Thehousethatblackbuilt

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate myself, but… I don’t hate the name.

It is embarrassingly try hard, and a big dollop of cringe, but I don’t hate it.

Maybe she really likes the octonauts and can’t wait to buy him all the merch?
Yeah same here. I mean it could not be more cringe and I’m embarrassed at how cool they must think it is but I kinda expected nothing less. Her response when someone suggested he could shorten it to Toby if he didn’t like it was ‘he’d better not!’ so I don’t think she’s feeling that option!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yeah same here. I mean it could not be more cringe and I’m embarrassed at how cool they must think it is but I kinda expected nothing less. Her response when someone suggested he could shorten it to Toby if he didn’t like it was ‘he’d better not!’ so I don’t think she’s feeling that option!
Unfortunately she won’t get a choice if your mates shorten your name or not….. my mother never shortened my name but the minute I went to school and work it got shortened. No point fighting it! The moral of story is use a name that you don’t mind the shortened version of!

Reactions: 4
I don’t understand why her husband didn’t veto the name, he’ll have to be popular or hard as nails else get the absolute piss ripped out of him

Reactions: 2
Unfortunately she won’t get a choice if your mates shorten your name or not….. my mother never shortened my name but the minute I went to school and work it got shortened. No point fighting it! The moral of story is use a name that you don’t mind the shortened version of!
Nah, there’s no chance the little Octonaut is going to avoid a themed nickname.

The only question is whether he’ll be Kwazii, Shellington, or Captain Barnacles?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t mind October 🙈 it’s really no different to April or May, she’s not as quirky or original as she thinks she is. That bed though… I hope little Toby bites the black paintwork when he’s teething.

• Haha
So random.

August Stonier would have been lovely.
But that’s like calling a baby Summer when it’s born in Winter. Makes no sense!
October is a ridiculous name though. I thought it was a typo and she was stating when he was born. Poor sod she has such delusions of grandeur. Everyone saying how wonderful must be lying 🤥 😂
I have an August who wasn’t worn in August 🌚

Sure of course a breastfeeding new mum only has a lamp on her bedside table 🤡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I know from the angle she’s sitting next to him in the back, but he shouldn’t be wearing a beanie while sleeping and/or in the car as it could slip down and suffocate him

Attachments

Reactions: 1
She always writes his name october, why not use the capital O which auto corrects when you type October, she's purposely using the lower case 'o', very strange

Reactions: 6