Things Influencers influenced you to buy.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is it tit?
I just don’t think it’s any different from using regular cleaning products, and unless I was using it wrong then I didn’t find the scent lasted very long either. I just really don’t see the hype / understand why everyone thinks it’s so amazing?

Reactions: 4
That bright purple Mac lipstick called 'Heroine'. I went through a phase of being obsessed with purple makeup, didn't realise unless you have veneers, due to it being opposite yellow on the colour wheel, it makes your teeth look yellow😬

Reactions: 4
I just don’t think it’s any different from using regular cleaning products, and unless I was using it wrong then I didn’t find the scent lasted very long either. I just really don’t see the hype / understand why everyone thinks it’s so amazing?
I agreed I use it to do my floors and the smell is gone within an hour.

Reactions: 1
I bought a diffuser thing from Amazon that 40plusnotgivingupyet advertised and I actually love it. I also bought an ear cuff from Orelia on the back of another post from 40plusnotgivingupyet and it dropped off my ear somewhere in the house. I can't find the blasted thing despite much searching! It is definitely here somewhere as I haven't worn it out - bonus of lockdown I suppose. Its a good excuse not to hoover for a while until I find it.

• Haha
I've got 2 minky cloths and find they collect lots of hair/dust easily, so it's better to use other cloths and wipes as when I'm wiping the bits all on the minky just keep getting spread where I'm trying to clean if that makes any sense... Also when I need to rinse water/cleaning product out of them and squeeze them they lose shape. The only thing I like about them is you can wash in the washing machine and re-use.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Ghost greens supplement that some fitness influencers promote recently. I wanted to like it because I definitely haven't been eating enough veg and it's got probiotics. I also like some of other Ghost products. But greens is the rankest thing I've ever consumed and I'm not picky, I can drink any disgusting protein powder and eat extremely bland food if its contributing to my goals but that thing is just horrible. Nothing I tried mixing it with helps. It's also super overpriced.

I've got 2 minky cloths and find they collect lots of hair/dust easily, so it's better to use other cloths and wipes as when I'm wiping the bits all on the minky just keep getting spread where I'm trying to clean if that makes any sense... Also when I need to rinse water/cleaning product out of them and squeeze them they lose shape. The only thing I like about them is you can wash in the washing machine and re-use.
You can the usual dishcloths in the washing machine. I use the white dishcloths and use a clean one everyday then once a week I white wash them with bleach tablets. I did use to put them in the dishwasher also after each use when I put the dishwasher on.

Half of my handbags, Real Techniques, Zoflora, most of my skincare and makeup, a Zara obsession, Trinny London

An interesting article about dropshipping and he involvement of influencers.
Dropshipping BBC article
Favourite line (a quote) “...Influencers who care about the quality of product they promote are rare, or even non-existent.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Mrs Hinch (and I hate to say it!) elbow grease. I remember the smell as my mum must have used it growing up but I was impressed!

Tried Ava May wax melts. They were toss. Stunk of burnt wax very quickly. After trying a few from Insta and have been unimpressed, I now buy mine from a seller on eBay.

Spray mops - every cleaner account were using these at one time. Got myself a cheap one from home bargains. They are great for the bathroom.

Beaded, teething dummy clip - terrible experience with the seller. Put me off buying from Insta ever again.

Caroline Hirons skincare suggestions although I have now seen the light. To be fair I do like what I bought off her recommendations & did my own research for my skin type. The worse item is this crap hairdryer/brush thing which is utter tit what Kady McDermott was advertising

I bought a breville electric whisk that softens cold butter so you don’t have to wait for your butter to get to room temp before baking. Tbf I need a new one and it is decent.
When I was first on insta I followed loaaaads of beauty accounts and splurged a lot on higher end make up, trying to re create looks before I came to my senses and realised that I’d need fillers and botox to look like most of those people!!

I don't follow a lot of influencers / vloggers and somehow three of the girls I do follow - Kenza, Ashley Brook and Negin Mirsalehi - had fertility issues, specifically low ovarian reserve (low AMH). I'm 30 years old (similar to all three) and don't plan on having kids just yet, but yesterday after watching Negin's video it really hit me that maybe I don't really have a luxury of waiting for another couple of years.

So this morning I went and got my AMH levels tested and am now waiting for results. It's silly but of all the things I think something like that is a good "investment".

Reactions: 3
I don't follow a lot of influencers / vloggers and somehow three of the girls I do follow - Kenza, Ashley Brook and Negin Mirsalehi - had fertility issues, specifically low ovarian reserve (low AMH). I'm 30 years old (similar to all three) and don't plan on having kids just yet, but yesterday after watching Negin's video it really hit me that maybe I don't really have a luxury of waiting for another couple of years.

So this morning I went and got my AMH levels tested and am now waiting for results. It's silly but of all the things I think something like that is a good "investment".
Good for you! How much is that sort of thing? 30 is creeping close for me too and I have no kids

I paid 35 € so not too bad, especially comparing to all my impulsive Zara / H&M / Asos orders. 😂

• Heart