The X Factor UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wagner was another obvious joke act. Couldn't remember how far he went in the live shows, so just had a look and he managed to make it to 6th place.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember Kate Thornton getting really annoyed at rowetta after she’d got through and I’m sure she was running around the stage excited? I can’t find a YouTube video but I remember Kate getting really annoyed with her. Also I never knew until a moment ago when I googled her that Rowetta worked with happy Mondays!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Remember that chubby-faced man with thinning, greasy hair who sang Aqua's Barbie Girl and the Bee Gees' Tragedy, both in a weird, high-pitched voice?

• Haha
Does anyone remember Kate Thornton (I’m sure that’s her name but 100%) getting really annoyed at rowena after she’d got through and I’m sure she was running around the stage excited? I can’t find a YouTube video but I remember Kate getting really annoyed with her. Also I never knew until a moment ago when I googled her that Rowetta worked with happy Mondays!!
Yes I remember. I’ve got the DVD of that year (2004). I remember her shouting something like “Rowetta you fruitcake, come back!” As she was going mental with excitement. I think Rowetta admitted that she was drunk in the audition. I could be wrong though.
Remember that chubby-faced man with thinning, greasy hair who sang Aqua's Barbie Girl and the Bee Gees' Tragedy, both in a weird, high-pitched voice?
Haha yes! One of my favourite auditions. 😂

Reactions: 3
Was he the man who worked in a chicken nugget factory??
Now you mention it, yes, I think that's what he said he did!

I seem to remember some out-take of him also singing Take That's The Flood. It wasn't shown in the main televised audition but was shown as part of a montage of oddball clips of various auditionees.

Last edited:
That’s so sad - I can remember her audition but didn’t know she had passed away.

I watched this not long ago and can’t believe it. How sad for her. You can just see the realisation in her eyes when she works out what has happened.
I am as far away from a conspiracy theorist as it is possible to be but it so clear the papers are in league with the levers of power be it business, politics or entertainment. As the DM guy admits they would have nothing to print without them.

Ever since the first series of Big Brother it has been abundantly clear that reality tv amasses hours of footage allowing producers to edit it any way they like and represent their favourites how they want. I would bet they have a sweepstake at the start and try to get their ‘contestant’ to win. In effect they are robbing the public who pay to vote by representing their own version of people.

TV shows touch on it. Flack shows the PR side and how misdemeanours are hidden or spun. Many people on here are very adept at spotting the cover story that is hiding the true depravity. UnReal on Amazon Prime was a real eye opener. The producers manipulating people and situations to fit their narrative and not caring about the impact on the people. The show must go on!!

You may say that people who go on reality shows sign waivers and contracts and are so desperate for fame they deserve what they get. But how many really know what they are getting in to? With the X Factor there are young people who rightly, or more usually wrongly, think they have got what it takes and have probably dreamed of the chance all their lives. Are they going to think about what might be done with the footage?

it is not an equal relationship. I’m just about any other walk of life it would be called bullying. It isn’t only the XFactor although it is probably the worst offender. How many more suicides, attempted suicides, mental health problems and drug addictions will there before something is done?

Reactions: 6
A thread on Zoe Alexander at the time of her audition: https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/1720598/that-p-nk-singer

Has anyone read Ben Elton’s “Chart Throb”? I think it was released round about season 2/3 of The X Factor and it opened my eyes a LOT to the manipulation of the show. Apparently Ben Elton hung around the making of the show whilst writing the book and then when it was released Simon was FURIOUS! 😂

My memorable X factor moments:

Shirlena Johnson who very obviously had some sort of mental health issues and was pulled from the show and alll footage cut despite being popular and making it to judges houses

The backlash when Laura got sent home over Ruth and it was discussed in the House of Commons!

When Dannii made a dig at school teacher Danyl sleeping with schoolboy Lloyd.

When Louis changed his vote to save Rylan from going home.

The horrible story surrounding Lucy in the hotel room and the covering up of it ☹🤬

That older woman whose family criticised the show for building up her hopes by inviting her back every year to the auditions only to turn around and say no each time ☹

When Louis made Dannii cry because of a stolen song choice

The judges being HORRIBLE to Janet Devin, especially on the week where her grandad died and they didn’t give a tit and mocked her.

This thread is a real eye opener too:https://forums.digitalspy.com/discu...-under-the-bus-the-most-by-x-factor-producers
What happened to Lucy??

I can't remember if this was X Factor or Pop Idol/Pop Stars, but does anyone remember the 13 year old that auditioned? She had blonde curly hair and I'm sure she sang something like Proud Mary. She was too young to audition but I always wondered at what point did they realise she was under age and how long did they let her continue for the sake of "This will make great telly"

I can't remember if this was X Factor or Pop Idol/Pop Stars, but does anyone remember the 13 year old that auditioned? She had blonde curly hair and I'm sure she sang something like Proud Mary. She was too young to audition but I always wondered at what point did they realise she was under age and how long did they let her continue for the sake of "This will make great telly"
I don’t remember that but something similar happened on the Irish version of Popstars (to Nadine from Girls Aloud, I believe)

Reactions: 1
I don’t think it’s who you’re talking about as it’s a different song but it has happened on The X Factor before. I’ve just had a look and her name was Paris. She was 14 not 13 though.

I don’t think it’s who you’re talking about as it’s a different song but it has happened on The X Factor before. I’ve just had a look and her name was Paris. She was 14 not 13 though.
Thanks for looking, that wasn't her. I feel like she might have auditioned in front of Pete Waterman...so might not be X Factor?

Reactions: 1
I think her name was Stephanie Mcmichael, she was on popstars the rivals, she went into the big brother house at some point.

Reactions: 3
I think her name was Stephanie Mcmichael, she was on popstars the rivals, she went into the big brother house at some point.
Popstars: the Rivals was the one which pitted Girls Aloud against that boys' group, wasn't it? I think it's quite blatant that they set the boys up to fail. They put together a group of lads who looked silly together with their different heights and builds and gave them a really crap song.

Ashamed to admit that I loved X Factor in the beginning, the scales fell from my eyes around 2011 and I stopped watching. Absolutely hated it after that, still do. For the reasons shared in this thread.

But looking at that DS link shared further up, I'm remembering old names. Johnny Robinson was mentioned, he was on it the last year I watched it and I loved him.

He did a gig in my town a few months later, at a really lovely burlesque themed venue and it sold out. He was fantastic, sang live and so much better than on X Factor. After the gig, he went round to every single table in that venue to thank us for coming and posed for photos, signed tickets etc. His 'people' were trying to hurry him along and he was like, "They've taken the time to see me, so I'm taking the time to see them!"

I got a lovely photo with him. He was absolutely adorable.

He was made out to be a joke act on X Factor, but was a very talented and humble gent.
20201228_171529.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10