Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading this thread makes me appreciate that with the handful of friends I have on FB and the fact I use FB mainly for feeds I don't suffer the bullshit people are posting here.

Reactions: 12
Just seen this on Instagram
How I organise my fridge
Really? Why is this needed?
What next how I organise my underwear draw? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just seen this on Instagram
How I organise my fridge
Really? Why is this needed?
What next how I organise my underwear draw? 🙄
These morons should read the Daily Mail, they have lots of articles about boring as duck stuff like this. :LOL:

Oh how to organise my sex toys springs to mind, that's mainly because I'm a sad lonely bugger who hasn't
had a shag in 30 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
These morons should read the Daily Mail, they have lots of articles about boring as duck stuff like this. :LOL:

Oh how to organise my sex toys springs to mind, that's mainly because I'm a sad lonely bugger who hasn't
had a shag in 30 years.
Very nearly spat my cuppa out just then 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I really don't get people posting memories on Facebook, as in a post from years ago, not actual happy memories. I can sort of see the sense if it's a special day or moment, a really nice picture even, but, I see some people sharing these memories and it's some crappy meme, or one of those passive aggressive wordy quotes.

The photos from the original post are there in the person's photo album, so why repost them a year later? I don't get it at all lol!

Reactions: 16
People on Facebook who just brag endlessly about everything that their children do. I mean they could fart and there would be a gushing essay about it. I get being proud of your children, I’m proud of mine too, but this one specific person literally does not stop. She documents everything about her child’s life and is a massive over sharer.

Also, those parents who act like they’re the first ones to have a child and post constantly about what you should and shouldn’t do as if they know better. Piss off and get a hobby. 😂
I used to have someone who'd post photos of her breastfeeding. I don't have problems with breastfeeding, but why post a photo of it?

Reactions: 12
I used to have someone who'd post photos of her breastfeeding. I don't have problems with breastfeeding, but why post a photo of it?
I have to agree. They always say “normalising breastfeeding” and while that’s absolutely fine and good, is there really a need for about a million pics of you doing it? It can come across as being a bit smug to some of us who, for whatever reason, couldn’t breastfeed our children but wanted to.

Reactions: 16
Been kinda following a lass on Twitter for a while now, and she's really starting to get on my nerves. Every day there are constant pleas for validation, she triple-retweets pictures of her face and 'calls out' people who don't like them or who unfollow her (showing that she's checking that stuff constantly), fishes for sympathy and in general acts like she's about 15. Her 'fanbase' seems to be exclusively made up of gullible men simps and a handful of sweet women who occasionally post a 'get well soon' message or send their regards. She deletes tweets a lot, but I tend to remember them all as I'm a sad bastard with nothing better to do, lmao.
One of them was a sad message about a relatives' death, telling us that she was going to be off social media for a while - even I felt sympathy for her there, and wished her good luck. Two hours later - back posting about irrelevant stuff and searching for likes!! She also posted and deleted a story of a stalker, though I distinctly remember her (on her private account) posting something about believing that 'attractive' women deserved the abuse they got???? At the time it really changed my opinion of her, as it was extremely bitter and vindictive, suggesting that she was 'worth more' than them because

It's a bit grim to see this woman regress so much, as I followed her years and years ago, albeit on Tumblr then .... I was 14 or 15 and she was a huge role model to me, and now despite having less to worry about (in theory) - a boyfriend, lovely and supportive family, lots of friends ... she's a much worse person than she used to be.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
My pet hate is when people share a missing child post but it clearly has this on it:

