Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably already mentioned but all the narcissist 'influencers' preaching to us that we shouldn't compare our 'normal' bodies to those on Instagram.
Sod right off, I don't and I don't need you posing in a bikini to help....thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Not something I’m sick of seeing as I’ve only seen this once but what in the name of good duck is this about. A grown man did this. I would be mortified if my husband did this.
Everything is wrong with this. The bloke who did this is a twit. I'm almost speechless.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Everyone doing something for an awareness week and next week, doesn't care.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
#ads declared and undeclared - get my goat. You start following someone and they don't do ads so it's all good but it doesn't last. How anyone follows Jac Tossa is beyond me she is100% ads or begging stories.

Posts that show the arse-kissing comments they apparently receive (all good for the ego)

Telling 4 million people they don'y know how much they love them (to the moon and back even!)

Trying to be humble while living in million pound houses with their top of the range luxury cars outside.

Complaints about trolls

People who post a picture a of their meal and spend ages taking it, to get it right.

Dog accounts. I could stand if it's like a blog, but not actually pretending to be the dog, and sending the owner a message.

Be kind, then slag someone off.

Full time mummy. It's actually insulting to women who work.
Who work full time AND have children!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Kisses on messages to people who are not your loved ones. Just saw a friend of mine ask a company "How much is this table please? Xx".

Maybe it's a reflex 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Kisses on messages to people who are not your loved ones. Just saw a friend of mine ask a company "How much is this table please? Xx".

I just hate this in general. I wouldn’t kiss you after each sentence (or at all really) so why should I send you x’s after each message? Jog on

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m probably going to hell for this comment but whilst it’s an absolute tragedy about the little boy getting struck by lightning and my heart goes out to his family & friends of course. I fail to see how everyone posting nine football emojis jumping on yet another bandwagon does anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m probably going to hell for this comment but whilst it’s an absolute tragedy about the little boy getting struck by lightning and my heart goes out to his family & friends of course. I fail to see how everyone posting nine football emojis jumping on yet another bandwagon does anything.
I haven’t seen that, thank goodness. Absolute ghouls.

Reactions: 5
Agreed. It is terrible, but virtue-signalling band-wagon-jumping always looks chronic. 😖

Reactions: 12
People who post on their birthday "thanks to everyone who took the time to wish me happy birthday" - it sounds so passive aggressive like they're really telling everyone who didn't post that they're arseholes!
You've hit the nail on the head. It is really passive aggressive.

Reactions: 6
Seeing more and more pictures of peoples vaccine cards. I get people are excited about things going back to normal but I really don’t give a tit that you’ve had the vaccine and I certainly don’t need to see proof of it.

Yesterday someone on my Facebook made a post about her dad being really ill in hospital, they also included a picture of her with her sick dad in his hospital bed, barely conscious, oxygen mask on etc. This person is a good 20+ years older than me so expected better to be honest. It’s very sad that her dad isn’t well, but I deleted her straight away, got no time for such nonsense. Some things should remain private. A status talking about her dad is one thing but the picture sent me over the edge

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Everyone doing something for an awareness week and next week, doesn't care.
Or even worse...thinking that posting a heart on your profile or some other stupid pish is actually going to raise awareness.

I had a friend who was going through breast cancer have an absolute meltdown on Facebook about it when folk were posting shite like "I like it on the kitchen table..." seemingly to raise awareness of breast cancer (wtf?!) - she posted images of her scars and info about how to check properly for lumps etc. Apparently someone must have reported the images she shared as Facebook removed them, and she lost about half a dozen off her friends list.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
My wife's done this - I really don't want to say anything to her because whatever I say will make her feel bad, so I'm just keeping schtum.

Reactions: 5

I have a friend who I found out was putting kisses on emails she was sending to job applications. She said she thought it was rude not to sign off with kisses.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I have a friend who I found out was putting kisses on emails she was sending to job applications. She said she thought it was rude not to sign off with kisses.
Now that I have the Teams app on my phone I live in fear of signing off with xx by mistake to work colleagues.

Reactions: 3
Middle-aged mums on Facebook! When I was a teenager they drove me to quit! I couldn’t take the cringe!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.