Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Plasticbox

Chatty Member
I feel disgusted that she lead people who clearly have eating problems down this path of eating what you like when you want and you will be thin thing, it not working, then piling the weight on and then she disappears.

Does anyone remember the girl called emma who was always on a diet? Calorie counting, loved Disney and works in sainsburys? She’s so clearly so vulnerable and Maddie encouraged her to follow this diet and it just made poor girl even more obsessive and worse off.

Reactions: 4

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
I used to be an avid fan of Maddy, but I have started to go off her recently. She bounced from calorie counting, to being gym bunny and a brand ambassador for protein shake, for doing an 8 week challenge that I dont think went anywhere, to weighing, to throwing the scales away, to HDE. As said upthread the before photos are from years ago and she starved herself to lose the weight before joining the gym. I also don't believe her 50lb gain, yes she had gained a wee bit of weight but not 50lb worth. I was all over HDE she was pushing and gained!! Did she get a cut from the sales? I would find her a lot more relatable if she just was honest and said keeping the weight off is hard. Losing is the easy bit. The proof is in the pudding (and on my belly!!!)

JayS

Omg the HDE
It's soooooo simply guys.. Blah blah blah.
So many accounts that jumped on the HDE and were having "guilt free" dominoes left right n centre went quiet pretty quickly😂😂✋

• Haha

Weeble12345

Honestly she's one that right gets on my tits. She comes across as so self righteous and a proper little know it all - HDE basically started a competition to see how little you could eat.
It was scary how quickly people jumped onto it 😳 I did enjoy watching her pilot training and the start of her career though

DozyDora

I actually think the antidietpilot should re-brand and talk about her profession; it’s fascinating and I found her flight related stories really interesting.

The HDE, not so much.

She had some hangers on that seem to have gone silent now too :rolleyes: one called Miriam I think was quite hot on it, she posted on Laura Thomas’ insta knocking intuitive eating.

I also saw Maddy’s personal account and she does indeed look bigger than before.

No miracle cure after all.

RIP HDE.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Yep 😂😂

Most of the people who raved about it have since gone back to SW / calorie counting after piling on the weight !
I’ve seen plenty of people on my feed do this. She has played a dangerous game with peoples weight loss journeys and sold them a fake dream. I called it as soon as it all kicked off, especially when people started going on about how they previously felt like they had no life, couldn’t go out, we’re restricted despite their feed showing otherwise all because some twat in a book told them it was 🙄

Last edited:

Swipe Up!

VIP Member
She’s lost 100 pound in weight tho, which is very hard to do. Not sticking up for her here but if you followed her etc you would know that she does struggle with her weight etc- she lost it and then put more than half back on.. I think she got sucked into it just like everyone else thought it was amazing and because she has a big following influenced people!
We all rave about something to our friends when something works .. for me it’s weight watchers but I still someone put all my weight back on 😂
I’ve followed her for years and since her ginger gym bunny account started in 2014 she’s never been fat again. She’s always been slim.

By her own account her heaviest was 17.5 stone and she’s never been near that weight again. Every single picture of herself she’s slim, unless it’s a throwback. And the before pictures she shares are from 2005-2009ish.

In May 2015 she shared a before pic that was 10 years old at the point. She still uses that before pic as a comparison - that’s fine but don’t claim it’s from HDE. She lost weight from calorie counting and then hitting the gym which she started in 2013. A year before she joined Instagram.

She’s shared a couple of pics where she looks very different (slimmer) but stated that there’s only a stone or so difference and that’s because of weight training.

My point is, she’s not shared her weight loss story and it’s not genuine as she makes out. She’s showed before and after pics. Started quoting the stones or pounds lost to boost her following.
And her weight loss, although incredible, was from calorie counting and then weight training to change her body composition. Not slimming world, not HDE, not being mindful. Some of it will have been puppy/uni fat. And the rest dieting - but long before she started this account. She’s been slim for years.

OffPlanForLife

She has never denied they are not
Yeah I remember her being quite open about having a boob job.
I used to like her and I agreed with a lot of what she said about diet plans etc, if you watch her ' Diet Horrors' story highlights it's very eye-opening and I realised that I had done so many of those things. I think the problem with Maddy is that she out all her eggs in one basket and acted like she was the new spokes person for 'intuitive eating' instead of someone who tried it and it worked for them, it came across preachy.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
I just don't think she is something we should be aspiring to be. Having someone super thin telling everyone she lost it through HDE is a load of bullcrap. She played a very clever game. I have quite a big insta following and am friends with a few other big accs. We all followed her in to HDE and she would make out we were all friends until a bigger account came along and you'd get dropped like a bag of hot shit. She created a nasty little clique of women who all blocked anyone who tried calling them on their bullshit attitudes. The whole HDE thing is ridiculous and hypocritical. 'it's not a diet' they all sing whilst she flaunts around on her story and feed showing off how anorexic she is these days, crediting HDE with her weight loss. THAT encourages people with eating disorders to follow 'hde' expecting to be successful like she was.. But it's not a diet so...? It's just a big con that makes me so angry.
She lost all her weight via SW and then started slagging it off. Then when I unfollowed 🙄

Reactions: 3

Weeble12345

That's the thing, even when she was busy before she was posting from the runway etc. When she gained weight whilst training she owned it and spoke at lengths about the struggles of maintaining etc so I was just wondering if I missed a big backlash

Swipe Up!

VIP Member
The issue with that book is it was an utter con. It jumped on HDE and bastardised it totally. If it were 'true' HDE, it wouldn't have plastered the words THIN and SKINNY on the front page, with the image of a cupcake - she sold a promise and a ridiculous claim that our bodies would just get to our 'healthy' weights naturally. All whilst swerving questions about her credentials.
EXACTLY!

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
What else use to annoy me was the way she banged on about not having he parents help her with the cost of learning to fly. She’s so clearly from money and so clearly they funded it for her.
Oh of course! Her parents house was huge and she used to drive this huge range rover I think it was. I'm sure her dad is someone high up a hospital. It was all officers balls and yacht holidays. Ffs stop bullshitting.

• Heart

Swipe Up!

VIP Member
She’s posting on her personal account again I see.
She’s got to be embarrassed about the HDE stuff, surely?!

Reactions: 2

conrea37

VIP Member
I liked the gingergymbunny account and her pilot training/life.

I'm not even a dieter and the HDE stuff done my head in. Everyone promoting it and shaming all other methods had already lost the bulk of their weight by doing non-HDE methods. The irony appeared to be lost on them on... not surprised it went as quickly as it came!
It was the fact they said how life changing it was, but then it clearly didn't work and literally everyone I followed who did HDE went back to their old eating plans.

Reactions: 2