**********Updated has been found safe thanks to all who shared*************** 8 hrs ago

It really really pisses me off I know people are just trying to be helpful but FFS read the post first for all our sake. Also people sharing missing pet posts from other countries 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Been kinda following a lass on Twitter for a while now, and she's really starting to get on my nerves. Every day there are constant pleas for validation, she triple-retweets pictures of her face and 'calls out' people who don't like them or who unfollow her (showing that she's checking that stuff constantly), fishes for sympathy and in general acts like she's about 15. Her 'fanbase' seems to be exclusively made up of gullible men simps and a handful of sweet women who occasionally post a 'get well soon' message or send their regards. She deletes tweets a lot, but I tend to remember them all as I'm a sad bastard with nothing better to do, lmao.
One of them was a sad message about a relatives' death, telling us that she was going to be off social media for a while - even I felt sympathy for her there, and wished her good luck. Two hours later - back posting about irrelevant stuff and searching for likes!! She also posted and deleted a story of a stalker, though I distinctly remember her (on her private account) posting something about believing that 'attractive' women deserved the abuse they got???? At the time it really changed my opinion of her, as it was extremely bitter and vindictive, suggesting that she was 'worth more' than them because

It's a bit grim to see this woman regress so much, as I followed her years and years ago, albeit on Tumblr then .... I was 14 or 15 and she was a huge role model to me, and now despite having less to worry about (in theory) - a boyfriend, lovely and supportive family, lots of friends ... she's a much worse person than she used to be.
Gotta be cruel to be kind comes to mind. Or mute her. I can on the Twitter I use, or mute her name. Bet she wants to be an influencer. Good luck!

Reactions: 1
People who 'check in' to hospital on bleeping facebook. Just duck off and stop it.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Gotta be cruel to be kind comes to mind. Or mute her. I can on the Twitter I use, or mute her name. Bet she wants to be an influencer. Good luck!
Have done, but the temptation to check her feed is always there!! I guess I'm either a sucker for the drama or I genuinely feel a bit sorry for her (grits teeth)

Reactions: 1
There's someone I know who has spent the last year ranting about anyone who broke lockdown rules and the last couple of months has been posting none stop pictures where she is clearly breaking the rules! So hypocrisy is my biggest bug bear on social media!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have to agree. They always say “normalising breastfeeding” and while that’s absolutely fine and good, is there really a need for about a million pics of you doing it? It can come across as being a bit smug to some of us who, for whatever reason, couldn’t breastfeed our children but wanted to.
Also why do people assume everyone cares how you feed your child? The more people post about normalising breastfeeding makes me think it’s not normal because you don’t see people posting pics of their bottle fed kids in the same attention seeking way. I’ve muted a few old school friends and work colleagues who turned in to the biggest Mum bores with huge chips on their shoulder about everything to do with how they’re raising their child. Nobody cares - ring your Mum or someone who does. I’m sure some people just like getting irate even though they’ve never directly been affected by something.

• Heart
All the 'Oh, you're enjoying the sunshine? I'm enjoying it better!' type pictures.

Social media definitely takes 'keeping up with the Jones'' and multiplies it x1000

• Heart
People posting how excited they are at meeting up outside households, then posting a hundred photos from an overcrowded beach/park, acting like they've being living in caves this whole time, when in fact they've been meeting up and breaking the rules the entire time and documenting that on SM.

The people who kept to the rules are just posting a happy pic here and there (I'm guilty of that!) it's the ones who got a year off on furlough whilst breaking every rule possible that seem to be the ones going hard on celebrating the lifting restrictions and proclaiming how hard done they've been!

Reactions: 14
The word 'gaslighting' becoming overused and used incorrectly. The first time I heard it used properly was when the girlfriend of that Shaun bloke off Strictly accused him of it. Now not a day goes by without some social media hun moaning (incorrectly) about some bloke or ex gaslighting them. A serious concept getting reduced to meaningless buzz words.

Your boyfriend preferring to play xbox than watch your chick flick of choice is not gaslighting (just the example that set me off).

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
People who 'check in' to hospital on bleeping facebook. Just duck off and stop it.
Even worse are the cuntbuckets who post themselves with a cannula hooked up to an IV with the thumbs up tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
More related to influencers, but the weird bent pose they do, its soooo ANNOYING. makes them look deformed.

These 2 are the worst for it. Just stand normally for love of god
Gotta get your pose on in B&Q 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.