Themepark worldwide

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok this has reminded me I need to rant about something - not sure if anyone else remembers or picked up on it but when they did the house tour S turned to C and said “what are ALL these shoes in the wardrobe here eh, Charlotte?!” And she didn’t even have an insane amount - maybe 5 pairs of trainers. Meanwhile he’s got his massive shed, bookworm, god knows what else and she doesn’t say a word (that we know of - but certainly not on camera!!) the woman’s a saint 😂

Ok this has reminded me I need to rant about something - not sure if anyone else remembers or picked up on it but when they did the house tour S turned to C and said “what are ALL these shoes in the wardrobe here eh, Charlotte?!” And she didn’t even have an insane amount - maybe 5 pairs of trainers. Meanwhile he’s got his massive shed, bookworm, god knows what else and she doesn’t say a word (that we know of - but certainly not on camera!!) the woman’s a saint 😂
Oh and constantly mentioning money annoys me even more. Once you tune into it, you’ll notice it in every video in one form or another. I understand being careful with £, we all have to be in this climate, but being so overtly tight to your fiancé over something like a £1 whistle is beyond..!! 😣

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Oh, I am so glad this isn’t exists. Finally, I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE! My husband just looooooooves Shawn and watches his videos seemingly every day (tbf to Shawn, he does churn them out). I have had ~Feelings for a long time now, and now I have somewhere I can vent them! Hooray!

In no particular order:
1. The teeth. Just… get em pulled, love. His are no better. They really are the ‘Big Book of British Smiles’ from the Simpsons;
2. The constant, and repetitive, talking. I get it, he’s a vlogger, it’s his job. But it is EVERY SINGLE SECOND of EVERY SINGLE VLOG. Have a moment’s silence every now and then. It wouldn’t hurt;
3. NICE. It’s a nice day here in Chessington, we’re going on the vampire, it’s got some nice little bits of theming, ooh that’s a nice bat they’ve got there, that’s a nice little detail… Does no one else want to ram a thesaurus down his throat? Learn some new words!;
4. Good god, that purple coat;
5. Good god, that grey house;
6. NICE. It’s so nice, I mentioned it twice!

Honestly, have a drink every time he says ‘nice’. Get yourself lovely and drunk.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh and constantly mentioning money annoys me even more. Once you tune into it, you’ll notice it in every video in one form or another. I understand being careful with £, we all have to be in this climate, but being so overtly tight to your fiancé over something like a £1 whistle is beyond..!! 😣
In the early days of the channel, there was a regular crowd who appeared in the videos. As the channel became successful, he refused to share any of the profits so they had a big fall out. He really is a tight ass.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
God imagine them stuck together in same house if another lockdown happened!! Well Charlotte what have we done today,well I got up had a piss and tit ,well there you go I thought it was wonderful,so did I Shawn,next we are riding the sofa,oh I can't wait,yes it's been a while since we rode on that , indeed it has, yesterday performance was a bit of let down spoilt by someone nocking on door,it was indeed and I couldn't get into it so baked a cake,oh yes the cake was nice Charlotte but had a funny taste,well Shawn I had to use the old cake mix 4 months out of date, nevermind we can always ride in the museam next ,ohhh that would be so nice

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh, I am so glad this isn’t exists. Finally, I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE! My husband just looooooooves Shawn and watches his videos seemingly every day (tbf to Shawn, he does churn them out). I have had ~Feelings for a long time now, and now I have somewhere I can vent them! Hooray!

In no particular order:
1. The teeth. Just… get em pulled, love. His are no better. They really are the ‘Big Book of British Smiles’ from the Simpsons;
2. The constant, and repetitive, talking. I get it, he’s a vlogger, it’s his job. But it is EVERY SINGLE SECOND of EVERY SINGLE VLOG. Have a moment’s silence every now and then. It wouldn’t hurt;
3. NICE. It’s a nice day here in Chessington, we’re going on the vampire, it’s got some nice little bits of theming, ooh that’s a nice bat they’ve got there, that’s a nice little detail… Does no one else want to ram a thesaurus down his throat? Learn some new words!;

Honestly, have a drink every time he says ‘nice’. Get yourself lovely and drunk.
Sorry to point this out but you missed point 7. “Isn’t it Charlotte”

• Haha
Reactions: 6
@dryhotdogs might have to change their name to drybratwurst!

View attachment 1821276

Also, I swear at all of these Christmas markets he bangs on about how expensive everything is. What are they expecting? 😅 He didn't let Charlotte have the bird whistle despite it being only £1 and even mentioned it again later on, unprompted. I get the vibe 'their' money is 'his' money. Happily spend £6.50 on a dry sausage but doesn't let his fiance have a £1 whistle that'll last longer than the sausage...

