Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
that wasn’t the restful night sleep I had planned for the week from hell 😆 it’s already 16 degrees here in the East Midlands. Beautiful morning though, can’t argue that.

Reactions: 10

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Anyone else wondering when the weather will warm up? We are nearing spring and still no sign of warmer weather. I just want some warmth and consistent sunshine. I'm not asking for crazy heat, just 18/19c and some pleasant warmth.

Tide'sout

Yesterday's sun went to my head, maybe the Aperol Spritz too :D. I unearthed the 4.5 tog. Me and DH froze all night 🥶

• Haha

Lollyy

VIP Member
I think part of the issue is, the weather changes every five minutes if we knew we would get hot weather from June to sept every year we could adapt to it.
But next week no doubt will be 18 and rain

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
We had a wild night here in Northamptonshire High winds and heavy rain most of the night
Stormy here too. Woke up at 4 to tapping on the front door, I was really brave and went to look through the peephole to see the glow in the dark skeleton we had hanging from the hanging basket bracket slamming against the door in the wind....took my brain a terrifying second to compute 😲 ❌ ⚰.

• Haha

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
We often seem to get this deceptive uplift in temperatures for a week or so in February, followed by a plummet. I always think March and April are deceptive. You look at them as the start of the milder weather, but it can be really very cold. My birthday is the start of March, I remember it snowing a few years ago.

Lollyy

VIP Member
I just wish we could have more blue skies even if not exceptionally warm. I bet summer will give us 40 degrees where the Uk is not prepared. And you can’t do anything.

• Sad
Reactions: 9

BigMavis

VIP Member
So, um it finally rained. Now its showing rain until the 29th. I'm literally never happy. But I could be, 21/22 sunny all day with rain during the night.
Not much to ask is it?

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I’ve caught the sun so bad today even though I had cream on and kept it topped up 😩 it was so hot and clammy today, when we went out earlier we got a notification on our phones from our thermostat to say “inside temperature now above 29c - try to cool the home down” …… WHAT DO YOU THINK IVE TRIED DOING

• Haha
  • Heart

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
What a sweaty bollocks of a night that was 😭 Think I slept about 2 hours, partly thanks to the fornicating foxes outside. My dog wouldn't stop barking so annoyed at her too 🙄

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Very lazy day yesterday finally managed to get everyone to agree to a walk (beautiful sun all day). Within 10 minutes we in the middle a very heavy downpour. Ran home realised we had left the sky lights open and there was an inch of water in the utility I $hit you not. Love British weather.

Me and my husband cleaning in absolute silence and trying not to blame each other.

• Haha
  • Heart

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
It’s too hot already 🥵 open windows and get a house full of flies 😒

Also my ice cream and cider diet is not helping my waistline 😂

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I have naturally low blood pressure (70/45) and hot weather makes it worse. I'm NE and we had a pleasant sunny day yesterday...yet today I'm dehydrated, weak and dizzy 🥴🥴 dread it getting hotter
Fun times ahead
I don't have LBP, but this kind of heat is exhausting. Just zaps the energy away. I can't sit out in it because it's just way too warm. I lasted 10 mins yesterday sitting out in it because the warmth was overwhelming. Today is the same. It's oppressive isn't it. I wish we could have normal dry heat, a little warmth.

Not this humidity we inevitably get every summer. I swear my body needs the ideal amount of warmth haha, not extremes please lol. Our summers are too humid and winters too damp, we are poorly located for reasonable weather. At least we don't get terrible natural disasters I guess. That's one positive.

iLoveMeSomeCanoles

Chatty Member
Is anyone else now terrified a fire is going to start where you live? There's been at least 3 fires within 20 miles of me in the last week.
It's not something I've ever thought much about before but I live rurally and all the fields are so dry. I was compulsively watching the combining and baling in nearby fields last week in case the machinery caught fire (the cause of one of the above mentioned fires).

• Sad
  • Haha

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Hope you all moaning about the heat are happy 🥶🤣
I'm so pleased it's set to be a bit warmer next week, I am not made for the cold 😭

• Heart