Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It annoys me that nobody has a hobby anymore, it's a business. Especially a lockdown business .
Someone local to me made 2 peices of jewellery, now has an insta account with a witty name and has a ' business '. They probably haven't sold anything .

I don't think it's a business unless hmrc know .
This!
Some girl will dip some strawberries in some chocolate,put them in a box and then upload ‘Treats by debs!’ £5 a box
Savage

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I was gonna post a few things on this thread but after reading a few posts it seems I’m guilty of more than one 🤣 however I’ve got a lot better as I’ve aged (the “memories” part of fb is now the equivalent of your Mam bringing the embarrassing kids pics out in front of friends/family/partners).
I suppose my main pet hate is people being disrespectful mostly on public posts under the excuse “freedom of speech”. Commonly known as trolling but also just people with half a brain cell on their soap boxes.

Reactions: 11
Videos on Insta which have the robotic voice of Google translate speaking over the video, rather than their actual voice. duck me if I hear another one I’m going to throw my phone out of the window.

Reactions: 9
It annoys me that nobody has a hobby anymore, it's a business. Especially a lockdown business .
Someone local to me made 2 peices of jewellery, now has an insta account with a witty name and has a ' business '. They probably haven't sold anything .

And then they post about “my little business”. It’s NOT A BUSINESS.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This!
Some girl will dip some strawberries in some chocolate,put them in a box and then upload ‘Treats by debs!’ £5 a box
Savage
Oh my gosh, this!!! I had a look on Etsy for a nice box of posh chocs, got bored of scrolling through all the ones that were just cadbury bars in a gift box or ferrerro rochers bouquets (I dunno how to spell those!). The price of them too!

I just wanted a box like milk tray, but nicer, ya know?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Photos of Princess Diana being superimposed onto other photos of royals.
Or any other ones they do
I think it’s SICK! There was a photo a few years ago, of one of the Cambridge kids (George or Charlotte I think) at their christening in the arms of Kate. And some weirdo, had put Diana into the picture ‘ghost like’ looking over the baby.
Just pure ridiculousness, and wrong.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

I get that this is annoying I make cakes and manage to sell a few obviously not enough to go self employed but it's still kinda nice to get orders I'd get more orders if I posted to social media but it's not a job and not legal but maybe she manages to go legal one day and make money from a hobby. So fair play to them, I find the multi level marketing worst 🙈. I also followed a few independent jewelry makers (just normal girls) because my bf has opal hunters on the TV most days.😂 I'm quite tempted tbf some pieces look stunning.

Reactions: 3
I don't know will this be unpopular but I can't stand seeing people repost happy birthday posts from their friend's insta stories to their own stories. It seems very cringe and narcissistic to me? "looks at all the people who said happy birthday to me!!!". I have a friend who gets angry at me each year because I say happy birthday to her privately and she outright gets pissy that I don't make a post for her. It's so bizarre to me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I don't know will this be unpopular but I can't stand seeing people repost happy birthday posts from their friend's insta stories to their own stories. It seems very cringe and narcissistic to me? "looks at all the people who said happy birthday to me!!!". I have a friend who gets angry at me each year because I say happy birthday to her privately and she outright gets pissy that I don't make a post for her. It's so bizarre to me.
Sounds more like low self-esteem when people do that. I think the term narcissist has become diluted these days.

Reactions: 10
A lot of footballers do this. Ah look who said Happy Birthday to me. Same with people like Kim K showing all her celeb mates reposting her gift to them like her new perfume oh look what Kim K gave me thank so much for my gift. 🙄

People who use ‘weary’ when they mean ‘wary’
Same with lose but put loose.

• Haha
Another one I have is accounts that request to follow you on Instagram, you accept, follow back and a short while later realise they unfollowed you. Basically they want a higher follower to following ratio and are sneakily trying to attain that ratio. A good few business insta accounts have done this to me and I just block them after. One of them, some lockdown healthy eating account, I actually messaged asked her why she requested to follow me if she was only going to unfollow me right after I followed her. Like she requested to follow me? What was the point? She didn't respond ha. Who cares about their follower ratio that much?!

Reactions: 20
Influencer complaining about “haters” and the bad comments their receive on their physical appearance when they’re the first ones promoting unrealistic beauty standards by editing their pictures to death and by ALWAYS using beauty filters on their stories

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The fashion, I just don’t get some of it or is it because I’m getting old. Most seem to wear the same stuff and I know that’s how fashion has worked for years, some people follow a certain trend but it’s at the point where it seems most on social media wear the same styles, like exactly the same.

People who post things like “Wash load on, bathroom cleaned and hoovered everywhere now time to pick up little man from school” on Facebook 🤮🤮🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Inspired from the MLM thread - people who post a carefully staged photo with a cutesy set-up (laptop, cup of coffee/tea is a must) and a scenic view with the caption 'This is my office xxx' or some other I'm better than you type drivel

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Humble bragging or bragging disguised as asking for help / advice (see below) 🙄 Just post your picture and go hun, you live in a bleeping mansion, we get it.
78C5EF7A-9231-48B4-A480-2739F3A35778.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.