Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pictures of very average looking Sunday roasts.
Someone I used to know would put photos of her very average looking meals on Instagram hashtagged #nofilter

It was so funny. Why do that? It’s not like her food looked SO incredibly good, it had people scratching their heads wondering whether she’d used a filter or not.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Mrs Hinch and the way everyone recommends that my boyfriend I and follow her because we are buying a house this year. No thanks 🙅🏼‍♀️ I don’t want to see her grey house all over my Instagram nor do I need cleaning tips from her, my mum taught me well enough. Just fed up of everyone recommending her as if she’s the first person in the world to clean her house.

Reactions: 55
Mrs Hinch and the way everyone recommends that my boyfriend I and follow her because we are buying a house this year. No thanks 🙅🏼‍♀️ I don’t want to see her grey house all over my Instagram nor do I need cleaning tips from her, my mum taught me well enough. Just fed up of everyone recommending her as if she’s the first person in the world to clean her house.
Absolutely spot on. Her house just looks the same as every other influencer out there, dull, grey and soulless. I honestly don't understand why everyone thinks this woman invented cleaning.

I don't and have never followed her, but years ago when all the hype around her first started, I checked out a few of her insta stories to see what was so marvellous about her. Not one cleaning thing she done was anything that I didn't already know. Like you said, our mother's taught us how to clean long before Hinch came along.

And if anyone is old enough to remember, there was a cleaning show on TV years ago called Kim & Aggie. These women went around cleaning peoples houses and giving tips. An almighty lot of the same tips that Hinch then copied years later. So nothing people didn't already know.

Reactions: 37
The holier-than-thou people posting photos of food saying "oh, just off to the food bank" are the worst. It feels wrong to use someone else's suffering as a way to make you look good.
Ugh this! Where I work we have a donation box where people can drop in tins etc for the local food bank. The people that donate to it never make a big deal, they'll buy a little extra in the shop and then say don't bag that I'll drop it into the food bank box on my way out.

The worst ones are the volunteers that pick up the donations. They take a photo next to the box to let people know "look at how much food I've collected from the food bank today". I feel like smacking the phone out of the hand of the person taking the photo and screaming at them "you didn't donate, I never see you donate, you just pick it up".

Reactions: 10
Articles popping up on my feed about women who are 'mortified' that their kid has taken one of their sex toys to school (or some other salacious problem to that effect). They are always 'mortified' yet somehow are absolutely OK about posing for a story about it for LadBible/The Sun/The Mirror, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
People trying to flog ‘sweet cones’ which is just a cone shape bag they’ve filled with flumps and sweets they bought from Home Bargains for a grand total of about 50p and wrapped a bit of ribbon round the top, trying to sell them for £5 a pop. No hun I’ll just go to Home Bargains myself thanks 😂

Someone on my Facebook runs a baking business, the cakes etc look nice but she’s always posting pictures of her kids with cake mix all over them and sticky fingers near the finished product, makes me itch 🤣 it seems a fairly successful ‘business’ but I do wonder if these people are paying tax or have appropriate hygiene certificates.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Omg that over priced Lumi Spa for your face and those pathetic Keytone drinks.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
People trying to flog ‘sweet cones’ which is just a cone shape bag they’ve filled with flumps and sweets they bought from Home Bargains for a grand total of about 50p and wrapped a bit of ribbon round the top, trying to sell them for £5 a pop. No hun I’ll just go to Home Bargains myself thanks 😂

Someone on my Facebook runs a baking business, the cakes etc look nice but she’s always posting pictures of her kids with cake mix all over them and sticky fingers near the finished product, makes me itch 🤣 it seems a fairly successful ‘business’ but I do wonder if these people are paying tax or have appropriate hygiene certificates.
The sweet thing is crazy. People just pile them in any sort of fancy looking box and then raffle it off raking in profits. I can't believe people actually go for it. No doubt next up will be all the 'Easter treat boxes' or something ridiculous.

Reactions: 14
Influencer's who's every couple of fashion photos are in a multi storey car park 🛑😠

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Influencer's who's every couple of fashion photos are in a multi storey car park 🛑😠
I've even seen a few actually sitting on the floor of some of the right manky looking ones. 😳 Baffles me how they think that makes for a good picture.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
People posting that they are breaking lockdown rules. In particular young 18/19 year olds who seem to have 20 friends and all meet up at once 🙄

Reactions: 8

My cousin set up at Facebook sweetie cone “business” on Facebook a few years ago. Let’s just say it didn’t last long because there were probably 50 women in her local area trying to make a quick buck doing the same.

I said the same about hygiene certificates the other day 🤢

Reactions: 7
I'm bored to death of seeing guilt tripping posts from small businesses right now. I know people are doing what they can to make money in the pandemic but I don't want to buy your greeting cards or your wax melts 😭 I don't care so much about the businesses existing, its the posts that are like "I know my REAL friends will support my small business". Babe I like you but I'm skint too and I don't need anything you're selling

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The latest in my area is that dog thieves are apparently tying cable ties around lampposts of the houses that have dogs to steal.

There’s so much wrong with this that I’m not even sure where to start.
Oh god, is that still doing the rounds 🤣 I’ve come off FB as it felt like a little bit of me died every time I scrolled through the stupidity on my feed 😖

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.