Hahaha oh no, I need to rebrand already!
Yes, completely agree here - all good spending £300 on some christmas lights, but Charlotte can't have a doughnut!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sorry to point this out but you missed point 7. “Isn’t it Charlotte”
*turns to her to let her know it's her line*

NICE. It’s a nice day here in Chessington, we’re going on the vampire, it’s got some nice little bits of theming, ooh that’s a nice bat they’ve got there, that’s a nice little detail… Does no one else want to ram a thesaurus down his throat? Learn some new words!
I also can't stand this 😂 he says it about 4 times for every thing he shows in every video. "That was nice. That's really nice. Really nice that" etc. It's just repetitive and boring as a viewer but to me anyway, the word has no meaning coming from him now. It's like he says it just to be positive for the family friendly content and it's just out of habit. If everything is nice then it's all the same and nothing stands out as being better than anything else 😂 not everything needs a commentary... There's plenty of theme park videos I've seen from other channels that have zero narration or anyone talking to the camera that show things off just as well, if not better because their face isn't in half of the video 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I used to enjoy the vlogs and they have helped us plan quite a few trips to theme parks outside the UK. Since he rebranded Adventure Shawn and brought Charlotte in, it’s got really annoying. He can’t shut up for one second. He talks all through his ride POVs, talks over Charlotte, points out the bleeding obvious “here’s some Themepark merch, this is a mug” yes we can see it’s a mug !!
Sometimes less is more

Looks like their channel has finally started to decline.. they remind me a bit of the trackers, they think the success will last forever, so the content stays the same because they think they’ve found the magic formula, and eventually they end up with viewer fatigue and it’s all downhill from there while they keep trying to claw it back

Reactions: 11
Looks like their channel has finally started to decline.. they remind me a bit of the trackers, they think the success will last forever, so the content stays the same because they think they’ve found the magic formula, and eventually they end up with viewer fatigue and it’s all downhill from there while they keep trying to claw it back
Exactly. Shawn is a victim of his own success. Loads of people discovered new theme parks through his channel and have thoroughly enjoyed their visits. But when it's yet another trip to The Efteling and the biggest new thing to share is that they're building a new hotel (which isn't exactly news to anyone with a passing interest in theme parks) then what's the point of watching? I love The Efteling but I turned off after yet another full ride on Fata Morgana on the vlog. I've already seen it on his vlogs (and in real life), why would I want to watch it again?

I think there's serious oversaturation in theme park vlogs at the moment and people are looking for something new, interesting and innovative not the same old formulaic schtick that Shawn's been cranking out for years now.

I think there's serious oversaturation in theme park vlogs at the moment and people are looking for something new, interesting and innovative not the same old formulaic schtick that Shawn's been cranking out for years now.
Luckily there are quite a few European parks opening new rides next year, so that should give him something to go at.

Reactions: 1
Luckily there are quite a few European parks opening new rides next year, so that should give him something to go at.
But the vlogs will still be the same format. Him gibbering at the camera incessantly on hour long vlogs with Charlotte looking gormless. I think people are becoming bored of this now.

My favourite thing is when they read out a sign for you showing the prices.

The Manchester vlog is basically 30 minutes of moaning how expensive everything is (shock horror, I can't believe it that it's not Wetherspoons prices everywhere or "the same as in Germany") and then Shawn just ordering whatever he wants to eat. Charlotte can't have had anything or they would have included it in the vlog with the classic accusatory "What you got there Charlotte?"

In no particular order:

Well here we are then welcome to the discussion penguin400, this forum is one of those really, y'know. That's just my opinon, and it's a real shame how expensive this forum is really.

Not sure what else he can do now to freshen things up. He so obviously loves theme parks I can't see him being any good at branching out to cruise vlogging or something.

He should be sorting some new parks to visit though. There's a few places he could visit in the middle east, not sure if he's been there before? Australia maybe? Re-do the Asian trip without a sex offender featuring in every video?

But the vlogs will still be the same format. Him gibbering at the camera incessantly on hour long vlogs with Charlotte looking gormless. I think people are becoming bored of this now.
That’s the problem really. And it ultimately killed the trackers.. same content rinse and repeat.. Themepark vloggers did really well during lockdown and once everything started opening up again when people were craving a bit of escapism, but who really cares about yet another vlog from the same Theme park these people were at 6 months ago?
I consider myself a themepark enthusiast, but they’re dull as dishwater.. Their opinions are always vanilla, seemingly because they’re terrified of upsetting anyone in the industry, they don’t offer anything new or original, and you can gain more insight from just watching silent park walkthroughs.. who is actually watching them and they’re weird mouths talk about how nice everything is?
my wife can’t stand seeing them on our tv, even on the thumbnails..It makes her physically angry 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
You can tell they want to be the next Trackers with their new 'HOooMmEe VvLlooGgSss!'
They will be using their future child for views as well.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.