Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who share posts about missing dogs/someone flashing them in the park/I’ve found a bank card posts....without checking to see that it’s in the opposite end of the country from them and all their followers
My friend does this all the time, drives me nuts. Yesterday a caravan from Cornwall and we live in the North, I am sure she goes looking for them. We will be having busy roads in Somerset and Scotland today but why do I want to know. :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh god yeah another thing I’m sick of seeing is ILLEGAL raffles on Facebook. I’m not from the best area and have accumulated some dodgy Facebook friends over the years who often post selfies from their jail cells (nice). Anyway when they’re not in prison a lot of them seem to be involved in setting up these massive raffles where it’s usually £50 a ticket and the prize will be a big flat screen TV, a new iPhone, stuff like that. It is awful because the people buying the tickets clearly don’t have a lot of money, usually single mums on universal credit, so £50 is a lot for them to fork out in the hope they’ll win this TV or whatever it is. As I understand it, raffles in the UK are illegal unless it’s for a charity as it’s a form of gambling and you need to have a license. I just hate seeing all these naive people being taken advantage of. It was particularly bad before Christmas with games consoles etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
The bizarre dance routines tik frigging tok. 1 person dancing and sometimes mouthing the words of the song and dancing or arms turning around and other bizarre actions! You know what I mean 🤣🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 24
People who post a picture a of their meal and spend ages taking it, to get it right.

Dog accounts. I could stand if it's like a blog, but not actually pretending to be the dog, and sending the owner a message.

Be kind, then slag someone off.

Full time mummy. It's actually insulting to women who work.

Reactions: 20
The over exposure of kids on Instagram. Stop selling your soul and kids for a free jacket from tesco 🙄 some of these kids have no privacy or safety. These mums post where they live, what school uniforms they wear, when they are at clubs, or their dads etc
They post everything. On fopp's thread yesterday someone pointed out that she's posted so much with little regard for safety that they knew where she lived, what time she was out and the house was empty and where the kids would be. It's so dangerous 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
One of my Facebook "friends" uploaded a video of her toddler daughter completely naked a while ago. I barely know this person anymore and haven't spoken to them for years so I dread to think who else she has as a "friend" on there. It's not the first time either as there have been plenty of photos in the bath too..

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
My nan shares lost dog posts that are either really old or the dog was lost miles and miles away from where we are. For some reason she always includes her full postcode on the post and I don’t know why. So instead of just typing ‘shared’ she will put ‘shared de98 5ke’?????🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 18
My wife and my mother in law have posted a Happy Birthday post with accompanying photos to my father in law. The F-I-L isn't even on facebook and hates it passionately.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Posts like this on the local Facebook groups. The comments have descended into chaos because no one knows if someone’s cat got stolen or someone’s catalytic converter got stolen😅
F9243928-08DA-4BAC-8672-519955CBBD3B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Facebook and Instahuns blaming the 'algorithm' for their 'reach' being low and then begging you to share their posts advertising their tacky wares.

It's not the algorithm luv, nobody's interested in your etched chopping boards 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 30
People on Facebook who just brag endlessly about everything that their children do. I mean they could fart and there would be a gushing essay about it. I get being proud of your children, I’m proud of mine too, but this one specific person literally does not stop. She documents everything about her child’s life and is a massive over sharer.

Also, those parents who act like they’re the first ones to have a child and post constantly about what you should and shouldn’t do as if they know better. Piss off and get a hobby. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
People on Facebook who just brag endlessly about everything that their children do. I mean they could fart and there would be a gushing essay about it. I get being proud of your children, I’m proud of mine too, but this one specific person literally does not stop. She documents everything about her child’s life and is a massive over sharer.

Also, those parents who act like they’re the first ones to have a child and post constantly about what you should and shouldn’t do as if they know better. Piss off and get a hobby. 😂
That's why I've never had Facebook. Years ago was invited by mate so asked her what gets posted she showed me: babies being fed, babies crawling or bring changed. I really could not care less what the little darlings had to eat or how far they crawled. Tedious. I get family keeping in touch with one another but jeez give us a break!
Yes get a hobby and dont film it🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That's why I've never had Facebook. Years ago was invited by mate so asked her what gets posted she showed me: babies being fed, babies crawling or bring changed. I really could not care less what the little darlings had to eat or how far they crawled. Tedious. I get family keeping in touch with one another but jeez give us a break!
Yes get a hobby and dont film it🤣
I mean, I’d never video either of my sons having their bums changed in the first place, never mind sharing it for everyone to see.
The same parent above thinks nothing of posting pictures of her daughter with her clothes off too then kicks off when it gets reported by someone and goes on a rant. Makes me very uncomfortable - no I didn’t report, but someone else obviously felt the same for her to have it removed.

Another one is parents who share videos of their children (obviously with ASD or other SEN) having meltdowns. How must that child feel? They’re already in a vulnerable position, the last thing they need is a camera in their face and it shoved on social media for attention. My sons are both on the spectrum (one awaiting diagnosis) and I would never do that to them for any amount of “awareness.” It’s so cruel.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I mean, I’d never video either of my sons having their bums changed in the first place, never mind sharing it for everyone to see.
The same parent above thinks nothing of posting pictures of her daughter with her clothes off too then kicks off when it gets reported by someone and goes on a rant. Makes me very uncomfortable - no I didn’t report, but someone else obviously felt the same for her to have it removed.

Another one is parents who share videos of their children (obviously with ASD or other SEN) having meltdowns. How must that child feel? They’re already in a vulnerable position, the last thing they need is a camera in their face and it shoved on social media for attention. My sons are both on the spectrum (one awaiting diagnosis) and I would never do that to them for any amount of “awareness.” It’s so cruel.
So true. Hopefully you and your sons get what you need. Sorry if not put right just not sure how to word it. You know what I mean. ❤
You get people posting this and that then claim privacy! If you are posting it is there for all to see! Easy solution don't post what you don't what people to know 😉

Reactions: 4
Okay maybe I’m just a Scrooge/vampire but every time there’s a bit of sun and people are all ‘I can’t believe this weather!’ 🙄 sun is a thing, rare I know in the U.K. but it’s not some new phenomenon it happens every year

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.