Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I’m wracking my brain here and can’t think of anything. Being naturally suspicious and tight with money has served me well :LOL:

Sometimes I quite like the look of something an influencer is flogging or just owns and loves (apparently), then I go on the website, check the price and nope the fuck out. If I really like it I’ll look for a budget alternative. I find myself quite easily influenced in terms of aesthetics but I very rarely buy the same products because I can’t justify the price

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I joined Instagram almost 5 years ago with a weight loss account. When the #ads took off (before they actually declared them ads) I was so brainwashed by those idiots! I’m ashamed to admit I bought a princess planning food diary for £6 ish and the lowest point for me was lo-dough! I actually believed those dicks when they said it was great and tasted just like real pizza! It was bloody awful and was like chomping through an old mouse mat 😂😂 a few times I nearly bought bloody jd seasonings just to see what they were like but then I found gomi and saw the error of my ways 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Yel

Chatty Member
bought the Oral-b glamourous white toothpaste as Zoella claimed it was brill so I thought I'd give it a try and I wasn't impressed. :LOL:
I remember when Zoella was flogging Colgate toothpaste and she said how she naturally had white teeth but it helped. Forgetting that she'd already vlogged the year before going to London to get her teeth whitened 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Zodastream

Bath bombs - They were crap
Wax melts - they were crap
Shit loads of cleaning products and cloths - they were crap
Then I stopped following, and woke up and now I don’t buy anything

• Haha
Reactions: 17

LittleMy

VIP Member
Cif Stainless Steel Cleaner thanks to Grinch. It’s been in my cupboard for about a year now. Think I’ve used it twice. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Genevieve

I was influenced to buy medjool dates because it was claimed that they were the same as caramels...news flash...they weren't!

• Haha
Reactions: 14

coconochanel

VIP Member
To be fair to mrs Hinch I did buy elbow grease after I first saw her using it and it’s bloody amazing!! I had grease above my cooker that I couldn’t shift and had tried loads of products! I used that on it and the grease literally dissolved and was gone after a wipe 😀

*Came to my senses*
Same, I bought elbow grease and my oven glass door came up gleaming.

Reactions: 12

Lyds26

THIS! I think it was also Zoella, I must admit I’m still really happy with it although they don’t sell it in Belgium so I always pick it up when I go back to the UK.
2AAC1900-073E-416E-953D-8228F265D5B8.jpeg

Reactions: 12
I joined Instagram almost 5 years ago with a weight loss account. When the #ads took off (before they actually declared them ads) I was so brainwashed by those idiots! I’m ashamed to admit I bought a princess planning food diary for £6 ish and the lowest point for me was lo-dough! I actually believed those dicks when they said it was great and tasted just like real pizza! It was bloody awful and was like chomping through an old mouse mat 😂😂 a few times I nearly bought bloody jd seasonings just to see what they were like but then I found gomi and saw the error of my ways 😂😂
Normally if someone is telling my to buy something on Instagram I will make sure I never do.. But I have been really wanting to try the JD hype. Is it really not worth it? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Cif Stainless Steel Cleaner thanks to Grinch. It’s been in my cupboard for about a year now. Think I’ve used it twice. 🙄
To be fair to mrs Hinch I did buy elbow grease after I first saw her using it and it’s bloody amazing!! I had grease above my cooker that I couldn’t shift and had tried loads of products! I used that on it and the grease literally dissolved and was gone after a wipe 😀

I have no idea because I cake to my senses before I bought them and realised I can make my own herb and spice blends by using google 🙌🏻
*Came to my senses*

Reactions: 8

tarahalls

Chatty Member
I’ve bought the foot scrubber fortyplusnotgivingupyet (some name like that, does try-ons with annoying Abi) recommended, which is fab & the lambs wool insoles wearsmymoney recommended, which are rubbish & I can’t get my feet in my shoes with them 🙄 Anytime anybody on IG tags something as #gift #ad #aff I no longer buy from that store/brand...so I guess that’s the complete opposite of influencing isn’t it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8

Meh

Chatty Member
I bought the Vileda mop and I love it but it was Hinch inspired. I agree with the comment about Elbow Grease: game changer for my extractor fan. Most other Hinch things is stuff my Mum has been using for years (pledge, zoflora, stainless steel cleaner, dettol etc.) so I don’t class them as “influencer” purchases cos my family used them before.

I tried JD seasoning once: absolutely shit Don’t waste your money on them.

I also bought a Shark BUT it was a well researched, extensively weighed up purchase and I waited 2 months to cash in on an amazon prime Black Friday flash sale and got it for the same price as a standard Vax (£130ish) still the best purchase I’ve made. Love it. Just shop about and be savvy if there is a big sale time coming up then wait it out. Never shop that type of thing from a swipe up. IMO that is!

Reactions: 7

FCD

I’m very ashamed of admitting it but I was stupidly influenced to buy a Vileda spray mop which I barely use and some Flash bathroom which gave my husband an asthma attack 😓 (I’m not criticising the product, just my stupidity as I knew I should have used natural products because of his asthma...)
No-one should be using any chemicals in their homes that cause asthma! Don’t feel you need to justify - pretty much all the products that Hinch etc sell are toxic crap that should come with serious health warnings. Avoid avoid avoid!!

Reactions: 7
Bought some stuff from Scousebird online and then realised it was fucking tat, that you could get it for far cheaper in Home Bargains or Ali Express and that the mark up she puts on her shit is ridiculous. Wanting us to believe she uses this stuff while being gifted left, right and centre and not being transparent with it.

Reactions: 6

rather not stop

Chatty Member
I bought an Emily Norris planner im so ashamed 😅 it didnt come till the end of fucking February so all my new years resoloutions had gone out the window by then so its just sat gathering dust 🤣
Got one for Christmas. Struggling to use it though as Wednesday is spelt wrong the whole way through!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A selfish mother “mother” hoodie which I cringe about now and never wear! What a rip off it was too and faded really badly after just a few washes

Fanaff

VIP Member
God I tried that lo-dough too, it was so disgusting! I tried one bite and binned the rest! I also tried nutribombs once and never ever again, they were vile!

Annoyed 2

Has anyone else noticed how many Dermalogica "skinfluencers'' appear to be on Instagram? Some of them with not a very big following and their feed doesn't really correlate with skincare either. That's another brand off my shopping list.

CrazyCatLady101

back in the day I sub'd to sooo many TY channels for make up and I was suckered in. I had to buy Mac as they all had it, new release after new release, limited edition....I was getting my friend in america to buy it and send it to me!!!( yes I was that bad) I also bought a pair of stud earrings from Michelle 1218 I think her name was....they were shit and fell apart BUT I THOUGHT I needed them as she made them!! also, I bought loads of Elle from Allthatglitters21 when she claimed she mad "making make up bags" ect. I swear I think I spent thousands. Now I want to go back and slap myself!! what a waste xx