The Unlikely Dad

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No he doesn’t does he and that makes it all the whole lot worse. I’m sure Kai won’t notice much of a difference and I’m sure he will love Christmas at just the three of them. Tom has said before that Kai gets overwhelmed at Christmas, which I can understand as my brother (who has Tourette’s and ADD) used to kick off every year because he was overwhelmed, so surely it will be good for Kai to have a low key day?

I get that everyone is entitled to their feelings, believe me I do, but I sometimes think that some people, especially those with a platform that is watched by many, should keep their feelings private in situations like this if they are in a privileged position. It’s not like Kai or Tom are spending Christmas alone or on the streets, they are a family and they are together.
It bugged me he said it's inhumane. I think the gov has been rubbish and they should never have made the whole 5 day rule relaxation because it made no sense and now people are understandably upset and angry if they made plans. I do understand that. However I think at this juncture it's right to do this before we end up in even more of a crisis in January. We all want this to end sooner rather than later and him bleating on like a whiny child is irritating. I usually don't mind him on the whole but this is just childish. It is not inhumane. It is cackhanded yes because the relaxation rule should never have been passed in the first place because 25th Dec is the same as any other day in covid's book. He has his health, family, income. Everything. Quit the self pity. Does he not see the consequences of people hanging out together indoors in a tier 4 area? No one, not even the imbeciles in government, want to move into tier 4 but here we are and so be it. He has nothing to complain about in this way when there are people who have nothing and no one.

Reactions: 1
It bugged me he said it's inhumane. I think the gov has been rubbish and they should never have made the whole 5 day rule relaxation because it made no sense and now people are understandably upset and angry if they made plans. I do understand that. However I think at this juncture it's right to do this before we end up in even more of a crisis in January. We all want this to end sooner rather than later and him bleating on like a whiny child is irritating. I usually don't mind him on the whole but this is just childish. It is not inhumane. It is cackhanded yes because the relaxation rule should never have been passed in the first place because 25th Dec is the same as any other day in covid's book. He has his health, family, income. Everything. Quit the self pity.
I haven’t liked him for a long time because I just think he has an awful attitude at times and he comes across spoilt, ignorant and entitled. All he does is moan and whine that things aren’t fair and he gets on his high horse constantly. At the end of the day, this is a new situation and mistakes will be made, but like you say, the relaxation over Christmas was never a good idea and he needs to stop acting like it’s worse than it is. He isn’t alone, he has a husband and a son.

Maybe he should have a conversation with a nurse in A&E. Might pull his head out his arse. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
I haven’t liked him for a long time because I just think he has an awful attitude at times and he comes across spoilt, ignorant and entitled. All he does is moan and whine that things aren’t fair and he gets on his high horse constantly. At the end of the day, this is a new situation and mistakes will be made, but like you say, the relaxation over Christmas was never a good idea and he needs to stop acting like it’s worse than it is. He isn’t alone, he has a husband and a son.
Yes. He has every right to feel disappointed but talking about a God given right of how we love (or something along those lines) being taken away for Christmas is melodramatic and childish. Get a grip.

Reactions: 2
Yes. He has every right to feel disappointed but talking about a God given right of how we love (or something along those lines) being taken away for Christmas is melodramatic and childish. Get a grip.
Yep 100%. If I had a platform, no matter what my feelings were deep down, i wouldn’t be broadcasting my negativity. I would be using it to try and support people and to try and be positive in any way that I could. No one needs to read his melodramatic tripe.

They haven’t even bothered to stay local today, despite being in tier 4, as we live in the same town and that categorically isn’t it.

He keeps saying it’s going to be just them 3 and moaning about it, but he’s also said before that his MIL is single and I’m fairly certain that support bubbles are still allowed, so I would have thought he would still be allowed to have her over?

He bleeping infuriates me. I’m at home alone for Christmas now with 2 kids. Scrambling around for a Christmas dinner and he’s acting like nothing has changed.

He bleeping infuriates me. I’m at home alone for Christmas now with 2 kids. Scrambling around for a Christmas dinner and he’s acting like nothing has changed.
'oh no its just the 3 of us' While proceeding to have visited every café, super market, garden centre, playground, Anything other then home!

Reactions: 6
He’s going out more than I am and I’m tier 2.. Obviously totally my choice to limit my family’s trips out. However I don’t want to contribute to my area going up a tier or, even worse, my family becoming unwell. It’s because of people like him that we are in this situation. What a head 🖕🏻

Reactions: 4
I don’t know why he can’t just stay the duck at home, or at least stay bloody local. He lives in the same town as me and once again he’s off in another nearby town 40 mins drive away. We are tier 4. Stay the duck at home Tom, it’s not our fault that you have a weird husband and an annoying kid - you chose them, try staying in with them, or go for a walk anywhere in the town we actually live in. Bellend.

Oh and the town he’s wandering around has 100 cases per 100k more than the one he lives in. You’re part of the reason we are in this mess 👏🏻

• Wow
Reactions: 5
He has been winding me up more and more about this as they days have gone on. He just does not get it, or doesn’t give a tit. And some of that child’s behaviour over the last couple of weeks has been shocking. He is going to be a very unliked child if he’s allowed to carry on the way he is.

He has been winding me up more and more about this as they days have gone on. He just does not get it, or doesn’t give a tit. And some of that child’s behaviour over the last couple of weeks has been shocking. He is going to be a very unliked child if he’s allowed to carry on the way he is.
The way he acted when losing a game and they knew it was coming. I expect that from a toddler, not a child.

His behaviour is awful. He lets him cheat at games though so it’s no surprise. If he can’t play without being a sore loser then I wouldn’t play with him at all.

Tom dropped some hints the other day though that Kai might be under investigation for autism, although originally he said ADHD.

Also his Twitter feed really annoys me at times. He’s been retweeting and replying to people posting about everyone staying for two weeks and not coming into contact with anyone so that the virus will go away.

Tom then responds saying he’s said this from the start, that we should do a two week lockdown where people can’t leave their homes. Erm, firstly, you are part of the problem Tom, you’re one of the ones who hasn’t been following the rules. Secondly, its not even possible. People still need to go to hospital, people still need drs, the fire brigade, plummers ect. What an idiot.

Last edited:
My brother had a friend like Kai, one who always got what he wanted, had to win every game.....no one invited him to parties/sleepovers etc because he always ruined it!

What do they do at the garden centre?! I mean they go what feels like a few times a week?!
I can honestly say I’ve been to the garden centre once this year (in February!) for hamster food.....

What do they do at the garden centre?! I mean they go what feels like a few times a week?!
I can honestly say I’ve been to the garden centre once this year (in February!) for hamster food.....
Maybe he’s been reading here, because he’s now claiming he hasn’t been to any since lockdown 2🙄. Apparently he’s been to all the coffee shops and parks that he can and so now he’s trying garden centres again, he’s so stupid. 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Maybe he’s been reading here, because he’s now claiming he hasn’t been to any since lockdown 2🙄. Apparently he’s been to all the coffee shops and parks that he can and so now he’s trying garden centres again, he’s so stupid. 🙄
I just saw that....I’m sure they went in December!