Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wophie

VIP Member
Our 1pm predicted thunderstorm (which was meant to last into the evening) is now not expected until 5pm 😡

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 9

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
Not only do I hate the hot weather, I hate the "Why are you not outside enjoying it" brigade (ie my MIL)
Yes its sunny, but I'd still rather sit inside than get all hot and sweaty in the garden thanks.

Reactions: 9

cushtybert

VIP Member
Love the cold weather but I hate snow unless I’m inside looking at it. I hate driving in it, walking in it and how everything turns to chaos with it.
Feel better for that winge 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

penny1992

Chatty Member
I'm in Canada but have family in the Uk and they have been talking about the chilly weather. I have always joked with them I would take a dry climate sunny -20 day here over a damp/humid, cloudy -5 day in the Uk. The dampness really chills you to the bone. I can be out here in -10 without a hat/gloves sometimes because the climate is so dry. It makes a world of difference.

It is meant to be about -30 here next week. A few weeks back was -40.

• Wow

BigMavis

VIP Member
Loadsa snow. Pretty. Twinkling. Sparkling.
Absolute chaos when you need to go anywhere.
Why don't humans hibernate?

• Heart
  • Haha

roarke

VIP Member
I’m sat in the garden with a cold glass of water and it’s glorious. Currently 17 degrees with a lovely breeze and the cats are very happy to be out of the warm house. If this is the last of the heatwave, im going to enjoy it today. Now there’s an end in sight, I don’t mind being too hot!

carriebooboo

VIP Member
We're going to go from sweltering straight to freezing, aren't we?

Is a month or two of moderate temps too much to ask??

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
This is my absolute dream weather over the next few days

I was heavily pregnant over the summer 🤢

I know people moan about how cold it is but it should be, it’s December. I’m so glad it’s going to be cold and snowy over Christmas. I’m sure last year it was quite mild and it just didn’t feel right

Attachments

• Heart

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I'm in Scotland and we're not used to this weather. We're used to it bucketing down whilst listening to drought warnings on the news.

But I've not slept for 3 nights due to the heat. And that's with the window open and a fan on.

And now it's Sunday morning and I can't risk going back to sleep cos I'm taking my mum to circus this afternoon

But still I'd rather have this than the wind and rain.

Officedoor123

VIP Member
I'm right in the south east corner of England and its cold because of constant bloody wind for the last five weeks! It's shocking, washing gets all screwed up on itself on the line. It is going to stop by the weekend I think. Never known constant wind like it. Apart from that time I tried Alpen high fibre but that's another story

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
Snow is nice for about 5 minutes when you’re indoors and outside looks like a Christmas card, but it soon turns to shit. Slush and ice 👎🏻

I live at the top of a steep hill, it’s more of a hindrance than anything tbh.

Blonde_moment

Chatty Member
My body just isn’t cut out for this. I seem to over heat and sweat easily. I’m showering twice a day and still feel grubby and get paranoid I smell, despite also using a strong anti perspirant. I’m having to wash my hair every couple of days, whereas I can usually just do it twice a week. My skin suffers too. I have a dehydrated skin type and the sun literally sucks every bit of moisture out of it, so my face feels like a tight mask. I’m getting through copious amounts of hyaluronic acid serum every night.

The heat saps my energy and feel like I can’t do normal day to day things like cleaning and walking. I definitely couldn’t live in a climate where it’s like this all the time.