The unmumsy mum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to like her, then when they bought that house and spent most of the time bitching about the decor and how awful it all was, it annoyed me and made me very sad, that was someone’s home, they lived there a long time by the look of it, and it was in pretty good condition considering it’s age.
This is a pet peeve of mine with loads of Instagram accounts that move house or brand themselves as an interiors account.

You bought a house from an elderly person and are surprised it doesn’t have instagrammable interiors? Need to complain the gardens are run down and the decor is dated? Please. 🙄

Reactions: 6
what are recent thoughts about her? I have followed for a long time, hated her filming her youngest upset but she seemed to have stopped that. Although how the kids are generally filmed, photographed and used for ads which is just 👎🏼. Have noticed so many ads creeping in, then the affiliate links and now the affiliate links not labelled 🙄 they never stay genuine, the money always wins!

Attachments

Reactions: 2
She's no different from the others, her children have lost their privacy and in terms of parenting she needs to get a grip with the youngest one - and yes I will judge on her parenting if it's out there in the public domain for everyone to see

Reactions: 2
She can't be the unmumsy mum and not show her kids - she would have no content.
I'm afraid these influencers, bloggers, instagrammers or whatever you call them earn obscene amounts of money using their kids as cash cows. I agree its wrong and children should be protected until they are old enough to make their own decisions. Unfortunately people are powered by money, and they will use anything to get it.

Reactions: 3
I unfollowed her home account as fed up with affiliates and no advert markings. Her unmumsy account is pretty boring now as well.

Reactions: 1
Just as bad as all the others with the kids plastered all over the internet. The recent pictures of the youngest throwing tantrums and pulling his face shouldn’t be all over the internet. I know she’s trying to be relatable and fair enough she’s not pretending parenting is all sunshine and rainbows but her kids have not consented to the Instagram life. How is this going to affect the boys in later life? Will they want their lives documented online when young adults? One if the first things we are told in my line of work is to check the privacy settings on all our social medias. How would her kids be able to do that? Their entire lives are out there - tantrums and all.

The Instamum world has changed SO much since she first got famous. I alway associate her and Hurrah For Gin together, because they both cannily rode the zeitgeist and got book deals at the same time.

Back then it was all about what nightmares toddlers are, what has my life become, gin o clock etc etc. I don’t think you could even get away with half of the stuff they did even five years later (or maybe it’s just that I’ve moved away from preschooler content now my kids are older). It does leave them with no content though 🤷‍♀️ Seems HFG has pretty much stepped away, and now Sarah is looking into branching out into chick lit as a career instead? Will be interesting to see how the book does, because the market is so saturated.

I did roll my eyes at the book announcement when she spammed Stories with her luvvie mates gushing about how wonderful the book is, how they laughed and cried etc. So insincere!