Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t know that. So not the fluffy buy your mum a bunch of flowers and box of chocolates and let her put her feet up idea we’ve been sold by the shops.
Every days a school day 😅 being a mother, I'm totally up for having a day set aside where we can put our feet up and be spoiled, but even that doesn't happen so why bother at all. 🤷🏽‍♀️
---
View attachment 2040354

They’re getting longer too 🤣
This one doesn't have fur baby mums. I've also not seen any for mums of reptiles and fish or any other pet that isn't furry.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I swear they update this post to be more twee and vomit inducing every year. View attachment 2040260
Mums of fur babies 🙄
I have chosen not to be a mum I don’t need thoughts it’s just not a day that applies to me.
Why does everything have to apply to everyone these days?
I saw a similar post today but written as "mum's" for everything. Why is no one on social media able to use basic punctuation

Reactions: 15
I’m sick of social media in general right now. Most days I don’t even scroll, I’m on one Facebook group that covers where I go on holiday but that’s all I’m interested in. I notice a real dip in my mood and increased stress if I do scroll, maybe I’m too sensitive 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m sick of social media in general right now. Most days I don’t even scroll, I’m on one Facebook group that covers where I go on holiday but that’s all I’m interested in. I notice a real dip in my mood and increased stress if I do scroll, maybe I’m too sensitive 🤷‍♀️
I feel the same. I’m usually on here or YouTube now

Reactions: 7
Do people even wish their mums happy Mother’s Day in private anymore or is it just splashed all over social media? Fb is insufferable today. The HMD posts to the in laws are the funniest 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Do people even wish their mums happy Mother’s Day in private anymore or is it just splashed all over social media? Fb is insufferable today. The HMD posts to the in laws are the funniest 😂
I don’t get why people like posts where someone say a work colleague is wishing their mum happy Mother’s Day it’s bloody weird as hell .The in law ones are hilarious so much arse licking

Reactions: 5
Me too, I’m snoozing the people who annoy me. I’m only really going on for stuff in groups I’m in.

Reactions: 8
I saw someone today (she is early 40s) thanking her mum on fb (with a besch selfie) for giving her a good arse. I just 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I swear they update this post to be more twee and vomit inducing every year. View attachment 2040260
Mums of fur babies 🙄
I have chosen not to be a mum I don’t need thoughts it’s just not a day that applies to me.
This! The yearly list of people who need acknowledged on social media on Mother’s Day every year is ridiculous, but this one takes the biscuit. Why would Mothers Day need to be about someone who has chosen not to be a mother?!! I must be missing something.

I’m with the majority of commenters here about how it’s such a big thing, it really doesn’t need to be. I’m a mum and the best thing has been the handwritten card from my son saying I’m the best mum in the world. He’s still young and tells me regularly that he loves me, still holds my hand while walking to school. I know what I mean to him every day, not just today, that’s all I need. So of course today is otherwise just a normal day of housework, laundry and shopping 😂
---
Yes! This morning alone I’ve been bombarded with those “Thinking about those who want to be mothers / don’t speak to their mothers / lost their mothers”. These memes outnumber actual Mother’s Day posts now 🙄

The first year I saw them I thought they were a nice message. Now I think it’s virtue signalling bollocks and cheapens Mother’s Day.

Do people flood social media with similar memes for Father’s Day? No they do not.

View attachment 2040354

They’re getting longer too 🤣
“Happy Fathers Day to those who have chosen not to be fathers” 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Because everyone had to be inclusive.

I'm all for inclusivty, in the right context.
Excuse me while I go off to wish a dog that has just had some puppies as it must be feeling left out that she hasn't been wished a happy mother's day. That'll be next....

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Happy Mother's Day to those of us with grown-up, lazy-arsed brats who are still loafing around in bed with a hangover after last night's pub crawl
♥♥♥♥🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
“Happy St Patrick’s Day to: those who aren’t Irish; those who wish to be Irish; those who are Irish but moved away; those who want to be Irish; those who will never be Irish”

😝

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Because everyone had to be inclusive.

I'm all for inclusivty, in the right context.
Excuse me while I go off to wish a dog that has just had some puppies as it must be feeling left out that she hasn't been wished a happy mother's day. That'll be next....
I understand for things like children making cards in class to not just focus on mums but any significant person, for example, for.those who don't have mums... but for adults like this it just seems ridiculous

Reactions: 5
I have seen one poster thanking her daughters for making her a nanny and then putting ‘happy Nan day to me’!!!!
What the actual duck!!
It’s Mother’s Day
Not aunt
Not cousin
Not daughters
Not grandkids
Not nans
Jeez where the duck does it really end??

• Haha
  • Heart
I have seen one poster thanking her daughters for making her a nanny and then putting ‘happy Nan day to me’!!!!
What the actual duck!!
It’s Mother’s Day
Not aunt
Not cousin
Not daughters
Not grandkids
Not nans
Jeez where the duck does it really end??
I remember as a child learning that Japan has a children's day and complaining about it to my mum who replied "every day is children's day" 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
“Happy St Patrick’s Day to: those who aren’t Irish; those who wish to be Irish; those who are Irish but moved away; those who want to be Irish; those who will never be Irish”

😝
“Happy St Patrick’s Day to the Irish with fur babies”

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Worst thing is we’re going to have to go through this all again in June as Fathers Day seems to have been gatecrashed by single mothers point scoring.
“Happy Fathers Day to me being a mum & a dad as that hole doesn’t look near his own kid’

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.