Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, do these people have hygiene certificates? I didn’t think you were allowed to sell foodstuffs from home without one? I suspect a lot of them don’t.

This morning’s annoyance - influencers who say “sneak peak”. It’s peek. PEEK! To peek is to look at something, a peak is the top of a bleeping mountain. Aaaaargh!
Hate sneak peek!!
Closely followed by ‘something exciting is happening’ or ‘all will be revealed’
duck off

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
When people build up a big following (not influencers, just normal people) then change their account to one for their baby.

I barely know you I don’t want to follow your 6 month old!

Reactions: 16
People posting videos of their feral children misbehaving. Your 2 year old is drawing all over your walls (again), how about put your phone down and take the pen off of him. Your toddler is screaming blue murder and throwing things across the aisle in Tesco? How about put your phone down and deal with them. It’s not funny or cute. The people I mean aren’t showing a one off thing either it’s every other day a video of their kids being “spirited” 🙄 and them clearly being more interested in Instagram stories than showing them any kind of boundaries or discipline.

Reactions: 40
I think when people, including celebrities, royals and politicians can't make a gesture without showing everyone how awesome they are for doing it something has gone wrong with society.
The holier-than-thou people posting photos of food saying "oh, just off to the food bank" are the worst. It feels wrong to use someone else's suffering as a way to make you look good.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Formally does not mean before/previously. That’s formerly.

- formally
/ˈfɔːməli/

adverb
in accordance with convention or etiquette.
"he was formally attired"
officially.
"the Mayor will formally open the new Railway Centre"

(This could also go in the ‘annoying things your colleagues do’ thread!!

Reactions: 9
The phrase ‘relateable’.... ‘I drank three bottles of wine before driving and crashing into a lamp post, Omg I’m sooo ditzy but this is me being rEaL! I just want to show you all that I’m just like you, sooo rElAtEaBle!’ *stuffs face with junk food* ugh

• Haha
Reactions: 14
People who share posts about missing dogs/someone flashing them in the park/I’ve found a bank card posts....without checking to see that it’s in the opposite end of the country from them and all their followers

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Manifesting, what the bloody hell does this even mean? Just read a post from a halfwit who insists she was 'manifesting' all through her pregnancy so she would have a calm, relaxed baby. According to her it worked.😳 Doesn't every one hope for a calm baby, never heard anyone sat gee hope I get the kid that screams non stop 23 hours a day?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I’ve had a few white vans drive round recently...thanks to social media my first thought is ‘are they casing houses to rob?’ 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Manifesting, what the bloody hell does this even mean? Just read a post from a halfwit who insists she was 'manifesting' all through her pregnancy so she would have a calm, relaxed baby. According to her it worked.😳 Doesn't every one hope for a calm baby, never heard anyone sat gee hope I get the kid that screams non stop 23 hours a day?
It's the belief that if you want something strong enough and focus on it hard and long enough that you can put good vibes out into the universe and the universe rewards you by granting your wish.

If the universe doesn't grant your wish you haven't manifested it hard enough yet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
bleeping weirdos on Twitter who are like ‘My 3 year old just said Mummy *in depth analysis of trendy political topic*. If a toddler can see this, why can’t the government?’. Can you not just post your opinions without lying about your child to make a point?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
There seems to be SO many 'is this cat lost' posts at the moment.

Now, I LOVE cats and I'm all here for reuniting cats and their owners.

But a cat so much as puts a paw in someone's garden and it's like "seen this cat in my garden, looks really healthy and happy, anyone missing it?!"
I've recently started following the local cats protection branch as looking to get a cat and they post up those needing a home but it is 95% "this cat has been visiting a house in X Road and the person it's visiting wants to check it has a home". They all looked well cared for and happy, they're not strays looking for a home....they're just having a wander of the local area. Stop feeding it and trying to make it yours!!

Reactions: 11
Car park pictures with designer handbag. Just why? Oh look here I am parked my car up got barely any clothes on and have to take picture of me in car park with my designer handbag or maybe even fake one! Don't get it. Sorry to old I guess. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 31
The latest in my area is that dog thieves are apparently tying cable ties around lampposts of the houses that have dogs to steal.

There’s so much wrong with this that I’m not even sure where to start.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.