Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The word 'gaslighting' becoming overused and used incorrectly. The first time I heard it used properly was when the girlfriend of that Shaun bloke off Strictly accused him of it. Now not a day goes by without some social media hun moaning (incorrectly) about some bloke or ex gaslighting them. A serious concept getting reduced to meaningless buzz words.

Your boyfriend preferring to play xbox than watch your chick flick of choice is not gaslighting (just the example that set me off).
Add-on for people who overuse 'sociopath' and 'narcissist' to describe people they don't particularly get along with. As someone who's met a fair few real narcissists, and had friends who've experienced abuse at the hands of people like that, it reduces a terrifying concept to a cheap Twitter buzzword, and ironically often contributes to the poster's victim narrative!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
People referring to their husbands/partners as 'hubby', and husbands referring to their wives as 'the missus' or 'wifey'. Also, it's not something that really annoys me but it's very confusing when straight girls post pictures of friends with captions like 'hanging out with my girlfriend xxx love you so much!!' or 'she's my wife, love her xx'!!!!! maybe it's just that the people who do that most in my life are the ones who used to be insanely homophobic

• Haha
Reactions: 15
We all know tomorrow social media will be full of Easter egg hunts and pictures of all the Easter eggs they've brought their kids! 😒

Reactions: 11
Add-on for people who overuse 'sociopath' and 'narcissist' to describe people they don't particularly get along with. As someone who's met a fair few real narcissists, and had friends who've experienced abuse at the hands of people like that, it reduces a terrifying concept to a cheap Twitter buzzword, and ironically often contributes to the poster's victim narrative!
Only a true Sociopathic narcissist could come with a post like that :eek: o_O:censored:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Influencers clothing hauls, with the clicking of fingers and jumping etc where are we going with all these clothes

Reactions: 19
People who proudly post at silly o clock in the morning that they’ve done all of that days housework and got the dinner done. Well round of applause for you then 🤨👏🏻

Reactions: 12
People who proudly post at silly o clock in the morning that they’ve done all of that days housework and got the dinner done. Well round of applause for you then 🤨👏🏻
''i'm adulting!!'' nah, you're performing basic household tasks that most people over the age of 15/16 should be able to do? (like, OK, if the person posting has mental health issues then fair enough - it's genuinely a big success when you're depressed but manage to get out of bed/eat/wash clothes - but otherwise it's very cringeworthy)

Reactions: 13
Pictures of Easter egg piles, they are worse than present pile pics. One person on my fb has gone totally over the top, I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many eggs in someone’s house. The thought of them spending all that time lining all the eggs up to get that perfect pic for social media made me laugh. How long did that take you hun? I swear Easter was never made into such a huge thing when I was a kid. I got Easter eggs but it was all very low key and I don’t remember being super excited about it (maybe my upbringing was boring🤣). It’s almost like another Christmas these days some parents even get their kids easter presents.

Reactions: 27
We all know tomorrow social media will be full of Easter egg hunts and pictures of all the Easter eggs they've brought their kids! 😒
With boomerangs on Instagram of someone waving an Easter egg of chocolate near their mouth, probably. Just eat the chocolate.

• Haha
Pictures of Easter egg piles, they are worse than present pile pics. One person on my fb has gone totally over the top, I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many eggs in someone’s house. The thought of them spending all that time lining all the eggs up to get that perfect pic for social media made me laugh. How long did that take you hun? I swear Easter was never made into such a huge thing when I was a kid. I got Easter eggs but it was all very low key and I don’t remember being super excited about it (maybe my upbringing was boring🤣). It’s almost like another Christmas these days some parents even get their kids easter presents.
Chiming in to agree, it's distasteful to show off excess imo. If you want to go big and over spoil, then go knock your socks off, but, if the only reason you're doing it is so you can post such photos on SM, then you're tacky.

I've seen one tonight, all set up for the kids to wake up to, they're both under ten and must have twenty eggs each, some of the massive ones too. Their mum captioned it gleefully laughing at those who have struggled to get hold of Easter Eggs this weekend and how they should have started early like she did. Juts think that's really mean to be so proud of your haul when you know others have struggled. (I know leaving it so late is a bad idea, but, there normally are more eggs left any other Good Friday/Easter Saturday)

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Chiming in to agree, it's distasteful to show off excess imo. If you want to go big and over spoil, then go knock your socks off, but, if the only reason you're doing it is so you can post such photos on SM, then you're tacky.

I've seen one tonight, all set up for the kids to wake up to, they're both under ten and must have twenty eggs each, some of the massive ones too. Their mum captioned it gleefully laughing at those who have struggled to get hold of Easter Eggs this weekend and how they should have started early like she did. Juts think that's really mean to be so proud of your haul when you know others have struggled. (I know leaving it so late is a bad idea, but, there normally are more eggs left any other Good Friday/Easter Saturday)
Oh, so that's why they were sold out!! Proper miffed, because I used to always buy them when they were reduced - can't justify spending 5+ quid on an egg ;-;

• Haha

It’s so gross isn’t it! Acting smug like that is so tasteless and unnecessary, there’s usually loads of eggs left after Easter and there’s no need for people to be greedy. I also hate it when people act like they ‘accidentally’ bought too many eggs and they’re like “I think I went a little overboard...” you think??? Why are you posting this am I supposed to be impressed? Unless you’re giving away free chocolate I’m not interested. Enjoy having sicky children tomorrow night from too much chocolate😆

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh, so that's why they were sold out!! Proper miffed, because I used to always buy them when they were reduced - can't justify spending 5+ quid on an egg ;-;
Don't blame you! Easter eggs are extortion for what you actually get!!!

Just wait for tomorrow though; all the supermarkets are shut rant posts are coming.... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.