Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tarrant On TV!! That was it!!
I dont remember the colour changing spoons but the Tutti Fruiti ice cream was my favourite.
I used to have a little bowl with floating candles too and those dragon eye stones!! I used to have dark purple walls a red lightbulb in my lamp and nag champa incense...my bedroom looked like a brothel I also had a blow up cushion with red feathers inside haha
Do you remember the clown necklace that everyone had, Elizabeth Duke? I was very goth at school way before emo was a thing so hated Elizabeth Duke with a passion.
My parents bought me a microphone and mic stand one xmas and me and my friend would pretend we was Shirley Manson and sing along to Garbage all the time. My mum didnt mind us drinking as long as it wasnt on the streets so she would bring us up a jug of taboo and lemonade or martini bianco and snacks

Reactions: 6

- David and Goliath merchandise with this image. Pretty sure most girls in my year had this poster in their room
- Adams kids clothes shop that had the apple logo on a moving projector over a hopscotch and you'd race the apple to finish the hopscotch while your mum was picking out your wardrobe
- Internationale clothes shop
- Mizz had a range of jewellery in Argos. I had the watch which I treasured honestly until I was about 14
- Girl Talk magazine then progressing on to Mizz, Shout and Sugar
- Smash Hits and Top of the Pops magazine with free tat
- Squeezit drinks that tasted suspiciously like plastic and looked phallic
- Safeways having a creche where you could be dumped while your parents did the weekly shop and you could only have one drink while you were there
- Shopping centre creches
- Mars Planets / Delights
- The Kit Kat version of Mars Delights that Girls Aloud promoted
- Taz bars (although they're now Freddo Caramels but still)
- Freddos costing 10p
- Salt and Pepper Walkers Sensations (think about these often)
- Next clothes emblazoned with the Next logo
- Octopus trousers
- Tammy Girl and their pants always on offer. Their sizes were also done by height.
- Kickers with the chunky heel

I could go on all day!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
God, I used to love The Racoons. Incidentally, my friends and I call going for a smear test 'going for a Cyril' after Cyril Sneer.

Reactions: 5
OMG I had that poster in my room (along with 50,000 ripped out NME pages of bands stuck to the wall I mostly couldn’t name one song, in a vain attempt to look cool)

Had totally forgotten about David & Goliath until now remember going to the shop in London with my dad and he bought me one of their slogan T Shirts which deeply offended my mum but can’t remember what it said, good times. all these have made me laugh so much.

Can anyone recall those Clearasil blackhead things? It was a little pot with some stuff you painted over your nose and then you would add one of the strips. And I'm old enough to remember Clearasil in the glass bottles, i rememeber a creamy looking one as well as the blue one.

Ha we have led very similar lives. I had a purple lightbulb in my room that looked red from outside!! With a blow up alien chair.

I was also a goth but a few years after the Elizabeth Duke phase. I remember that necklace. I didn't own it though as I mainly wear silver jewellery (and I thought it was ugly ). My mum was not as cool as yours though!

Tutti Frutti was definitely the best flavour!

Reactions: 3
This one? I don’t even know why this necklace design was a thing

Attachments

Floating candles ... with little coloured glass pebbles at the bottom of the bowl, and some candles shaped like roses
I had those, my cat used to drink the water and then remove the glass pebbles to get the last drops! I would find the pebbles all over the carpet!

The chocolate advert that used to go 'thank you very much for the christmas party thank you very much'. Someone sang it at work earlier & the rest of us in the room joined in straight away lol, funny how adverts stick in your head.

Reactions: 4
Fruit of the loom
I remember having a grey jogging suit set that I paired with a bright yellow t-shirt made by them and it was just the most hideous thing. Best part was my sister had the matching set
Hahahah, still very much available here in North America. Walmart sells it, mostly men's underwear.

Reactions: 1
This one? I don’t even know why this necklace design was a thing
My aunt bought me that one Christmas when I was about 14. I had to wear it to be polite, but I hated it. I'm SHOCKED at the price of it though. £90! I'm not sure what year that catalogue was, but it would have been around 1993/94 that I had it.

I feel a bit guilty now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.