The unmumsy mum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I struggle with her recording tantrums and her nursery voice toward him. I felt for her two others when they were trying to learn and she’s just letting him grab stuff and asking if he’s cross in her sing song voice.

I’ve noticed the ads are creeping in a bit....

Reactions: 3
Agreed. I can’t believe how much she indulges the youngest one. I think she knows how much she does because she always tries to make light of it and make it seem funny, however I do think she’s just lost all control with him and kind of given up.
Yeah I actually like her but the whole thing about Jude and Wilf being difficult personalities makes me sad, esp with Wilf seems like he definitely rules the roost. Henry seen as the golden child

I like her. I genuinely think she’s relatable and honest. I think they struggle with the youngest and she’s very honest about it. I didn’t agree with the filming of the tantrum but she did apologise and realise that was a boundary crossed there. I wouldn’t say she spoils him because everyone’s idea of spoiling is different.

either way, I think all her ads are quite well done and you won’t see her flogging razors or crap. I mostly despise when Instagrammers are gifted house stuff but all her stuff I dig

Reactions: 5
I liked her first book and thought she was super funny and witty. Find her a bit dull nowadays.

Reactions: 1
Sarah - The Unmumsy Mum is a friend of a friend and apparently is a lovely lady and incredibly quiet. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her despite us living in the same city and having a mutual friend.
It's nice that sometimes she refuses gifted items as she says her boys have enough so she's not greedy like others are.
What i don't understand is they have added an extension which is lovely by the way but not adding an extra bedroom so 2 of the boys share.

Reactions: 7
I like her; she’s transparent with ads and gifted items and seems fairly relatable/real. However, I really thought Jude (wilf also) whingey videos we’re just so bloody irritating. It’s not something I like really. Seeing kids having tantrums, and it makes them seem spoilt even from a 3 second snippet..

I must admit, I get triggered when she posts stories of Wilf being a pain in the arse, whinging and crying and disrupting everything. Brings back horrible memories of the misery that was parenting my son when he was 2-3 🤣 I would not relive those days if you paid me.

And yes, the nursery voice 😬

Reactions: 2
I really like her, I find her funny. However I think she’s making a rod for her own back the way she lets wilf dominate everything! Not fair on the other boys

I feel so sorry for the older boys, the eldest especially. He’s trying to do his school work and she’s letting the youngest one climb all over him and disturb him.

she needs to stop indulging him. He’s extremely spoiled

Reactions: 4
I feel so sorry for the older boys, the eldest especially. He’s trying to do his school work and she’s letting the youngest one climb all over him and disturb him.

I feel the same way. It’s not having a dig at her home schooling, it’s allowing her youngest absolutely no boundaries and interrupting her eldest trying to work. To me, it’s spoiled behaviour and she’s too lax

Love her! She's a rare breed of normal instamum and she seems to only accept ads or gifts for things she actually uses. Her and UGG are my favourites and they never get on my tits like most of them do

I used to really like her but recently I get the feeling something has shifted. Maybe my eyes are just more open now to the subtleties of Instagram but the oh Wilf is starting to get annoying as are the Henry favourite child posts. She may be great at declaring adverts etc but she's still selling their childhoods.

Reactions: 7

It must be hard tho, how do you help two older children whilst you have a toddler?!

My boys need constant attention when doing their school work, it’s bad enough having to split myself into two let alone having a toddler wanting to ‘help’ too x

I used to really like her but recently I get the feeling something has shifted. Maybe my eyes are just more open now to the subtleties of Instagram but the oh Wilf is starting to get annoying as are the Henry favourite child posts. She may be great at declaring adverts etc but she's still selling their childhoods.
This!! I think people forget she’s selling their childhoods! Other instagrammers get ripped apart for this and she’s doing exactly the same but gets away with it because she doesn’t do as many ads? Makes no difference in my eyes.

I like her, feel she’s the most real of the mummy bloggers. She doesn’t try to make things look perfect like the rest of them.

It must be hard tho, how do you help two older children whilst you have a toddler?!

My boys need constant attention when doing their school work, it’s bad enough having to split myself into two let alone having a toddler wanting to ‘help’ too x
It is hard for sure, especially when you have a difficult/“spirited” child who kicks off no matter what you do. I remember the days when I literally couldn’t listen to my child read after school because the younger one would scream bloody murder and hang off my legs. So I sympathise with her there.

This!! I think people forget she’s selling their childhoods! Other instagrammers get ripped apart for this and she’s doing exactly the same but gets away with it because she doesn’t do as many ads? Makes no difference in my eyes.
I’ve not thought about it like that. When it comes to profiting off her children; she’s one of the worst of them for sure. Books and Stories every day, those children have been captured and shared every step of the way. She still does ads, she gets paid for them, she’s still selling books and making appearances based on being their mother.

I like her - book/author wise

Instagram wise - no, because its still overexposing children on social media

Also i am surprised this is the first thread!? Shes been around since the original mum blogs hasnt she? (You know, before it got all #ad #gifted #hereisapicofmynakedchildwhydiditgetreported?)

I used to like her, then when they bought that house and spent most of the time bitching about the decor and how awful it all was, it annoyed me and made me very sad, that was someone’s home, they lived there a long time by the look of it, and it was in pretty good condition considering it’s age.

As for her youngest, if I lived near them and had to enjoy his screaming constantly I wouldn’t be best pleased!