of freedom to travel/live/work - it all feels a bit claustrophobic to me 🙈

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.