Things Everyone Loves but you Hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sexual jokes or jokes about people's private parts... Sometimes is fine but some people have to throw some sort of sexual reference in every joke and they can't stop laughing!

Reactions: 5
might be unpopular but

"self care"/"be positivity" constantly being spouted on social media.

I'm a huge advocate for caring for you as a priority but the "always positive" brigade are the worst. It's just not realistic. Sometimes life is tit but you've got to get on with it. Self care is acknowledging that you're going through a rough patch but it's still paying the bill or doing the washing or tackling your to do list. It's not just bubble baths and candles. saying "be positive" constantly does sweet FA.

(Disclaimer: I am by no means telling those with mental health issues who struggle to do basic tasks to get on with it. I have had depression and there were times when getting out of bed felt like running a marathon. I'm just talking about those days when you feel a bit crappy and the people in general who just spout be positive.)
I agree with you whole heartedly.

My feel is that a lot of this intense “super positivity” on social media is very false and disingenuous.

I also feel like it’s creating a culture of people who can’t differentiate between online and real world. Online they have “safe spaces” where they can have “trigger warnings” for their “struggles/triggers” and if they get any (and I mean any) dissent/challenge/constructive feedback on their “platforms” they scream“TROLL” and then delete, block and #cancel.

This leads to a false sense of security.

THen the REAL WORLD happens to these delicate souls... and well they just are not resilient enough to cope.

Reactions: 2
Sexual jokes or jokes about people's private parts... Sometimes is fine but some people have to throw some sort of sexual reference in every joke and they can't stop laughing!
Where do you stand on fart jokes?

My 15 year old is pretty much the only person I know who doesn’t find farts funny.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I hate gin and tonic. I don’t get the hype. I particularly hate the giant glasses they serve them in. It’s like drinking out of a bloody aquarium. Looks ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Cider, always smells a bit like vomit to me. (See also: champagne.)

Summer
Children
Ed Sheeran
Children group singing (🤢)
Live, laugh, love on the wall
Jamie Oliver

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hate the beach the thought of it is nice but reality is it’s always overcrowded on warm days you get covered in sand the sand always gets in my kids eyes they scream for 10 minutes while I panic to get it out if you go into the water your left feeling icky whole drive home is awful you feel disgusting I much prefer walks in the beach then beach days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.