Things Everyone Loves but you Hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this is going to sound unpopular but gogglebox you’re watching people watch tv

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Birthdays and paying in for peoples’ birthday collections (I’m not tight, just hate what they spend my money on, it’s never a meaningful gift)
Secret bloody Santa 🤬
Any other organised fun, especially at work
Yes, yes, yes!

I hate after work drinks with colleagues, and now it’s turned into after work Zoom quizzes. Seriously CBA. I spend enough of my time with the fuckers already.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes, yes, yes!

I hate after work drinks with colleagues, and now it’s turned into after work Zoom quizzes. Seriously CBA. I spend enough of my time with the fuckers already.
Haha, I’m lucky I’m ‘anti-social’ and hate webcam so they haven’t insisted I join them all but yes, it’s tedious. Especially now quizzes are SO April and we need to think more breakout room and other ‘fun’ stuff now.

Another thing that gets my goat is mental health awareness via social media and people who advise you to ‘just talk’ (wow, never thought of that) and ‘be positive ✌’ It’s insulting and disingenuous. Plus people who bang on about positivity are always the biggest, snide b*tches in my experience.

Reactions: 8
People who film their runny yolks. Put a knife in and squish the yolk all over their food like it’s sexual. It makes me barf 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Love Island - tried watching and just couldn't get into it
Most dramas that have hour long episodes or 20+ episodes a series
Social Media platforms (sometimes miss the days of MSN lol)
People frequently saying/typing stuff like "y'all" or "sksksksksk"
Dunno if people love them, but have always been a bit scared of balloons (or any object that make sudden, loud sounds like champagne corks going off)
Fandoms
Halloween - I love horror films and spooky stuff, but could never get into dressing up tbh

Reactions: 4
YES!! all of it as well (besides winnie the pooh). People look at me dull when I haven't seen the films and I'm like yeah I wasn't interested in toy story as kid and I'm not interested now.

I couldn't think of anything worse than paying a fortune to go to a theme park for 2 weeks with no rest at all.
My mum and her ex took me when I was about 9 thinking they were being amazing parents and I legit hated it. It was constant kick offs from my mum to me cause I was more interested in the hotel arcade :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
Fizzy juice
Milk
Game of Thrones
Cheese
Billie Eilish
Strawberries
Marvel films
Small dogs (chihuahua, frenchies) all have small dog syndrome and it drives me bonkers
KFC
I have a chihuahua and a frenchie 😂 the chi is scared of his own shadow, frenchie is only a pup but an absolute goof ball

Those maxi pioneer style dresses that seem so popular now with horizontal tiers of ruffles.🤢

Star Wars - so boring

Ketchup

Doner meat/kebabs

The same generic make up “goalzzzzzzz” on Insta. The make up looks caked on and tit IMO. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
The Office and Ricky Gervais in general
Onions
Smelly cheese
Hot cross buns
Nutella
Star Wars
Game of Thrones
Contouring
Bath Bombs
Youtube nobheads
Gym clothes worn as normal clothing
Platform trainers - ugly as hell!
Personalised initial clothing 🤮

Last edited:
might be unpopular but

"self care"/"be positivity" constantly being spouted on social media.

I'm a huge advocate for caring for you as a priority but the "always positive" brigade are the worst. It's just not realistic. Sometimes life is tit but you've got to get on with it. Self care is acknowledging that you're going through a rough patch but it's still paying the bill or doing the washing or tackling your to do list. It's not just bubble baths and candles. saying "be positive" constantly does sweet FA.

(Disclaimer: I am by no means telling those with mental health issues who struggle to do basic tasks to get on with it. I have had depression and there were times when getting out of bed felt like running a marathon. I'm just talking about those days when you feel a bit crappy and the people in general who just spout be positive.)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The Beatles
Jazz music
Robbie Williams
Marmite
Game of Thrones
Soap operas
Reality TV
Avocado

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.